Sal Paradise is offline Junior Member

Intramuscular Fat?

I just had my bodyfat checked and my nutritionist can't get a read on my thigh. Had the same problem last year, (didn't do the show so it didn't matter much). She is worried that there may be alot of intramuscular fat "marbling". Is there anyone who has suggestions on how to reduce this paricular problem. The diet is pretty straight foward, cut sugars, trim back the carbs a bit, keep protien high, etc.
    FYI The show is in May--about 20 weeks.
    Currently 5'11"- 248lbs, don't know bf%.
    If I didn't give enough info just ask.
    Thanks for any help.

Sal

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Don,t really know bro but if you train most people don,t have a lot of fat on their thighs basically because it is a huge muscle and it is always worked.Same as forearms and hands never really see people with fat forearms do you?

Men do store fat differently to women and some can be intramuscular fat but this is very limited.

ptbyjason Guest
    I would suggest finding someone else to do the bodyfat measurement. Not trying to put her down, but maybe she either doesn't know how to do it correctly, or doesn't have the strength to pull the bodyfat away from the muscle. I really doubt that what she told you was correct.

If all else fails you could find a local college and see if they have someone who could hydrostatically weigh you. That is another option.

Thanks fellas, I have been thinking about the water test. I heard it was inaccurate below 10% (for bodybuilders) but I don't think I'm that low just yet. I have been putting more faith in the mirror than anything else lately.

I go tommorow to try again who knows maybe it will work if not I think it will be time to explore other avenues.

Thanks,
    Sal

Got a read!!

Finally got a good read today!
    She did a 9 pt test & a 3 pt test, both were just about 13.5.
    This puts me just about right for the show, 15 weeks out.
    Drop in weight minimal but the skinfolds keep going down, along with the spare tire.

Thanks for the input guys.
    Sal

Lmg2701 is offline Junior Member
    Good luck bro.

Thread Information