Thread: dress code

1819 is offline Senior Member

dress code

any comments for or against the nba's new dress code?

ThePump is offline Member
    you have 666 as yourp ost ammounts... scaryyyy

nah... i don't think it's that bad of an idea just because for the gansters who play... they might getsome disipline again. rather then thinking that there completely over the law and there coaches. i mean we did that in basketball in high schooll and never had a problem with it. it's a matter of respect.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I just think it's total bs I work construction everyday and can wear whatever the phuck I want now what kids we'll be killing people for suits so they can look like there fav NBA player the fans could afford to buy some throw back jerseys and fitted hats so wtf but just my opinion.

gangsta is a gangsta if shooting at you in a suit or a doo rag who gives a Phuck still a gangsta.

ThePump is offline Member
    yeah but some of these guys have neverhad to deal with any diciplinein there lives... it might be too little too late. but who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePump
    yeah but some of these guys have neverhad to deal with any diciplinein there lives... it might be too little too late. but who knows...
    Discipline is okay you get caught doing something you pay for it but I just don't think the dress code does anything but make the people behind the scenes that have to dress like that happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePump
    i dont think its so much dicipline as it is, like you said, respect. nba players are claiming they are being punished or their individuality is being taken away. hello. basketball is a team sport. it is about time they cracked down on the look at me attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    i dont think its so much dicipline as it is, like you said, respect. nba players are claiming they are being punished or their individuality is being taken away. hello. basketball is a team sport. it is about time they cracked down on the look at me attitude.
    what about football players and other sports. why just all of a sudden basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    Discipline is okay you get caught doing something you pay for it but I just don't think the dress code does anything but make the people behind the scenes that have to dress like that happy.
    they are supposed to be happy. they write the checks. many people i know, who work in the corperate world, have to dress for work. they can do the same job in their shorts and flip flops, but thats not the way it works.

they are supposed to be happy. they write the checks. many people i know, who work in the corperate world, have to dress for work. they can do the same job in their shorts and flip flops, but thats not the way it works.
    No it's suppose to be about the fans so who cares how a grown ass man dresses.

what about football players and other sports. why just all of a sudden basketball.
    i was a pro athlete and i always had to wear a jacket on the road or on the plane. as far as i knew basketball was the only sport that didnt comply.

No it's suppose to be about the fans so who cares how a grown ass man dresses.
    good point but the reality is its never about the fans. go down to washington hights or harlem in new york and ask how many of those teenagers ever get to go sit courtside at a knicks game.

Football players in press conferences after the game come on there's other sports to but it really won't effect me in anyway just my opinion.

Just curious what sport did you play?

Just curious what sport did you play?
    hockey. post game or practice interviews excluded of course. i mean, yea there is a time for being comforatable, but you can be comforatable and neat at the same time. chains hangin and hat sideways and underwear showin is cool with me. just not acceptable at all times. i wouldnt go to my friends wedding in shorts. time and a place is all. a little respect.

hockey. post game or practice interviews excluded of course. i mean, yea there is a time for being comforatable, but you can be comforatable and neat at the same time. chains hangin and hat sideways and underwear showin is cool with me. just not acceptable at all times. i wouldnt go to my friends wedding in shorts. time and a place is all. a little respect.
    I agree with you time and place for everything but I still feel they should were whatever they want but oh well I'm not going to be in the NBA anytime soon.

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    yes NBA players should have to look respectable going to and from the arena. the league does have an image problem and IMO this is a good idea.

100m champ is offline Member
    ITS A JOKE

cb25 is offline Banned
    i don't really care...but overall, maybe not such a bad idea.

think back...the best players, the most respectable ones have always done this anyways. Michael Jordan comes to mind. Shaq was always dressed when he was hurt -- hell he was one of the sharpest dressed always.

i see no problem with it...but whether it's enforced or not, is no sweat off my sack.

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    i don't really care...but overall, maybe not such a bad idea.

think back...the best players, the most respectable ones have always done this anyways. Michael Jordan comes to mind. Shaq was always dressed when he was hurt -- hell he was one of the sharpest dressed always.

i see no problem with it...but whether it's enforced or not, is no sweat off my sack.
    Shaq dress nice always but still were's casual stuff sometimes that will not be aloud now and Michael Jordan was my favorite and yeah always dressed to perfection.

Thread Information