skiboy is offline Associate Member

400 meter guy in need of a cycle

whats up guys? i run the 400, and was wondering of what a decent cycle would be, i do not want to gain weight, i want to be leaner and have better endurance, also it would be a huge plus if the half life of the cycle was short, there is testing going on. I have been on a cycle before, i'm 5'10'' 190, so i am already a larger 400 guy, my bench is 315 and squat 400, i feel i need to enhance muscular endurance for my times to go down. Give me a PM or post if anyone has any ideas.

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skiboy
    whats up guys? i run the 400, and was wondering of what a decent cycle would be, i do not want to gain weight, i want to be leaner and have better endurance, also it would be a huge plus if the half life of the cycle was short, there is testing going on. I have been on a cycle before, i'm 5'10'' 190, so i am already a larger 400 guy, my bench is 315 and squat 400, i feel i need to enhance muscular endurance for my times to go down. Give me a PM or post if anyone has any ideas.

what kind of training ur doing??? thats more important for you..

rockcrawler3 is offline New Member
    What kind of times are you putting out. I was also a 400 runner. During track season I didnt lift heavy stuff light with tons of reps. I would also in training warm up with 800. I would then run a lot of 600's the 500's then 400's. I would end most workouts with running sprints this will help your final kick.

400meter guy needing a cycle....surely you have to run this 400m not ride it??lol

For training we do weight lifting 4 days/week, lots of olympic and leg lifts, olympic lifts all under 6-5 reps 3-4 sets the others go from high reps to low reps depending on when we need to peak. Running wise we do a lot of interval work probably 2 days per week, stairs one time per week and usually another speed or cardio day, plus block work before our actual conditioning workout. My times have been at 49-50 sec for the last four years its been depressing, i used to run the 800 like 6 years ago i was a sub-2 minute guy, my 200m is 22.7, my forty is 4.55, for training to the 400 one has to run under the 400m mark and do multiple all out training like 6 all out 300's with full recover i def. know how to train, i just want a cycle to supplement into my workout regimen......
    thx

ASTrackster is offline New Member
    You sound like you have a build for the 100-200. If you want to shead some time you will probably have to shead some weight. Your lifting marks sound plenty strong to be running the sprints. How are you holding up as far as pains and strains, I would think being that heavy and doing the training you are your knees and shins would be a wreck. If you could lose 15 lbs I think you would be amazed at the times you could run.

100m champ is offline Member
    ya 190 for a 5'10 190 for a 400m meter runner is quiet large, try loosing weight and you should drop some time on your 400 no problem. i would say maybe some clen

Shaka is offline Junior Member
    For training we do weight lifting 4 days/week, lots of olympic and leg lifts, olympic lifts all under 6-5 reps 3-4 sets the others go from high reps to low reps depending on when we need to peak. Running wise we do a lot of interval work probably 2 days per week, stairs one time per week and usually another speed or cardio day, plus block work before our actual conditioning workout. My times have been at 49-50 sec for the last four years its been depressing, i used to run the 800 like 6 years ago i was a sub-2 minute guy, my 200m is 22.7, my forty is 4.55, for training to the 400 one has to run under the 400m mark and do multiple all out training like 6 all out 300's with full recover i def. know how to train, i just want a cycle to supplement into my workout regimen......
    thx

You seem to train more like an Olympic lifter than a track athlete. It should be the other way around - 4 to 6 days running with 2 to 3 days lifting. Your strength levels are MORE than adequate for a 400m sprinter! Do you really need a cycle just to help you get under 49-50sec?

Just don't get lost in the gym. Cats like Lee Evans was running 43.8* in 1968 with little to no weights. Just keep it in perspective bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka
    You seem to train more like an Olympic lifter than a track athlete. It should be the other way around - 4 to 6 days running with 2 to 3 days lifting. Your strength levels are MORE than adequate for a 400m sprinter! Do you really need a cycle just to help you get under 49-50sec?

Just don't get lost in the gym. Cats like Lee Evans was running 43.8* in 1968 with little to no weights. Just keep it in perspective bro!

ya a 400m runner shouldnt really be killing his self in da gym, all the top 400m guys are lean low body fat type guys.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    i was a 400 runner, 6'1" 165lbs at the time...I wouldnt do a cycle, but up to you. i didnt lift any weights at the time and i was pretty good, runnin 48's-49's. run run run...thats what i would recommend.

400mtrackstar is offline Junior Member
    Your much to heavy and your bmi is way to high to be thinking about juiceing to help you get faster. If you can knock off 20lbs mostly off your upper body that will help you get faster than juiceing and gaining weight. Keep in mind teh fastest person in the world right now is 3" taller than you and 155.

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    no cycle..more running..u have ur recoveries messed up a bit too...im a 100/200 sprinter and we run 5 days a week, lift 4 days a week. an example of a running work out now would be a 200 all out at atleast 24 sec pace, 5 min rest. a 400 all out at atleast 52 sec pace, 15 min, then another 200...after track work onto the weight room..would do upper body after such a hard running workout. r u running in HS i assume?

Mealticket is offline Senior Member

testing when?

nope, i'm not in HS, i run at the college level, and one of the top 400 guys in the midwest, our coach has us lift in the morning, and other sprint/long sprint workouts are in the afternoon, lift 4 days, run 5. Mealticket I PM'd ya

Cdub is offline Associate Member
    if you want a cycle i would do tbol, with a eca stack. Energy, plus you will be lean and have good recovery.

agreed i would go with the t-bol or the var.. In your case i would say var.. which is really good for pure strength and recovery

i would take 15-20 mg of t-bol every day broken up into two or three separte times, but how much var? or eca?

for var 30-40mg

Cdub is offline Associate Member
    atleast 30 of tbol eca or just get some lipo6 and ephedra hcl 3 times a day.

whats the half-life of tbol/var? how long does tbol stay in the system because we get tested? thx
    Last edited by skiboy; 11-10-2005 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 100m champ
    for var 30-40mg
    lol.. thats funny u r trying to kill the man 30-40mg of var goodluck you will be cramping ur ass up.. ur workouts would not be good at all athletes need to stay no more then 20mg ed..

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    lol.. thats funny u r trying to kill the man 30-40mg of var goodluck you will be cramping ur ass up.. ur workouts would not be good at all athletes need to stay no more then 20mg ed..

why would you say that.. 30 40mg of var.. and 30mg of t-bol..

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    var doesnt cramp you up.!!!!

And i know athlets...sprinters specifically that take 1-2mg per kilo body weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mealticket
    var doesnt cramp you up.!!!!

And i know athlets...sprinters specifically that take 1-2mg per kilo body weight.

agreed.. 30-40 wont at all cramp you.. in my mind 20mg of var is too little.. 20am 20pm.. something like 60-80 would be too much for a sprinter

guys how long does var and tbol, stay in the system and is able to be detected on steriod tests?

both var and ot.. is in the system for 28 days

Quote Originally Posted by 100m champ
    agreed.. 30-40 wont at all cramp you.. in my mind 20mg of var is too little.. 20am 20pm.. something like 60-80 would be too much for a sprinter

ok, if you say so... goodluck. i have gotten excellent gains with as lil as 10mg so did ben johnson..

Thread Information