Thread: Traps?

Hardcore189 is offline Junior Member

Traps?

I can not get my traps to develop. Can i get some suggestions on what to try to develop them?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    why don't you start by telling us what you are doing right now to try and develop them ??

BDTR is offline Retired
    Deadlifts, hard and heavy.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    what he said.

Rsox1 is offline Associate Member
    dealifts are the best but a close second in my opinion are cleans my traps hurt for days after my once a month clean workout

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Shrugs , behind the back...

diesel21 is offline Member
    light weight high reps!!!! only thing that will work, my traps are huge and i barely work them..... make um burn to failure on each set.. high weight means crap, all about forn and burn

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I see alot of people sit there with 135-225lbs on a bar doing shrugs. Anyone I have seen with big traps including myself workout with really heavy weight.

Like Btdr said if you do deadlifts really heavy you dont even have to worry about it. I only do shrugs maybe once a month and my traps are huge. And its all from deadlifts.

Sadasius is offline New Member
    I've always used heavy shrugs to the front, lighter weight behind the back and really heavy deadlifts. If you don't get big traps from this then you don't have any....lol

diesel21 is offline Member
    well, i guess everyone is different, like i said try out different approaches to see what works best, mine are huge and I rarely work on my traps, but then again the are your back muscles and i may hit them while working on my back....

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    mine used to lag behind until i started really hitting them,concentrating on feeling the muscle.my trap workout is after shoulders and it looks like this:
    db shrugs 3 x 12-25
    behind back bb shrugs(smith machine)3 x 8-12
    high pulls w/rope on pully(use on high setting like doing a row but standing and pulling to your chin squeezing your traps together)3 x 12
    alternate these w/db upright rows from week to week

remember.your set should come to failure because the muscle failed not because the weight is to heavy..the weight should never be too heavy to prevent you from feeling the muscle working,these guys that think they are shrugging 405# couldnt do 1/2 that if done properly..i'm 255# at 8%bf...275 is the most i use,any heavier i cant feel the muscle working.

lukeduke01 is offline Junior Member
    heavy deads. And one thing a buddy of mine did that I tried and just fried my traps was...start with 100lb dumbbells and do 1 rep, immediately rerack and get some 95lbers and do 2 reps, 90s for 3, 85s for 4, etc, etc. Go down to about 60s or so then go back down the rack without stopping until you get back to 100s for 1. Try it. And dont use lifting straps.
    Last edited by lukeduke01; 08-10-2004 at 04:53 PM.

Thread Information