Thread: gaining weight

ToTheMAX04 is offline Banned

gaining weight

i am 17
    5'9 186
    bench 300
    squat 400
    I am just kind of curious how long it has taken you guys to get up past 250 body weight

MY form is strict and i eat like a **** fricken animal.
    i keep getting stronger and stronger, but the body weight is not really coming along. I want to wait till my early 20's until i start doing hardcore drugs and cross over to the dark side

eggplant is offline Member
    ur only 17...so u got lotsa time..be patient bro..the gains will come..don't just focus on weight..instead..focus on how ur body is mesomorphing..u dun need to be heavy in order to get big...if ur 200 pounds..but u look like ur 250 pounds...does dat sound good to u? meanwhile..keep up the good work ..and keep pumping..

decadbal is offline Banned
    well, a 200lber wont look 250, bc im semi low BF, and i am 255-265, and anyone 200doenst look like me, but with proper diet and bustin ass, and some good supps, you can get there in 4 years....i did

TheOak182 is offline Associate Member
    You definitely have all the time in the world to get bigger naturally and at least your smart enough to know not to think about AAS at your age. My question is, why do you want to get to 250 lbs??? You're only 5'9, you would be a monster at 200 lbs!!!

decadbal is offline Banned
    no flame to the oak, bro if u wanna be 250, then get on it and dont let ppl talk youi out of it, everyone told me i was gettin to big, and still do, and im 5 9, so just lift bro, and eat, and keep it up, dont stop, thats the prob with most. they give up to easy

eggplant is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    well, a 200lber wont look 250, bc im semi low BF, and i am 255-265, and anyone 200doenst look like me, but with proper diet and bustin ass, and some good supps, you can get there in 4 years....i did
    that's just an example..what i'm trying to put across is,one do not need to base on weight in order to know if he is progressing..sorry if i pur acoss the wrong idea bruh

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    im 5"11 175. it took a while for me to get here. i used to weigh 145. i guess i owe it to my eating, EATING. since you are only 17 you have plenty of room for improvement. youl be 200lb in no time. after that its all elementary.

2morereps is offline New Member
    eat and deadlift then eat somemore and deadlift,are you getting all of this. almost forget sleep.

naturalselection is offline Junior Member

everything takes time, don't be in a hurry

personally, my body weight has shifted the past few years, mostly due to cycling and lack thereof (pct). i have gone from 220 at 5'10" to 170 and back to a leaned out, muscular 182 (current). my goal though is to be at say, 280 in about 5 years. i want to gain a consistent 20lbs of muscle every year for 5 years. i know, from my past and my body that this is impossible w/out gaining fat as well. this is just part of it. i have upped my caloric intake to about 4000 a day, and this is while not cycling. i have been off for 5 months now and plan to get back on this summer. you just have to realize that this stuff takes time, especially if you want to do it right and most importantly, keep the weight on. you have plenty of time bro, i'm only 20 and too am considered young in the "realm" of bodybuilding, so take it easy, and remember this, because most of the pros are well into their 30s. peace

Thread Information