Therocksbiggestfan is offline Associate Member

power cleans for hockey

are doing speed excersises like power cleans and such good for hockey and if so when should i do them in my 5 day spilt....monday-chest, tues-back, wed-legs, thrus-sholders, friday-arms...should i do a speed based power workout on sat....which includes the power cleans...and other sprinter excerises

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Power cleans are good for any athlete. Hard to determine exactly where to put them since they are a total body movement. This is why I don't like bodybuilding type routines for athletes (splitting body parts) unless there is a definite reason for it.

HockeyMonster9 is offline New Member
    Hey man, my workout schedule is almost identical to yours. I work Chest/Tris -Monday, Back/Bi's Tues, Legs/Wed, Arms Thurs, and Shoulders/Fri. If i dont have a game on Saturday i will do cleans and deads on that day, but if i do, i will do them on sunday instead and my body seems to have full time to recover. Sometimes i do my cleans the same day i do my shoulders. I have just recently got really into deadlifts and cleans, and i find that it is helping me a ton in hockey with my core strength. It will make you a lot more solid and hard to move around.

Thread Information