HUGE GUY is offline New Member

Looking for some suggestions

I just finished my redshirt freshman season at a conference champion D-1AA school as an o-lineman. I recently had my scholarship taken away/kicked off the team for reasons beyond my control and I'm really confused about what I'm going to do next and I'd like your opinions and thoughts.

For some background info, I was offered numerous scholarships last year after only playing one year of high school football after a combine where I weighed 301lbs, ran an electronic 4.97, VJ 26", and benched 225 18x at 17 years old. I was redshirtted because I'm obviously very raw and I came into camp at a somewhat out-of-shape 317lbs. By the end of the season I was about 290, in very good shape, and basically throwing people around in drills during practice. Well anyway, I am currently ~280lbs and relatively lean (top 4 abs visible) and I really feel I have the potential to play at a very high level...to tell you the truth I want to play in the NFL (dosen't everybody? ). I know I need to start bulking up again (slowly and as leanly as possible obviously), but I'm don't really know what to do as far as football goes...I needed the scholarship to go to college as I don't have the money to walk-on anywhere, and I'm not sure about working+school+football...I don't really think that would work out...basically I'm lost about what to do next...

LB 35 is offline Associate Member
    That sucks bro, you should check to see if any JUCO's in your area have football and go talk to that coach, most likely they will give you money and if not a JUCO isnt very expensive anyways

truck is offline New Member
    yes If you can't find a DI or DIAA school to take you I'd go to a Juco in cali. Thats what I would have done if I had to to it all over. I'm stuck in DII and its my last year.

I would try to sell you to my school but we aint got any money sons of bitches. But we'll be out in force anyway with our 6 in state scholarships kicking ass. If you guess here about Cal poly getting upset by a small school next year you heard it here first.

DBflash21 is offline Member
    Deffinately try to get on with a good JC, one that get's their players out.

Truck, are you joking? Cal Poly is now a legit 1-AA program, I guess you didn't watch the playoffs, and seen their record the past couple years. What school are you at?

I'm not joking at all. Not saying where I'm from when it happens I'll let you all know.

DBflash21 is offline Member
    Would you like to place a "friendly bet" on the game?

Thread Information