Evil Predator is offline Senior Member

Hockey Players? How do you train?

how many of you here?

Got on the ice for the first time in 4 years, since my university days. Wow. Rough. I never thought i'd find it hard to play hockey

I still got the skills, just missing the speed and cardiovascular endurance.. Couple of weeks, ill be good as new.

How do the rest of you hockey players train? Until I was 20, I was probably on the ice 300 days a year, a little weights here and there, and I was good to go. Now that its not my life, I have no idea how to train for it.

Goddamn I missed the ice.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Predator
    how many of you here?

Got on the ice for the first time in 4 years, since my university days. Wow. Rough. I never thought i'd find it hard to play hockey

I still got the skills, just missing the speed and cardiovascular endurance.. Couple of weeks, ill be good as new.

How do the rest of you hockey players train? Until I was 20, I was probably on the ice 300 days a year, a little weights here and there, and I was good to go. Now that its not my life, I have no idea how to train for it.

Goddamn I missed the ice.
    unfortunatly ice time is now, and always will be, the key. there is no replacement for being on the ice 4 or 5 hours a day. to this day i still make sure i get at least an hour a day and, at 38, its nowhere near enough. its fine for skating in a bar league or what not but the only way to keep the skills sharp is to be out there. i skated with alot of guys during the lockout and man i am nowhere near nhl shape anymore. the mind still says yes but the body does not always agree. i feel for ya.

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    I ****ed up my own hockey career. I was just asked to play some senior hockey this year, and took the offer.

Im still confident i'll be in the top 4 defenseman in the league, i just cant take a 3 minute shift and 26-27 minutes a game anymore...

Thread Information