Thread: Barry Bonds

brocaster is offline New Member

Barry Bonds

Does anyone know how much an autographed baseball card of Barry Bonds could be worth. And will the price ever go up? How can I get the card authorized?

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brocaster
    Does anyone know how much an autographed baseball card of Barry Bonds could be worth. And will the price ever go up? How can I get the card authorized?
    about 500 millligrams

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    go to a card shop .... ask around ... they should know

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    def hit up a card shot....or if u live by a ball just keep a look out for a weekend when they have a setup of all those card traders. those dudes live for that $hit. hold on to that ball dude - once he passes ruth it will rocket and then when he passes aaron - god only knows.

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    oh - as ;or price....id say the ball will prob be worth a few hundred bucks man...perhaps into the grand area. the thing that helps is bonds being such a dickhead he doesnt sign a whole lot of stuff.

LD_18 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuckDog
    oh - as ;or price....id say the ball will prob be worth a few hundred bucks man...perhaps into the grand area. the thing that helps is bonds being such a dickhead he doesnt sign a whole lot of stuff.
    yea ur 100% correct on him bein a dickhead, i cant stand the guy. But i have nothin but respect for him as a player and any true ball player should to.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuckDog
    def hit up a card shot....or if u live by a ball just keep a look out for a weekend when they have a setup of all those card traders. those dudes live for that $hit. hold on to that ball dude - once he passes ruth it will rocket and then when he passes aaron - god only knows.
    I think if Ruth had gear in his day and was on it like Bonds was I would give Bonds the recoginition that he should recieve but Ruth had no roids and to me bonds has no recoginition in my eyes for his Home Run count although even without roid he would of been a great player but I really doubt he would of got the home runs he did with out gear and the same goe for McGuire......just ask Jose : )

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LD_18
    yea ur 100% correct on him bein a dickhead, i cant stand the guy. But i have nothin but respect for him as a player and any true ball player should to.
    This is what I tell everyone I agree 100% with you.

house20 is offline Junior Member
    i believe it depends on where the autograph is on the ball whether it is worth alot

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by house20
    i believe it depends on where the autograph is on the ball whether it is worth alot
    Thats not true.
    dv

whollyhuge is offline New Member

Skill

As with every baseball player that has used gear...the skill was already there...with Bonds..yes it obviously helped his homerun count...but he was already a natural...with McGwire...not as much...his rookie year he hit 49 homeruns...he was an incredible homerun hitter from the start of his career...steroids don't make you have better hand-eye coordination...yes they may add a few feet to the balls you hit...but you still have to hit a 95 mph fastball with movement coming at you from 60.6 feet away...if you think steroids make ballplayers better...then why aren't all of you in the bigs? Respect who you want...but anyone up there has incredible skill...with or without gear...the ones who have been caught aren't bad people or bad players...they're just like everyone else on the face of this Godforsaken earth...they want to make themselves better. Keep this in mind when you bring the respect issue to light.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whollyhuge
    As with every baseball player that has used gear...the skill was already there...with Bonds..yes it obviously helped his homerun count...but he was already a natural...with McGwire...not as much...his rookie year he hit 49 homeruns...he was an incredible homerun hitter from the start of his career...steroids don't make you have better hand-eye coordination...yes they may add a few feet to the balls you hit...but you still have to hit a 95 mph fastball with movement coming at you from 60.6 feet away...if you think steroids make ballplayers better...then why aren't all of you in the bigs? Respect who you want...but anyone up there has incredible skill...with or without gear...the ones who have been caught aren't bad people or bad players...they're just like everyone else on the face of this Godforsaken earth...they want to make themselves better. Keep this in mind when you bring the respect issue to light.
    i totally agree with you. do we start taking away sacks or tackles from football players? of course not. and who says pitchers are not on something? and just because players of past era's wer'nt on juice doesnt mean they wer'nt on something else. babe ruth plays a double header in 95 degree heat after drinking till 3 a.m. maybe does a little coke the next day to get him through? not unheard of. coke was illegal. do we fault him for that? laurance taylor was coked up every single game. definitly aided his performane. do we take all his stats away? how come its ok to give a player a cortisone shot to aid his performance? why pain killers? if a father spends his hard earned money to go to a game with his son to see the boys hero, and that guy is not in the line up, the guy goes nuts. give him a pain shot and get him in the game. thats ok. but find out the guy is on steroids and he's the devil. juice is not cheating at the pro level. period. anyone who has ever sacrificed to be there would know what im talking about.

MuscleMatrix is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brocaster
    Probably about as much as a bottle of flax seed oil

Lucifer1 is offline Junior Member
    i think the price of the card will def go up after he breaks the record...but get rid of it right away cause if he gets caught the card or ball wont be worth shit

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    i totally agree with you. do we start taking away sacks or tackles from football players? of course not. and who says pitchers are not on something? and just because players of past era's wer'nt on juice doesnt mean they wer'nt on something else. babe ruth plays a double header in 95 degree heat after drinking till 3 a.m. maybe does a little coke the next day to get him through? not unheard of. coke was illegal. do we fault him for that? laurance taylor was coked up every single game. definitly aided his performane. do we take all his stats away? how come its ok to give a player a cortisone shot to aid his performance? why pain killers? if a father spends his hard earned money to go to a game with his son to see the boys hero, and that guy is not in the line up, the guy goes nuts. give him a pain shot and get him in the game. thats ok. but find out the guy is on steroids and he's the devil. juice is not cheating at the pro level. period. anyone who has ever sacrificed to be there would know what im talking about.

You guys are only talking about one aspect of Steroids , the strength. Will steroids help strength, yes. For sure they will. Has steroids help Average hitter hit more HR's, yes they have. HR total's are down acroose the board. But what Ruth, Aaron etc...Could have used back in the day is the recovery ability that juice provides as well as HGH, IGF-1 etc...These drugs can help players stay young for much longer. I mean look at Hank Aarons HR totals as he got older than say 38 they went way way down hil. Now you got a guy like Bonds who can throw up 50+. Granted weights and nutrition have come a long way but you cannot tell me that taking steroids has not greatly enhanced these players ability to recover, a major major factor. Probably even more so than the strength aspect. The body starts to wear and tear with age but these drugs have changed all of that.

Hooksetter is offline Associate Member
    I used to be a big card and autograph collector. Until you get a certificate of Authenticity, Your autograph isnt worth jack....I wish I could tell you how to get the certificate, but i really dont know.

If you find out, hit me back...I also have and autographed bonds rookie card with no certificate.

Guy guy12 is offline New Member
    I got a chance to see barry hit in person recently, but didn't ask for an autograph. Just in awe at how amazing he is.

Lucifer1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy guy12
    I got a chance to see barry hit in person recently, but didn't ask for an autograph. Just in awe at how amazing he is.
    Shouldve gotten one and sold it. But i agree...his hitting is amazing

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    i don't know if you can get a certificate of authenticity for an autographed card. i would think the value of it would depend on what the card is. a 1987 fleer rookie would be far more valuable than say a 2002 topps card. actually sports memorabilia is worth only what somebody is willing to pay for it.

bigacct is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    about 500 millligrams

You are a funny mofo, this is funny as hell

100m champ is offline Member
    i really dont know why err body hate on barry like dat.. he da greatest baseball play of alltime and err body gonna hate on da man, GIVE ME A BREAK SHOW DA MAN SOME CREDIT. 700+HR YOU GUYS CALL THAT NOT GREAT?

LD_18 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 100m champ
    i really dont know why err body hate on barry like dat.. he da greatest baseball play of alltime and err body gonna hate on da man, GIVE ME A BREAK SHOW DA MAN SOME CREDIT. 700+HR YOU GUYS CALL THAT NOT GREAT?
    1st, nice use of the english language. 2nd, he is not THE best baseball player everywhere, true he may be about to break the record for homeruns but, there is alot more to the game than just homeruns. if you think that just because he hits the most homeruns then he is the best player EVER then you just arent very smart baseball wise. IMO he isnt even the best hitter of all time. My personal opinon Ted Williams is the best hitter ever, he holds the highest batting avg for a single season,.406, and since him nobody has even hit .400. he hit .406 in a time when sac flys and sac bunts counted against you as a hitter unlike in today's game

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyvegas
    Thats not true.
    dv

SCMedic is offline New Member
    I have spent time with Barry when I was playing professionally, and as a person, he's a dick. I have no respect for him. All the controversy with him and steroids is silly. He may have used them, but they do not make you a better hitter. He's one of the best hitters as a whole, to ever play the game. I can say that. As an outfielder, he's average at best.

The hardest thing to do in professional sports is to take two round objects and hit them square.

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    Ok... a bonds ball authentic leather ball with no notations "ie" to joe in near mint condition with a COA from a real authenticator. Is worth about $150-200
    This is signed on the sweet spot, "yes location does matter. WITH a ball point pen.. no marker.

You can get a COA by going to psacard.com and hunting down the area that deals with that...

without seeing the ball though that is the bast i can do.

And yes i agree Ted Williams was the greatest player ever.

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    i am sorry i missread that... its a baseball CARD... well it depends on what he signed it with.. how clean the auto is.. what card of what year.. in what condition it is.. but a BB au on just any card....... with no COA.. even if its real.. will fetch.. $20-30 US..

Go Canucks Go is offline New Member
    Its not a question of whether or not he used the, he did for sure, thats why his hat size increases every year, I think he admitted it too. He's the biggest jerk though, he has his own private room in the dressing room and speaks to none of his players. Also he droev away San Fran's best player, Jeff Kent.

Thread Information