hotrod1 is offline Associate Member

what kind of cardio???

Wuz up guys! Well im new here and have to say that this site rocks!
    I have a question about my cardio cuz i have a show coming up in 13 weeks and i wanna know whats the best cardio to do without losing to much size in the legs and sweeps.....i know theres some types of cardio that are better when preparing for a show .....but which ones??

thanx

come on guys i need some feedback

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I personally employ 40-45 mins at 65-75% of MHR. I use a recumbent bike so as to use as little glycogen from the legs as possible. Stairmasters, treadmills w/inclines, etc., seem to be a bit too extreme for me.

Eliptical or "Precur" machines have the least impact, and you do most of the motion from your hips. This can save leg size as well.

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I personally employ 40-45 mins at 65-75% of MHR. I use a recumbent bike so as to use as little glycogen from the legs as possible. Stairmasters, treadmills w/inclines, etc., seem to be a bit too extreme for me.

Eliptical or "Precur" machines have the least impact, and you do most of the motion from your hips. This can save leg size as well.

~SC~

Maybe this is why my **** legs won't grow Might have to ditch the treadmill afterall

<<LMO>>

thanx swolecat........for my first show i did alot of the stairmaster and saw that i lost lots of size in my calves especially....ill try maybe riding a bike outdoors for about an hour or so see how that go's if not ill try the precor mch. Thanx alot again!

hotrod1

Thread Information