Thread: indoor season

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member

indoor season

i was wondering if someone was following a short to long approach where doing the fall they really focus on accle devlopment until they fill comfortable then move on to top speed then outdoor focus on speed endurance.. i was wondering could that person run a good 200m indoor since they are not doing speed endurance.

For me it makes very little sense to "lock in” speed endurance of lesser speed. start the outdoor phase with 3-6 weeks of speed endurance work, such as 10x60m, and 80-150m repeats. This way, once you start running, outdoors, you are running at a higher pace speed endurance, instead of trying to build TS and speed endurance at the same time

come on people stop looking and give me some answers..

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    You should start with a GPP phase so you can have a good work capacity for the rest of the year. Then you should work on speed stuff (max velocity, acceleration) and add endurance (speed endurance, special endurance) at the end. No point in doing speed endurance if you are slow.

Quote Originally Posted by SprinterOne
    You should start with a GPP phase so you can have a good work capacity for the rest of the year. Then you should work on speed stuff (max velocity, acceleration) and add endurance (speed endurance, special endurance) at the end. No point in doing speed endurance if you are slow.

u r saying the samething i said in the above post.. my question was by following this format would he have the speed endurance to run a good 200m indoor since he wont be doing any speed endurance until outdoor season..

probably not, but his max speed should be higher so it should be OK. But really, I think he may want to focus on shorter races for the indoor season. Do the 200s when the outdoor season comes along.

probably not, but his max speed should be higher so it should be OK. But really, I think he may want to focus on shorter races for the indoor season. Do the 200s when the outdoor season comes along.

damn man we think a like, thats what i was thinking also doing the indoor 60m then come outdoor 100/200m.. what was were reason behind this just curious???

I would have him do 60/100 indoor, then 100/200 outdoor. My reason behind it was since he will be working more on speed and acceleration he should be running those kind of races. Not to mention, if he is running 200s and getting passed at the end that isn't a good motivator. But if he is able to run some fast 60s and 100s, that will get him motivated for the 200 work ahead.

I would have him do 60/100 indoor, then 100/200 outdoor. My reason behind it was since he will be working more on speed and acceleration he should be running those kind of races. Not to mention, if he is running 200s and getting passed at the end that isn't a good motivator. But if he is able to run some fast 60s and 100s, that will get him motivated for the 200 work ahead.
    we dont havve the 100 indoors

OK, then just do the 60 for the same reasons stated above.

Thread Information