Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member

Question Question on tanning and shaving???

I'm entering a show on June 15 and I wanted to know when is a good time start tanning and how often should I go. I'm not really tan now; my arms are kind of tan but the rest of my body is pretty white. I don't understand it, I'm Italian, I should have a natural tan. Anyway, do I shave my body or do I wax it, because I rather wax it because when it grows in, it won't be as itchy. Thanks.

Naturally Anabolic is offline Associate Member
    start tanning 2 months out, so you can have the base tan out of the way and be working on the deep bronze and yes wax

Nico is offline Associate Member
    bro I suggest you shave instead of waxing especialy if you have never waxxed before. waxxing made me break out in a huge rash all over my chest and arms. As for the tanning i have to agrea with Naturally Anabolic on that one.

bravo11p is offline Associate Member
    If you choose to start shaving, do it now. Your skin will break out in places till you get your skin tough. For me, it's mainly upper chest and the top of my thighs. Waxing will cause you to break out in places, well, it did me and the pain.......... I would rather masturbate a mountain lion with a handful of sandspurs than wax again.

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    Wow bravo11....wild mental picture of masturbating a mountain lion with a handful of sandspurs

Anyway.....how many days a week do you tan, two months out from a show???
    TEST DOES A BODY BEST

MuscledFreakz
    FeminineMuscle
    SculptedByIron

ann,
    it would truely depend on what kinda skin type you are, how you respond to the tanning and how long you can handle in the bed, i could go 3x a week for the 2 months and look like a bronzed god but i also tan very easy and start out with 12minute sessions because i don't burn....

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I had to laugh at this one bro, I am full blooded Italian and in the off season I am white as a ghost. However, when I get in the sun, I black as a well, you know, I mean black.
    Anyways I share all your pain bra cause I am a hairy mofo, (that is one of the disadvantages about being Italian).
    Okay let me break it down for you: I tried waxin one time, let me just say this, if you ever wanna see a grown man cry, GET WAXED. that shit hurts, and not only did it hurt like hell, (cause I had soo much hair) I walked around for a week looking like I had the measles, cause of the rash it gave me.
    I shave, it is a pain in the arse but less irritation and less painful.
    I would start tanning now.. Try to take cold showers, this helps believe or not, cause when you take warm showers/baths, your pores open up and that is what causes you to loose your tan, I was told this by a dermitologists. He also told me to keep your skin very moist at all times, this also helps with keeping your tan, dry skin also causes peeling and a loss of your color.
    good luck in the show my paisan friend, and don't worry you have another fellow italian here who understans.. LOL

haha i am italian as well bro lol, and i as well turn casper the ghost when i don't tan, then i start up on the tanning and bam im my lovely golden skin again

Ok, thanks everyone, I think I'm going to shave instead. Sicilian, I'm not really hairy for being Italian except for my croch, my stomach and chest, and my head. But when I get in the sun I turn black too. Thanks.

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by Naturally Anabolic
    ann,
    it would truely depend on what kinda skin type you are, how you respond to the tanning and how long you can handle in the bed, i could go 3x a week for the 2 months and look like a bronzed god but i also tan very easy and start out with 12minute sessions because i don't burn....
    This is going to sound like I'm goofy, but thats another story, anyway,........... answer me this. If you need to put all the tanning product gook on you, before the comp., is all this extra tanning of the hide in the tanning bed necessary

Ann, I really don't know, I'm just going by what the manager at my gym and all of the other people who entered this show or any other shows told me to do. So, I don't really, plus I want to have a tan anyway by that time, just cause I like the way it looks on me.

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Ann, you really do need to have a base tan, before applying any dyes or else your going to be lightest one on stage. I do think that you can get away with minimal tanning if you happen to use dream tan as a contest tanning product. I have not had as much luck with pro tan, dyo derm, jan tana, wihtout having to put on 6 coats of the shit. I prefer to tan five days a week two months prior after all I own the tanning beds. As for shaving I shave 3 times a week for the last eight years, it becomes habit after a while, right ladies?

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Naturally A, nice to know we have yet another Italian bruther here..
    Dr. Derek is correct again... I find that a base tan is what works best especially when competting on stage. Yes, shaving has become a habit for me, only in the summer time, but winter I say F it. Of course I scare everyone cause i look like a gorilla, but hey at least I don't have to go out and buy Halloween costumes every year!

Yea, I'm gonna start tanning next week probably. I don't know what kind of rub on tan I'm gonna use, all the people I know that entered comps. before use pro tan but I don't know. I just shaved my body hair today and its the first time I ever shaved my legs, I do the stomach, chest, croch, back, and face all the time, but never the legs. Please tell me how the hell you get the back of your legs especially the thighs, it took me like 3 hours also because I have so much leg hair. I think I'm just gonna use a Norelco first and then razor, thats what I did with my arm pits the first time, I just shaved the long hair with the electric razor and then finish off with bic's. Dr. Derek, since you apply the rub on tan a day or tow before the show for the first coat, how do shave the day of the show without the tan coming off, or wouldn't it come off in the shower. I mean you can't take a shower the day of the show? This might sound like a stupid question, but I wondered but the manager at my gym has been on vacation, so I don't know who to ask. Thanks.

tryin2getbig is offline Junior Member
    hey mr trenton where do you train at...because i might have seen you around... i live right outside trenton in hamilton and train at Man's World and Powerhouse....let me know

Trying2getbig, I train at Adam and Eve Spa, on South Clinton Ave. in Trenton. I've never been to Man's World but I know where it is and like 2 years ago I went to Powerhouse for 3 months to try it out, I liked it but it was to crowded, but I think I'm gonna go back there after the show and when I get my license back(I got a DUI), because there open later than Adam and Eve is. And if your wondering what show it is, it's the Trenton Bodybuilding Championships.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    tanning more is better, tightens skin and draws water out i find. I am white, i tan 5x weeks from about 8 week mark, then 5 coats of pro tan on friday, and 2 coats of dream tan Sat Am and one before night show, I had best tan going, and it's very important under the lights.

Redneck is offline Junior Member
    I think it's really important to through in a good lotion. Wal-mart stuff dosen't do shit. I tanned for 2 months and bearly even got dark. Then one of my girls let me use her lotion because I forgot mine one night. I got more tan in that one sesson that I did in two weeks with my wal-mart shit. That 40 or 50 buck might be worth it if you really want to get dark.

Thread Information