Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mcpeepants is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jollygreenGIANT
    Lets Go Heat
    is that guy in your avator from a street fight video?

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STAYHUNGRY
    Your posts suggest troubles that go a little beyond basketball but I'll just deal with the hoops part of the post for now. Wade's own teammate has more championships, a higher shooting percentage and more points, blocks and rebounds than Wade will have if he plays another 12 years. Yes, Shaq. By the way, Shaq is why Miami won. Miami had Dwayne Wade for years but couldn't even win their conference until Shaq came. The hell with Dwayne Wade, I'd rather have Dwayne from the 70's sitcom What's Happening!!!!! Did you see the handles he displayed in the shows opening?
    and i suppose Shaq won the Finals series with his high percentage shooting and high scoring...lol, come on you're missing the point here... should I rephrase this thread or something? There is something you can see in Wade that many will agree has not been seen since MJ. And when one says the greatest why would you look at statistics for answers? He is the all around guy... on and off the court... 2" shorter than MJ and shorter than the likes... like Kobe, Vince, Tmac etc etc he could rebound, block shots, penetrate, dunk like the best of them. His shot can be forshadowed to be automatic in a couple of years.. so why, again I ask is this so far fetched? Are all the analyst smoking some serious shyt... am I hallucenating when I watch him play...? ... IMO there is alot of hate going around... and in due time Wade will hush all his critics...

GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!

STAYHUNGRY is offline Associate Member

Wade

I couldn't tell you that Dwayne Wade would never be the greatest player ever, just saying he is not right now. By the way, what are all these arguments about him being "smaller" and having skills "off the court". This has usually been a heterosexual forum but I don't know why you are evaluating Wade "off the court". He's a good player and it remains to be seen if he'll be one of the greats of all time. Just mellow out. In basketball, there are phenoms that come along every few years and people say that they are the next Jordan and will be legends. There was Harold Minor who they named "baby Jordan". He won the slam dunk contest, scored like crazy and was super exciting. He then disappeared after a knee injury and personal problems. Then there was Ralph Sampson. 7'4, agile, good shot, could dribble and pass, and everyone said after his first year that he would be one of the greats of all time. He flopped. Got hurt, argued with the coach and slowly slipped out of the league. Let's not forget Ed O' Bannon. I personally watched Keith Olberman on Los Angeles Television do a report on how Ed O' Bannon was going to dominate the NBA because he was the perfect size, could shoot from the outside and play great defense. Whoops. Just relax and see where Wade ends up. These things are not predictable.

S.H.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewade
    And when one says the greatest why would you look at statistics for answers?
    How else do you tend to back up your claim of "The greatest" without some stats?

I couldn't tell you that Dwayne Wade would never be the greatest player ever, just saying he is not right now. By the way, what are all these arguments about him being "smaller" and having skills "off the court". This has usually been a heterosexual forum but I don't know why you are evaluating Wade "off the court". He's a good player and it remains to be seen if he'll be one of the greats of all time. Just mellow out. In basketball, there are phenoms that come along every few years and people say that they are the next Jordan and will be legends. There was Harold Minor who they named "baby Jordan". He won the slam dunk contest, scored like crazy and was super exciting. He then disappeared after a knee injury and personal problems. Then there was Ralph Sampson. 7'4, agile, good shot, could dribble and pass, and everyone said after his first year that he would be one of the greats of all time. He flopped. Got hurt, argued with the coach and slowly slipped out of the league. Let's not forget Ed O' Bannon. I personally watched Keith Olberman on Los Angeles Television do a report on how Ed O' Bannon was going to dominate the NBA because he was the perfect size, could shoot from the outside and play great defense. Whoops. Just relax and see where Wade ends up. These things are not predictable.

S.H.

hmmm... ok, in reference to height being mentioned I think it is an extra in defining why he is so great. He could do it all at an even smaller height than those mentioned. In reference to his off the court status, I only mention this because he is humble and a great sportsman. So as far as your homophobias go... sorry i don't play for your team
    About the other players you mentioned... none of those proved their talents in NBA final games Dwade has and performed with dominance. Time and time again he has done the "unbelievable". And I am relaxed, couldn't be anymore chill...lol It's only right thouogh to try and enlighten those that can not see the light, that can not see how special this player is... lmao it's funny because in time you will remember this thread and mark my words

Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    How else do you tend to back up your claim of "The greatest" without some stats?
    Good Q... not saying stats don't matter but rather think they are overrated. So I would think, a better way of evaluating a player would include his effect on his team and players, his performance under pressure, talent and skill, and ultimately show that you're a champ. There are many other factors, but you could somewhat sum all them up and say he excels in most.

Shaq

Dwayne Wade got to the finals because of Shaq....period. Kobe got to the finals because of Shaq...period. The lakers couldn't make it out of the first round of the playoffs and neither could the Heat until they had Shaq. Don't just look at points. Look at things like that lanky Dirk Novitsky driving to the basket and dunking on people....until he met Shaq. When he drove into the hole on Shaq he got his ass knocked into the fourth row and then was scared to even drive to the hole again...that's why Novitsky had several games of 2-20 shooting from the field. He was flat out scared to try his nonsense against the Big man. Shaq also automatically gets double teamed....so guys like Dwayne Wade end up getting the ball with no one guarding them. In fact, Shaq gets TRIPLE teamed, so Wade gets the ball for an open jumper, drive or whatever he pleases. Kobe had the same thing with Shaq. Shaq is a big Mac- Daddy that cloggs up the entire post area so little guards like Wade can go for they'res. Don't forget, even little boys like Jason Williams were going for 25 points in some of the finals games because he had wide open jumpers because of Shaq getting triple teamed. You need to learn the game of basketball son. Wade took his team to NOWHERE until Shaq came. Because Shaq gets double and triple teamed, it allowes Wade to operate and make things happen. It still all comes back to Shaq. Get off Wade's tip and respect Shaq for winning that championship like he did with the Lakers. It's not all stats.

mcpeepants is offline Senior Member
    he needs a couple more rings on fingers and then we'll see

Dwayne Wade got to the finals because of Shaq....period. Kobe got to the finals because of Shaq...period. The lakers couldn't make it out of the first round of the playoffs and neither could the Heat until they had Shaq. Don't just look at points. Look at things like that lanky Dirk Novitsky driving to the basket and dunking on people....until he met Shaq. When he drove into the hole on Shaq he got his ass knocked into the fourth row and then was scared to even drive to the hole again...that's why Novitsky had several games of 2-20 shooting from the field. He was flat out scared to try his nonsense against the Big man. Shaq also automatically gets double teamed....so guys like Dwayne Wade end up getting the ball with no one guarding them. In fact, Shaq gets TRIPLE teamed, so Wade gets the ball for an open jumper, drive or whatever he pleases. Kobe had the same thing with Shaq. Shaq is a big Mac- Daddy that cloggs up the entire post area so little guards like Wade can go for they'res. Don't forget, even little boys like Jason Williams were going for 25 points in some of the finals games because he had wide open jumpers because of Shaq getting triple teamed. You need to learn the game of basketball son. Wade took his team to NOWHERE until Shaq came. Because Shaq gets double and triple teamed, it allowes Wade to operate and make things happen. It still all comes back to Shaq. Get off Wade's tip and respect Shaq for winning that championship like he did with the Lakers. It's not all stats.

Not your "son" first of all... so

In reference to your comment... ummm, yes, it's true Shaq plays a big role... literally... I played organized ball through high school and made the all-state team for Florida, I went on to play AAA ball here in Miami, so as far as understanding the game I believe to have some experience... Shaq is a force, but please see the other side of the coin, he has many weaknesses that play out on the court also... foul trouble, free throw shooting, unable to shoot at a high percentage from 7ft+, limited mobility(age, injuries), etc... he is still the most dominant player but it's evident he is nowhere near his prime. Alonzo outperformed Shaq in the playoffs and finals in many aspects of the game. Any championship caliber team requires an above average center, so to say Shaq is the reason we won is a little premature. If you saw it that way then you could also say without Wade there is no championship. This thread was about DWades skill, ability and greatness.... if you can not see it yet, then you too are a bit ignorant. Anyways hope you enjoy the Wade show next year... it'll be coming to a town near you...

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Nobody could make everybody better like Jordan........and oh my God......when he was in his prime.......none better.......offense.......defense
    the whole package.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Nobody could make everybody better like Jordan........and oh my God......when he was in his prime.......none better.......offense.......defense
    the whole package.
    Larry Bird? Magic Johnson? Dr. J? Bill Russell? I could go on and on with names of players who made a TEAM better. But they all had a partner that helped them.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    Larry Bird? Magic Johnson? Dr. J? Bill Russell? I could go on and on with names of players who made a TEAM better. But they all had a partner that helped them.
    True........but MJ was way fun to watch.......especially when he was young
    and take it to the hoop

Some pretty good arguments

Kudos at least to everybody that this didn't become a flame war...everybody pretty much stayed on hoops. I also played high school and college ball in California, all my high school teammates went DIV 1 college, 2 are in the NBA. I played for Crossroads High School in Santa Monica,Ca. I'm dropping the name so you could find me and the two in the NBA right now(well known players). I wasn't NBA material but solid D1 college and was coached well. As far as this argument, I've never heard a coach say that a player was "great" because of scoring, rebounding or assists. I've always heard...in order.....1.Defense. Even Jordan said his greatest accomplishment was always being on the NBA first defensive team. 2. Makes teammates better. Could anyone really touch Larry Bird on that? I mean in the 80's the Laker's had 4 of their five starters in the 50 greatest of all time!!!! and the Celtics beat them with guys like Danny Ainge and Jerry Sichting! Same with Indiana State. Bird made very average players rise above what they were used to. 3.Finally, and most importantly...they WON CHAMPIONSHIPS. No player has EVER been considered great that didn't win! And so Wade has skills, is good, but not close to the best ever. And DW, I didn't see calling you son, if I did....my bad.

Kudos at least to everybody that this didn't become a flame war...everybody pretty much stayed on hoops. I also played high school and college ball in California, all my high school teammates went DIV 1 college, 2 are in the NBA. I played for Crossroads High School in Santa Monica,Ca. I'm dropping the name so you could find me and the two in the NBA right now(well known players). I wasn't NBA material but solid D1 college and was coached well. As far as this argument, I've never heard a coach say that a player was "great" because of scoring, rebounding or assists. I've always heard...in order.....1.Defense. Even Jordan said his greatest accomplishment was always being on the NBA first defensive team. 2. Makes teammates better. Could anyone really touch Larry Bird on that? I mean in the 80's the Laker's had 4 of their five starters in the 50 greatest of all time!!!! and the Celtics beat them with guys like Danny Ainge and Jerry Sichting! Same with Indiana State. Bird made very average players rise above what they were used to. 3.Finally, and most importantly...they WON CHAMPIONSHIPS. No player has EVER been considered great that didn't win! And so Wade has skills, is good, but not close to the best ever. And DW, I didn't see calling you son, if I did....my bad.
    it's all good... just men talking sports.... man but did you see that fat contract Dwade got? He has all the pressure in the world now... I really don't think he'll flop... but time will tell... GO HEAT!>>> GO DOLFINS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information