baseballrod22 is offline New Member

PITCHER: what to take?

i am a D 1 pitcher, this is my senior year. i have been interested in taking something for a while. i was wondering what can i take that will give me results in muscle gains, loss of fat and most importantly HAVE NO STRAIN ON MY TENDONS OR LIGAMENTS...
    i have done a ton of research but i cant find any sportspecific information. please do not use any nick names like prop. or win.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballrod22
    i am a D 1 pitcher, this is my senior year. i have been interested in taking something for a while. i was wondering what can i take that will give me results in muscle gains, loss of fat and most importantly HAVE NO STRAIN ON MY TENDONS OR LIGAMENTS...
    i have done a ton of research but i cant find any sportspecific information. please do not use any nick names like prop. or win.
    i'm gonna go on a limb and say you have NOT done a ton of research.

baseballJ121 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfyEVH
    i'm gonna go on a limb and say you have NOT done a ton of research.

I agree

baseballrod22 is offline New Member

just looking

im just looking for some answers...

ZackMurphy is offline New Member
    Is something wrong with lifting weights and eating a proper diet? Gotta turn to the pills?

A kid your age, a pitcher - why in the world do you want more muscle? Flexibility, sure; endurance, sure - but mass?

Even as a baseball fan and adult league player, I have no beef with anabolics, but it makes no sense for someone your age, at your position.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZackMurphy
    Is something wrong with lifting weights and eating a proper diet? Gotta turn to the pills?

A kid your age, a pitcher - why in the world do you want more muscle? Flexibility, sure; endurance, sure - but mass?

Even as a baseball fan and adult league player, I have no beef with anabolics, but it makes no sense for someone your age, at your position.
    Aint that true.....

And if you had done a "TON" of research youde know the answers to your Q's.
    IMo you could hang here in the forums for awhile , read study & study and youll get your answer plus everything you need to know before use.
    dv

Unoid is offline Member
    I don't know about you, but Lifting for bulking as a pitcher doens't work. First of all You'll have a lot of trouble Pitching a game once a week and dealing with workout soreness.

but if you're looking for chemical supplements that will aid in your recovery/strength for Long toss and during your bullpens and games... There really isn't much you can take.

Not to mention D1 = tested.

Perhaps Test Prop at 300-400mg/wk for 10weeks in fall season. I wouldn't risk cycling during the main season, especially if you're on a good team.

Winny would be great, but it does make peoples joints sore, and sore joints as a pitcher = not something we want.

Deca also is a good drug for pitching, but both deca and EQ are in your system for a long time (busted on tests)

I'd advise refining your diet and training, and sleep.

Lucifer1 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoid
    I don't know about you, but Lifting for bulking as a pitcher doens't work. First of all You'll have a lot of trouble Pitching a game once a week and dealing with workout soreness.

but if you're looking for chemical supplements that will aid in your recovery/strength for Long toss and during your bullpens and games... There really isn't much you can take.

Not to mention D1 = tested.

Perhaps Test Prop at 300-400mg/wk for 10weeks in fall season. I wouldn't risk cycling during the main season, especially if you're on a good team.

Winny would be great, but it does make peoples joints sore, and sore joints as a pitcher = not something we want.

Deca also is a good drug for pitching, but both deca and EQ are in your system for a long time (busted on tests)

I'd advise refining your diet and training, and sleep.
    agreed. You would be surprised what you can do with the right exercise and diet!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Why would you want to juice if you are a pitcher? As soon as I started bulking up my pitching went downhill.....and fast

SCMedic is offline New Member
    I'm a former professional pitcher, and I can tell you, that gear is not the way to go. Protien, plyometrics, long toss, plyo-balls and running are your best friends.

KD623 is offline New Member
    long toss and try resistance band training and not the therabands, something like a jump stretch band or anything with a heavier tension would help a pitcher greatly, the bands are very good for ligaments and joints

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    stay away from sauce in baseball unless you really have no talent.
    As a pitcher you are going to shorten your carrer useing any of that stuff... Play long toss, do light cable and band work and work on your control and changing speeds.
    Alot of people are going to tell you alot of things. But i can tell you from experience.
    I was blowing 96 my frosh year in college. I now have trouble getting in the high 70's and even that i cant keep up for more then 5-6 batters.
    Just train hard.. do the right things.. trust me. you will get farther.

LD_18 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    stay away from sauce in baseball unless you really have no talent.
    As a pitcher you are going to shorten your carrer useing any of that stuff... Play long toss, do light cable and band work and work on your control and changing speeds.
    Alot of people are going to tell you alot of things. But i can tell you from experience.
    I was blowing 96 my frosh year in college. I now have trouble getting in the high 70's and even that i cant keep up for more then 5-6 batters.
    Just train hard.. do the right things.. trust me. you will get farther.
    bro, that statment about stayin away from sauce unless you have no talent is totally ignorant. 1st off juice isnt goin to make you all of a sudden have talent if it wasnt there to start off with. And 2nd, by takin juice and having talent is actually a pretty smart idea, not sayin that people play sports should take them or not take them. I'm simply sayin that if they have the natural talent and lack in say strength, then takin juice can help a ball hit to the warning track to clear the fence with no problem, whats wrong with that? also most pitchers take it more as a recovery aid than anything else, and if taken smart and correctly it is not bad for you in that sense either.

Thread Information