Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Monster87 is offline Member
    who?

kblunt is offline New Member
    JORDAN is and always will be KING... Kobe is still better then lebron i mean sure lebron can score but were are the rings?? you cant even start to compare him to kobe yet alone jordan until he wins a lot more championships

bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    Lebron still has to win a few titles before i can even compare him to guys like Magic, Bird, Russell and Duncan. Lebron will have to do a lot before MJ comparison

firsttimer555 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    to be called better than Jordan he has to stay in the game as long as Jordan and still be as good as he is now.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Kobe will surpass Jordan

makelovenotwar21 is offline Associate Member
    why lebron? Kobe is the best right now.

baynethebluepit is offline Junior Member
    This is a good thread. And the answer is easy, lebron is more physically gifted by a little. He is in his seventh year and mike won his first in his seventh. It's all gonna boil down to the rings period, amen end of discussion, rings. And he has a good chance, time will tell. Jordan will always be looked at as the best ever by most.

baynethebluepit is offline Junior Member
    Tp bad no more posts Jordan is the best ever, at least to watch which is all that matters, unless your a stat guy.

Tyler694 is offline Associate Member
    Rings are about the TEAM though.. Not just a single player..

A GREAT player can only be so good on a sh1tty team, hypothetically speaking..

gearusingcitizen is offline New Member
    too early to tell!

pskyle is offline Junior Member
    Jordan was known for "revolutionizing" the NBA and being an amazing ball player; a bit difficult to compare to LeBron. Different times, almost a different game too. We will see what LeBron does besides dominating the statistics board in due time...and as of now he still has to single-handedly get a championship which is a difficult feat and should be anytime soon.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    There will only ever be 1 Jordan and Lebron is not it. Jordon never would have had some ESPN special glorifying his desision to be on a team. And he certainly would not have orchestrated a super team like Lebron did either. Lebron has no class and in my opinion is a scosiopath with a ton of basketball talent.

weknowbobbito is offline Junior Member
    lebron has already ruined his legacy

raspberry is offline Junior Member
    Lebron will never be as good as Jordan, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    Lebron will never be as good as Jordan, plain and simple.
    Thank you.

raspberry is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    Thank you.
    I hate all the bandwagoners hopping on Lebron thinking he is something special. No doubt he has talent and that he is still very young but just imagine Jordan playing in his prime RIGHT NOW with how the rules have changed when he played in his day. Jordan would have easily had 50% higher stats with todays rules.

weknowbobbito is offline Junior Member
    this should not even be a discussion

scrunnyronnie is offline New Member
    Fat chance, the reason being that Lebron doesn't that killer instinct Jordan did.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Jordan is just so lucky that in his time, you can count excellent players. Today is a different level of talent like lebron, kobe, and wade to name a few!

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    Kobe will surpass Jordan
    agreed! if he could get 2 more championship rings!

No way, Kobe was the second best player on 3 of his titles. Yes he is all time great, but not better than Jordan, Russell, Magic or Bird. IMO

Kobe does play at a whole new level then anyone else today, but thier is a reason no one else won any championships during Jordan's era. He was and still is the greatest.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    Jordan is just so lucky that in his time, you can count excellent players. Today is a different level of talent like lebron, kobe, and wade to name a few!
    Are you serious? Did you even watch the NBA in Jordan's time? Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Magic, Bird, Patrick Ewing, Gary Peyton, Alonzo Mourning, a young Shaq, a young AI, Hakeen Olajuwon, Clyde Drexler...shall I go on?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    his teammate wade is better, kobe is better, jordan was better.......

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    his teammate wade is better, kobe is better, jordan was better.......
    I don't think Wade is better, and physically Kobe isn't better. Kobe is the best player in the game right now because of his killer instinct which is similar to Jordan's. Wade doesn't play defense and doesn't have the physical skills or court vision of Lebron. The problem with Lebron is no one knows what he is...yet. He has tools that no one has seen. He's physically bigger, stronger, faster, than anyone who has played his position, he has the ball handling skills of a Magic Johnson, and explosiveness of a Jordan, and the body of Karl Malone. He doesn't even know what he is yet. But if he continues down the road of evolution as a player, he will be among the best.

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    I don't think Wade is better, and physically Kobe isn't better. Kobe is the best player in the game right now because of his killer instinct which is similar to Jordan's. Wade doesn't play defense and doesn't have the physical skills or court vision of Lebron. The problem with Lebron is no one knows what he is...yet. He has tools that no one has seen. He's physically bigger, stronger, faster, than anyone who has played his position, he has the ball handling skills of a Magic Johnson, and explosiveness of a Jordan, and the body of Karl Malone. He doesn't even know what he is yet. But if he continues down the road of evolution as a player, he will be among the best.
    i think he is among the best already...that i'll concede but from what i've seen i think wade is better....
    i'm hoping the game against the spurs was a bad game by the spurs but i think it was a little of both (spurs playin down and heat getting better) gonna be a fun playoffs..

...rose is better, pierce is better, rondo is better.....

hoyle21 is offline Junior Member
    Hard to compare because the game changes, but Jordan had to play in an NBA where teams were allowed to play defense. Being from Michigan, I can tell you that those 89-90-91 Pistons teams would flat our foul to hurt you, and Jordan was still the man.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyle21 View Post
    Hard to compare because the game changes, but Jordan had to play in an NBA where teams were allowed to play defense. Being from Michigan, I can tell you that those 89-90-91 Pistons teams would flat our foul to hurt you, and Jordan was still the man.
    i agree THAT how the game(s)/league(s) change IN ALL sports CHANGES history(at least records/feats) since we like to compare and keep records
    Last edited by zaggahamma; 04-06-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: g

cyounger100 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    there is no one as of now that will compare too jordan kobe is getting there but still well behind

interesting tidbit....looking at all time scoring leaders i see in the first page (list of 30 all time) and see paul pierce, kevin garnett, ray allen, and shaquille oneil...
    only players name on that page in the playoffs other than thes beantowners is ugly tim duncan

wilt chamberlain had a lot of rebounds AND points....couldnt find jordan in those but did on steals (2nd all time)...wilt wasnt on the first page of amount of championships...that one went to bill russell but kobe lurking in that one...maybe i just mentioned 4 out of the top 5?

snowbo is offline New Member
    I think its very difficult to just come out and state that one is better then the other. first off lebron and jordan have completely different body types lebron is a 6ft 9, beast small forward. jordan was a 6ft 6 guard.
    they both come from different eras of basketball, played with different teamates and levels of talent. they both have made a dominant impact on the game of basketball and are both incredible players.
    its to hard to judge how jordan wouldve played in todays league and how lebron would play in jordans time.
    just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by snowbo View Post
    I think its very difficult to just come out and state that one is better then the other. first off lebron and jordan have completely different body types lebron is a 6ft 9, beast small forward. jordan was a 6ft 6 guard.
    they both come from different eras of basketball, played with different teamates and levels of talent. they both have made a dominant impact on the game of basketball and are both incredible players.
    its to hard to judge how jordan wouldve played in todays league and how lebron would play in jordans time.
    just a thought
    very good thought at that... and i agree...i dont however agree that the body type makes a shiat of difference....other than if your dwight howard you can get beat down with a stick and not get called for a foul but heaven forbid you block a shot and touch someones pinky

Quote Originally Posted by kerri12 View Post
    this is hard to tell who is better of all time,But i still think the Jordon have the points to be the best

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    LBJ is a joke.. Tremendous natural talent, no heart, no dedication, no respect, no discipline
    Jordan is an icon

Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    LBJ is a joke.. Tremendous natural talent, no heart, no dedication, no respect, no discipline
    Jordan is an icon
    really a good way to put it

ab037 is offline Associate Member
    It really is a silly question, JORDAN and its not even close.. how many guys missed their chance at a title because JORDAN was forcing his will on basketball.. too many to count.. barkley,ewing, malone etc the list goes on and on.. these guys were all hall of fame players. some of the best at their positions in history, all shut down because MJ.. nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by ab037 View Post
    It really is a silly question, JORDAN and its not even close.. how many guys missed their chance at a title because JORDAN was forcing his will on basketball.. too many to count.. barkley,ewing, malone etc the list goes on and on.. these guys were all hall of fame players. some of the best at their positions in history, all shut down because MJ.. nuff said
    also interesting

Lebron hasn't even cracked the top 25 players of all time.

stang is offline Associate Member
    Still think so? He is a choker Jordan was a champ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information