rik267 is offline New Member

My first BB comp questions about Diuretics

I have 8 days till my first BB comp. I have a few Dyazide capsules and was wondering if anyone out there has used them and what was your regimin, sides, and any other advice you think i sould know.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rik267
    I have 8 days till my first BB comp. I have a few Dyazide capsules and was wondering if anyone out there has used them and what was your regimin, sides, and any other advice you think i sould know.
    I wouldn't mess with diuretics for your 1st comp, especially if you're 8 days out and still unsure how to use them.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Just the basics here, drink as much water as you can untill 18 hours before prejudging, cut all water at that time and only use sips and only after peeing...as for diuretics, i would take 50mg of Dyazide 1 hour before cutting off your water (meaning 19 hours out of prejudging)
    Key things:
    DO NOT gradually reduce your water
    DO NOT over do the duretics not only is it very dengarouse it will make you wlook worst then if you under use them
    Have fun Bro!!!
    XXL

IMA
    IMA is offline New Member

Better Planning

Quote Originally Posted by rik267
    The advice Mike XXXL gave you was not bad. It probobly workes great for him. However it may not work for you. When dropping water you also need to consider your carb up. A little water is needed in the system to fill properly. The way you manipulate your carbs and water all depends on the amount of lean muscle you possess, your conditioning, and your individual bodys responce. If you are not totally shredded, diuretics will leave you looking flat and fat. My advice to you is to work with an experienced bodybuilder who can take a look at your condition and gather enough info about what you have been doing so far. This will allow him or her to make a more educated decision. Idealy you should have been working with someone from the start, giving him the chance to get to know how your body responds to every variable. This final week can make or break your contest.
    If you want to discuss this further, contact me at my website www.iron*********.com. Click the contact Icon.
    Last edited by MIKE_XXL; 08-28-2004 at 09:33 AM.

Sorry Bro, but we do not allow URL posting of any kind, if you want to help him help him here...XXL

Thanks for the advice. So many new things i have to do to get properly preped fro this competition that it all starts to get overwhelming, but I think this plan will work for the first time.
    It is Sunday night before the Saturday competiton. For the last 2 weeks I have been cutting carbs slowly down to about 150-200g and caloric intake of less than 2000 cal.
    Sunday-- Less than 70g carb, 1200cal, 1 gal of water with crystal light. also using table salt on all my meals. Multivit and potasium/Magnessium tabs morning night
    Monday-- Less than 70g carb, 1000cal, 1.5 gal of water. Table salt.Multivit and potasium/Magnessium tabs morning night
    Tuesday-- Less than 70g carb, 1000cal, 2 gal H20, salt.Multivit and potasium/Magnessium tabs morning night.
    Wednesday-- 700g carbs. 3000-4000cal 2 gal of water, salt, Multivit and potasium/Magnessium tabs morning night
    Thurday--700g carbs. 3000-4000cal 2 gal of water, salt, Multivit and potasium/Magnessium tabs morning night
    Friday--700g carbs. 3000-4000cal, Drop water, Dyazidein the morning. Multivit and potasium/Magnessium tabs morning/night

This is my plan, I hope it works.

Dont drop your carbs to below 100g and deffinitley DO NOT drop your over all calories so low, WTF wold you want to do that, you are not going to get any leaner and you will loose a lot intracellular water from inside the muscle cells and shrink...i know because i did that my first show, increase you carbs to 100gm and the overall calories to 1800-2000, second i would not do 3 days at 700gm of carbs, that is too much, amybe go 700gm on wed, then 450gm on thursady and then 300gm on friday all before cutting your water, you can have a fat loading meal around 4 hours after cutting your water a safe bet would be frenchfires and steak with a piece of cheescake...and now to diuretics, easy on the potassium Bro...Dyazide is a 3/4 potassium sparing diuretic, meaning as it gets rid of the sodium, it leaves potassium behind, if you supplement with extra potassium you can get into some trouble so i would cut off the electrolitye tablets all together on friday morning...i do not like faking around with sodium but if you already started it just continue on as there is no way of backing out of that plan...good luck bro, live and learn as we all have...XXL

Thanks mike
    I researched the dyazide on rxlist dot com and it said the same thing. now to the carbs. I have heard from other sites to cut carb below 70g for 3 days. I have no experience with this so that advice was all i had to go with. I will take the carb loading phase slower if you think it unwise. I dont want to look bloated. Right now I am a little flat but extracellular water is not a problem.
    I will definitly cut out the potasium tabs today, dont want heart arhythmia on stage. I was taking it so i wouldnt cramp up from the lack of K+ which happened to me with hydrochlorthyazide once.
    Thanks for all the help. This is deffinitly a sport that you learn as you go. without all the help I have received from various boards i would be lost.

Good luck Bro, let us know how you make out...XXL

Served is offline Associate Member
    I found this works best for me: The day before the show(around noon) take 40mgs lasix. Later on that night, say around 8-9:00 cut out water and take another 25-40mgs lasix at 11-midnight. I always wake up the next morning dry as a bone. i have also heard of guys mixing aldactone and lasix together. aldactone helps keeps the potassium in the body.

I would personally shy away from Lasix, last time i took it i went really flat and lost a lot of muscle density...XXL

ok my first contest was last saturday. It went well, except for the fact that i rushed every pose and didn't smile till someone in the audience yelled something. I looked good that day, but i looked better on sunday and monday, I went to The Ale House and ate like a pig drank a few beers and ate 2-3 bowls of ice cream on sunday. I felt very full wheras I felt a little flat at the show. Next time, I plan to carb up big time none of this 400gm stuff, but It was all good. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Be careful with the big carb up/fat load, as you get fuller some of the lines desapear and the definition is blured, why do you think Ronnie Collmen can be 302lbs 2 weeks out but will step on the stage in the 280+ range, if he had a great huge carb & fat load he would easily be 302lbs but his lines and cuts would not all be there...XXL

Served is offline Associate Member
    Congrats rik! I'm sure you learned a lot of stuff from your first show. I gotta give props to XXL for the advice given on this thread. Everything was on point and I hope you took the man's advice rik!

Quote Originally Posted by Served
    Congrats rik! I'm sure you learned a lot of stuff from your first show. I gotta give props to XXL for the advice given on this thread. Everything was on point and I hope you took the man's advice rik!
    Thanks Bro!

Thread Information