Thread: 7 weeks out!

hotrod1 is offline Associate Member

7 weeks out!

sup guys well i got a question for you all.........as of right my only carbs that i take in are my 2 post workout meals 50 dex/ and then 30-40 brown rice.........on non lifting days i dont take any in.........i was wondering how low my carbs will go or how should i cut my carbs when it comes time to carb deplete for the show?

thanx

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    If that's all the carbs you are taking you are already carb depleting 7 weeks out, bad move in my opinion, i never drop my carbs below 100-150gm of carbs per day and more often then not 200gm /day...unless i am following Keto/CKD type diet...but if someone is helping you get ready you might as well stick with their game plan...as i said there is no point in lowering your carb intake any lower you are already depleted...XXL

what what would be my best bet to add one more meal with carbs? maybe my 3rd meal of the day? making that about 100 to about 150 of carbs?
    Last edited by hotrod1; 09-28-2004 at 01:16 PM.

so my best bet would be to add one more meal with about 30 to 40 grams of carbs? making that about 100-150 grams? i am doing my own diet what do you think i should do......im kinda cautious cuz of my diet right now because i wanna make sure i come in looking good so i cut back the carbs......but should i add that one more meal?

JoeGuns27 is offline Junior Member
    man i eat about 6-7 meals per day on my diet and all of them except for the last two has carbs....proably around 150-200....I wouldnt do any carb depleting until the last week if you are going to do it....

well yea but it aint good to be eating carbs every meal if youre trying to cut up for a show you know..........i was just wondering if one more meal with carbs would hurt

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod1
    well yea but it aint good to be eating carbs every meal if youre trying to cut up for a show you know..........i was just wondering if one more meal with carbs would hurt
    Not true, 5 out of my seven meal while dieting for a show have carbs in them and if you seen some of my pics floating around here i think i dial in OK...carbs will make you look fuller in the muscles, and keep you sane in the brain and help you retain muscle mass while dieting...it's the choices of carbs that make the differance...as for should you ad one more meal...sh1t Bro i don't know, i do not know your body, your training style, i haven't seen your pictures, i don't know what you look like 7 weeks out...how much weight are you loosing per week...??...XXL

well from week 12 to now (7 weeks) ive lost about 12 lbs....but between week 12 and 7 i was eating about 4 meals with carb (oatmeal, rice, dex pwo) and i wasnt really getting lean, then this past week i started just to get the two carb meals with my pwo's and i think i lost some size, and that just sux!! Your right i should add some carb meals.....how about just having my 1st and last two meals of the day without carbs.....and the rest with carbs ( rice, oatmeal)?

I always have Oatmeal with my first meal, i think of it as getting myself ready for the ret of the day meal, you are going to need carbs to get through the day and nothing like Oatmeal in the morning, by the time i make my breakfast it's about 1/2 hour sience i did cardio, good enough for me...you should post some pictures so you can get more direct help Bro...XXL

aight man ill get some today...........i guess form there we can pretty much see what ill need to do wit the carbs.

thanx mike

here the pics mike.......not very good ones took them in a hurry and i look very flat and WHITE!!!! lmao.....oh well i guess you can get an idea from these.

peace

p.s. critique them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7 weeks out!-ygpa83c.jpg   7 weeks out!-ygpa83d.jpg   7 weeks out!-ygpa83e.jpg   7 weeks out!-ygpa840.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images

You look good Bro, i would deffinitly ad that Oatmeal meal for breakfast and leave the rest alone...you do look a bit flat and it's lack of carbs...no worries, don't stress and worry about sh1t either, remember this is for fun, right? you only need to loose around 7-9 more pounds to be in the 5% body fat range that so that's only about 1lbs per week, make sure you don't loose more as it more then likely will be muscle...just stick to the 1lbs or 1.25lbs per week and you will be good to go...XXL

yeaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! lol thanx man!!!! sh#it that really makes me feel alot better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i should just add that one more pro?carb meal? and what about cycling my carbs on the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod1
    yeaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! lol thanx man!!!! sh#it that really makes me feel alot better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i should just add that one more pro?carb meal? and what about cycling my carbs on the weekend?
    I like to have one big carb meal on the weekend, whatever floats your boat, i usually have 1/2 large CHEEESLESS pizza, that's right pizza with no cheese and with grilled chicken, mushrooms and tomatoes + 1 chocolate bar...that is my cheat meal...if you want something more traditional have a boal of pasta or potatoes...with chicken...i cut out my cheat meals 3-4 weeks out of the show...XXL

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    If I where you I would add 1/2 a cup oatmeal to my morning meal, and a small potatoe with a chicken breat about an hour after my workout.

thanx guys ill try that!

peace

hey mike how does this look.....

meal 1--- 1/2 cup oatmeal 8 egg whites 2 whole eegs

meal 2--- 6 oz chicken breast, 15-20 almonds

meal 3---same as meal 2

meal 4--- preworkout --1/2 cup oatmeal or rice, 6 oz chicken breast

meal 5 postworkout---- 50 grams dex/ 25 grams whey

meal 6 2nd postworkout--- 1/2 cup rice, 6 oz chicken breast

meal 7---- 2 scoops of whey with flax or almonds

all carb meals are taken with r-ala and biotin

aslo, should i start lowering the dex once i get closer to show time or is that amount fine?

The amount of Dextrose is fine...i wouldn't take too much fat with your protein drink before bed...maybe 2.5-5ml at the most, just enough to slow down the digestion...XXL

aight coo mike, again!........youve really helped alot bro thanx alot man! ill be posting some pics up this weekend for an update from 6 weeks out.

peace

Gene is offline Associate Member
    Sorry to intrude on your thread, but how many grams of protein is 6oz chicken breast? About 50g?

Quote Originally Posted by Gene
    Sorry to intrude on your thread, but how many grams of protein is 6oz chicken breast? About 50g?
    Yes it is about 50gm...XXL

Thread Information