Thread: water question?

eggplant is offline Member

water question?

i've done the cut water 18hrs prior to prejudge thingy..but the difference on the next day was not a lot..i was not using any means of pharm diuretics..just dandelion root, vitamin b6 and vitamin c..so my question is..if one is to drop water without the use of pharm diuretics..how long before the show should he ditch the h20?

Sadasius is offline New Member
    Use epson salts in a bath to draw the water from the skin area. But don't stay in too long or you will dehydrate. I don't like diuretics myself. I think 18 hrs is too much. I would go 12 hrs with a 15 min epson salt bath before bed the night before. It will also tighten up the skin and make it look like cellophane. Good luck!!

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    i've done the cut water 18hrs prior to prejudge thingy..but the difference on the next day was not a lot..i was not using any means of pharm diuretics..just dandelion root, vitamin b6 and vitamin c..so my question is..if one is to drop water without the use of pharm diuretics..how long before the show should he ditch the h20?
    does vitamin b6 and vitamin C help you loose water? i'm asking because i have just started a test/dbol cycle and dont have any nolva or anything like that with me and am worried about water retention. i am only in my first week (and its my first my cycle) and am currently taking 1g of vit c and 200mg vit B6 a day

could i benefit from upping the dose of these vits?
    is there anything else i can do without the use of nolva etc?

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i would worry more about growing a set of tits then i would water retention....anti-e's are a must and should be on hand before starting a cycle.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    i would worry more about growing a set of tits then i would water retention....anti-e's are a must and should be on hand before starting a cycle.
    tel me about it.. i am worried, i have tons of the stuff at home, but have just gone on a 6week trip with work and forgot to pack it. i was too busy trying to cram kilos of protein supplements into my bag and completely forgot about the nolva

i will be able to start it on week 6, hopefully i will be ok up until then

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member

Post My OP

Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    Hope this Helps:

Today i am 5 days out from nationals.I have a ****load of water retention.My usual course of action(and subsequently what i've started doing) is as follows:

Today Contest-5days:
    Increase water intake
    Increase sodium above usual amount
    Pose hard

4days out:
    Maintain high water intake
    And high sodium
    Pose hard

3 days out:
    taper water intake to 2 litres (low-sodium/sodium free water)
    Cut sodium completely
    Supplement with potassium(1 tab=99mg) and vitamin C(1gram) at 3 meals
    Start using herbal diuretic*
    Pose hard to squeeze out subcutaneous water

2 days out:
    Taper water intake to 1 &1/2 litres
    continue a sodium-free diet
    use supplemental potassium and vitamin C at each meal
    Continue using herbal diuretic
    Pose hard to squeeze out subcutaneous water

1 day out:
    Taper Water intake to 1 litre
    Continue zero-sodium
    increase potassium and vitamin C
    Continue using herbal diuretic
    Before bed a clear (1 oz)alcoholic drink will flush out more water without adding many empty calories (clear alcohol= no sugar)
    No posing today (rest and eat moderately)

Show time:
    Water intake is tapered to 1/2 litre
    If you exhaust the day's supply of water you can suck on iceblocks to stave off the feeling of thirst, without ingesting much additional water
    Ingest 2 tabs of potassium with each meal
    Use the herbal diuretic with each meal
    Don't drink water between meals.
    Sip it with the meals as it will stop the muscles from being too flat (glycogen=carbs+water)
    SLEEP ..that will reduce the need for water ingestion
    Stay off your feet(keep legs elevated).. this will allow the legs to cut deeper as it'll take longer for them to get 'pumped' or smooth over when you're onstage posing

*Herbal diuretic:
    If you can't get or afford a good herbal diuretic you can make your own.

Your health store should sell loose herbs.

Buy:
    1oz Sasparilla root
    1oz Astragalus
    1oz Alfalfa
    2oz Dandelion leaf (as opposed to root... which is less diuretic)
    1oz Uva Ursi leaf

Start with a higher dosage so as to get the circulatory system concentration high.

Daily combine a teaspoon of each in a cup...add hot water and let steep for at least 30minutes.

The first 2days use the herbal concoction twice or three times a day... It'll taste better cool so refrigerate it.Don't add splenda or any other artificial sweetener.I'm not sure of their effects on water-balance.You can go out on a limb and add stevia(a sweetening herb) or by adding ginger(another potent diuretic) and licorish root to the mix if taste is an issue.

~Nark

p.s. post pics

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Although i do not agree with Narkissos regarding tapering of water i think it is a disaster in the making, i do like his Hyrbal diuretic formula...i always drink as much water as possible upuntill the 18 hours before the show and then cut it all out...my philosophy behind that is once you start gradually reducing water your body goes into a shock mode and will release a hormon called aldesterone, this hormone prevents the human body from releasing water and causes sodium retention in turn holding water, there is a way around that if you take diuretic called Aldectone, this diuretic blocks the production of Aldesterone (water retention hormone), and this is the reason i do not cut or reduce water until 18 hours before the show, it will work for some but more often then not it will not work...i preffer the big shock stopping water all at once and by the time the body realizes what has happened i am dry...i do use pharmacutical diuretic 1 hour before cutting water i use Diyzide at 50mg dose...good luck...XXL

great help guys..i tried the high water intake till i cut it out like MIKE said before..it was great,was freaky dry the next morning..tnx guys!!

great help guys..i tried the high water intake till i cut it out like MIKE said before..it was great,was freaky dry the next morning..tnx guys!!

Thread Information