Thread: NPC Show in NYC

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

NPC Show in NYC

I decided to do a show and I'm not sure what to do next. I downloaded the NPC show schedule and I found 2 coming up in NYC.

http://www.npcnewsonline.com/new/contest.htm

10/02/04
    Brooklyn Bodybuilding, Fitness & Figure
    To be held at Brooklyn Campus High School, Brooklyn NY
    Promoter: John Suarez & Core Fitness

11/13/04
    Eastern USA Bodybuilding, Fitness & Figure
    To be held at Tribeca Theater, New York, NY
    *The top two men's class winners and the women's overall of this contest will qualify for professional status.

From the way it looks the Brooklyn show is a very small local show and the Eastern USA is a larger show being that winners can win a pro card.

This will be my very first show and I'm not sure what to do next. Should I do both shows? The small one and then the larger one? Should I only prep for the larger show? When I enter should I enter as a novice, amateur or open? I'm not sure what the next step should be.

Can anyone offer advice?

Thanks,
    Carlos

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

you're doing this ****?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I decided to do a show and I'm not sure what to do next. I downloaded the NPC show schedule and I found 2 coming up in NYC.

http://www.npcnewsonline.com/new/contest.htm

10/02/04
    Brooklyn Bodybuilding, Fitness & Figure
    To be held at Brooklyn Campus High School, Brooklyn NY
    Promoter: John Suarez & Core Fitness

11/13/04
    Eastern USA Bodybuilding, Fitness & Figure
    To be held at Tribeca Theater, New York, NY
    *The top two men's class winners and the women's overall of this contest will qualify for professional status.

From the way it looks the Brooklyn show is a very small local show and the Eastern USA is a larger show being that winners can win a pro card.

This will be my very first show and I'm not sure what to do next. Should I do both shows? The small one and then the larger one? Should I only prep for the larger show? When I enter should I enter as a novice, amateur or open? I'm not sure what the next step should be.

Can anyone offer advice?

Thanks,
    Carlos
    hit me up w/ a pm or get my cell #.i'll meet up and check it out!!that's great!!!good work bro

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Hey Carlos,

IMO...If you do well at the smaller show then go to the larger one. Enter as an amateur for now. Have you signed up through NPC yet. I think it is still $65. They will automatically send you fliers for every contest in and around your state.

Vet@ BigdogBodybuilding
    Vet@ Anabolic Impact

Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    hit me up w/ a pm or get my cell #.i'll meet up and check it out!!that's great!!!good work bro
    I'm just confused and not sure where to begin. I workout alone. And I don't talk to Victor M. as much as I used to. I have to learn how to pose and I'll need help with dieting to. I'm going to search the forum for diet info.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    i would say start with the brooklyn show first.............i'm not sure about the Eastern USA's tho......i think you may have to quality for that one..........esp. since it is a pro qualiter.........a first-timer can't enter one of those without winning a lower ametur show.....(but don't quote me on that).........

why don't you get in touch with Steve Weinberger.....(Bev Francis husband)...........he's an NPC representative.........he got my ex ready for the USAs.....and i know he helps most of the locals in the NY area...........and he knows his ****.............his gold's is in Syosset, Long Island..........probably about 20 minues east of the Cross Island Parkway......i'm sure you have an idea of the area........if not, let me know............

but regardless, let me know what you end up doing...........and i'll make sure to get my ass there to cheer you on...........
    Last edited by Danielle; 08-11-2004 at 12:03 PM.
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck carlos!!! Gold's in syosset has some big mofos in there, great gym too!

RATM is offline Senior Member
    i would say the brooklyn show as a first timer. Whatever you decide, good luck and I hope you do very well.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    thats awsome bro! plenty of guys here who can get you into contest prep. Hit swolecat up! he can for sure help you out with getting into top contest shape.

Good luck you big mofo!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    i would say start with the brooklyn show first.............i'm not sure about the Eastern USA's tho......i think you may have to quality for that one..........esp. since it is a pro qualiter.........a first-timer can't enter one of those without winning a lower ametur show.....(but don't quote me on that).........

why don't you get in touch with Steve Weinberger.....(Bev Francis husband)...........he's an NPC representative.........he got my ex ready for the USAs.....and i know he helps most of the locals in the NY area...........and he knows his ****.............his gold's is in Syosset, Long Island..........probably about 20 minues east of the Cross Island Parkway......i'm sure you have an idea of the area........if not, let me know............

but regardless, let me know what you end up doing...........and i'll make sure to get my ass there to cheer you on...........
    I called the promoter and they said I can enter the Eastern USA's if I've competed in a NPC show before. So if I do the small ghetto NPC show in Brooklyn first it will qualify me for the Eastern USA show.

Thread Information