Redlight Intensity is offline New Member

Creatine a day out from the show?

What do you think of using creatine 24-18h before hitting the pre-judging stage?

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I would NOT do it, the added benifit would be small i would not risk the possibility of extra water retention...XXL

Served is offline Associate Member
    I wouldn't do it either bro. You got too much at stake and plus do you think creatine is going to give you that extra advantage over your competitors? Probably not!

Served

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    what if it was reg creatine, no sugar?

kelkaz is offline Junior Member
    not a good idea, you will not gain water in short time, but you wont see any differences on your body.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    what if it was reg creatine, no sugar?
    the sugar has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that creatine will make you retain intra-cellular water. Sugar is just extra crap, most people here who are competitive as this guy obviously is, do not use ****ty creatine with sugar in them(unless pwo) Most use pure creatine monohydrate!

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    the sugar has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that creatine will make you retain intra-cellular water. Sugar is just extra crap, most people here who are competitive as this guy obviously is, do not use ****ty creatine with sugar in them(unless pwo) Most use pure creatine monohydrate!
    Yeah but don't they usually end throwing in a scoop of dextrose with it?
    I did an experiment once with my little brother(cuz i didn't feel like doing it on myself) in which he took plain creatine for 6 weeks during a cutting phase, and while he gained four pounds, he didn't look like he was retaining any water under the skin. His weights and reps in the gym had a positive increase during that time. as far as appearance, i feel it didn't hurt, or help any.
    The question here is, does pure creatine cause water retention in the tissues under the skin? Creatine is supposed to be stored in the muscle. Does anybody now if excess creatine intake can spill over into adipose tissue? It doesn't seem possible that it could be stored in fat. Anybody know?
    I think alot of the water retenton people get from creatine supps are from the sugared versions, or the fruit juice they mix their creatine in.

I think i will conduct an experiment on myself this week to see. This is very interesting. I'm in my 2 week layoff before my bulking phase right now, and i have been eating well, but clean, and have lost little if any definition from my summer cutting stage, and haven't gained any weight from my inactivity.
    I will load pure creatine for the next week at 20grams a day, and see what happens.
    I'll let you fellas know how it goes.

Baja is offline New Member
    DONT TAKE CREATINE NOWAY!
    I had an experiment 5 days before a show and appeared smoooooth!!!big mistake

Served is offline Associate Member
    Bro just try to erase the whole creatine thing from your brain. Trust me...It doesn't work like you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not dogging you by any means I just don't want you to ruin your contest experience. Creatine doesn't help precontest .....period!

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    Listen to all the guys, I tried creatine loading like 3 days before a show, because someone told me that it volumizes you big time. BIG MISTAKE, more like makes you soft

Thread Information