fatback25 is offline Associate Member

need some good football workout examples

Hey whats up. I'm going to school next semester as a part timer which means I can't work out with the team. MY coaches have given me a workout for the offseason but in all honesty I think it blows. Not enough explosive training and too bodybuilder oriented.We don't have a true strength & Cond coach so I guess it really is not their fault. Could any one give me a good plan for this offseason that includes lifting & running. Any ex d1 guys have any of there old workout books? I have mine from Kentucky when I signed with them but I would like something new. thanks bro's.

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    http://hurricanesports.collegesports...-training.html

this is what miami did back in the back when tommy was there s&c, i done this program many times with great success.. the running was mon: acc development, thur: max speed work with tue and thur been agility or conditioning.. like i said earlier these programs train leg and hips everyday USC,TENN, LSU AND MIAMI I KNOW FOR SURE AND MANY OTHERS..
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 12-04-2005 at 09:41 PM.

fatback25 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah that w/o looks alot like what Coach Marc Hill had us doing at uk. Although we did not hit legs everyworkout but damn near everyday at three days a week. Would you emphazise bar speed or strength on the lower reps or mix it up?

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatback25
    Yeah that w/o looks alot like what Coach Marc Hill had us doing at uk. Although we did not hit legs everyworkout but damn near everyday at three days a week. Would you emphazise bar speed or strength on the lower reps or mix it up?
    always bar speed
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 12-05-2005 at 01:03 PM.

Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    i think you should give a look at the west coast barbell method of training. it has a lot of speed movements,
    speed bench, and speed squats.
    its a great workout, and my college team has used it for the past 2 years now with some very significant overall gains, if you want an example of the workout, just pm me

roger24 is offline Banned
    wind sprints

VitaminT2 is offline Associate Member
    legs everyday...how do you recover?

Thread Information