scaryfast is offline New Member

Endurance Athletes?

Hello Everyone-

I would like to know if there are any/many endurance athletes visiting this forum? If so, please post and let us know more about yourself and your sport. I am a Master pro-am bicycle racer and a former motocross racer. Would like to hear from fellow endurance athletes about they're wildest sporting adventures, training program, diet, supplementation, gear, travel tips, etc.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

scaryfast

megathrust is offline New Member
    I am a retired pro motocross,supercross. racer and presently an advid mountain biker. i have always weight trained and recently have gotten in to heavy lifting and i am finding out that heavy weights and arm pump go hand and hand i am looking for a happy medium.let me know what you think.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    what age master?..........what CAt r u?

LL08 is offline Member
    I'm a middle distance runner / 800m 1500m / do decent sprints but long term my ability lies in the more endurance based track diciplines.

-LL

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by LL08
    I'm a middle distance runner / 800m 1500m / do decent sprints but long term my ability lies in the more endurance based track diciplines.

-LL
    hey LL, i didn't know you were an endurance athlete, thought you were a sprinter. got any tips on boosting endurance? (will never use EPO again, scared)

innocent_criminal is offline Junior Member
    To you supercross/motocross riders................ what did you do to train your arms to reduce arm pump. Or what supplements did you take. I can get some crazy a$$ arm pump at times. It totally ruins the end of my race. If it was not for that i would be consistent with my lap times. Any and all opinions welcome. thanks in advance.

I_C

itsjinx is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    hey LL, i didn't know you were an endurance athlete, thought you were a sprinter. got any tips on boosting endurance? (will never use EPO again, scared)
    EPO is SCARY

911regular is offline New Member
    For arm pump, either take a few aspirin before you ride or grind up 4 aspirin and put it in with whatever you use in your bladder (camelback),,,it thins your blood a bit,,,lot of XC pros do this regularly. As for working out to NOT get arm pump Ive found doing NO heavy arm exercises,,,higher reps for bis and tris and definetly no forearm work except where absolutely necc, (deadlifts and such). Arm pump is mainly caused by white knuckling and/or nerves,,,if all else fails surgery,,,like roncada did.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Interesting, never knew moto crossers were considered endurance athletes.

911regular is offline New Member
    Endurance will make or break a racer,,,anyone can be fast for a lap, how about 20? or racing full out for a couple hours on a XC course?

Peruse is offline New Member
    I'm a long distance runner (up to 10K)...i'm on nothing but a multivitamin but am looking into B-12 and EPO. EPO is just impossible to find (pm any help) at my age. I also know very little about B-12 so any help would be great.

Mile 4:28

Thread Information