tubbytank is offline Associate Member

Cycling before a show

Ok here's the dilemma. Am natural to date. Not sure if I will enter a natural show, or wether I will do my first cycle and enter a show.

So the question is, With exactly 1 year to prepare, should I take the cycle so it ends near the show? Or should I do two cycles in the year? 1 now and 1 before the show?

Here I am presuming that everyone has a cycle before the show so they are extra huge? True or not true? Advice please.......oh and thank you

anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member
    depends on what you take. deca lasts up to 18 months, you can't take that. test E and dbol is what most people around here recommend for a first, and you need only around 3months before the substance is cleared from your body.

they don;t test in the IFBB here in australia.

Just wondering really if in those comps, whether people cycle right before the comp or not?

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

throw up some pictures

Quote Originally Posted by tubbytank
    they don;t test in the IFBB here in australia.

Just wondering really if in those comps, whether people cycle right before the comp or not?
    since you're talking IFBB, let's see the goods.

I was trying to post some pics yesterday, but they looked like crap and lost their colour as I was taking still with a webcam. Am natural. Am going to get some done this weekend (photos) by a friend. Then post some more in a few weeks time when i am back into gym. Then show my results regularly right up to the comp. As of yet I have not decided whether to stay natural or go IFBB.
    Thats why I want to know about cycling. Was figuring if I do my first cycle, should I do it prior to the show? Or will I get blitzed by guys who cycle all year? I guess it depends on what I have as a base now right?
    At 125kgs at present, I have built a great base. Am carrying a fair degree of fat which I have been working off. But think I will look pretty good with the fat stripped off. I have exactly 1 year to get ready for either the natural or IFBB comp. Any advice would be appreciated.

Served is offline Associate Member
    Ok here's the dilemma. Am natural to date. Not sure if I will enter a natural show, or wether I will do my first cycle and enter a show.

So the question is, With exactly 1 year to prepare, should I take the cycle so it ends near the show? Or should I do two cycles in the year? 1 now and 1 before the show?

Here I am presuming that everyone has a cycle before the show so they are extra huge? True or not true? Advice please.......oh and thank you

Stay Natural!!!

you got a year, you can do two cycles. you should finish your pct before the show. so that you have time to take more ldex in case you got some bloat or even more nolva in case you got some gyno.

hmmm but does going into pct befopre a show cause you to drop some size? or hopefully not? plus the fact that you need to be cutting prior to the show, so would it be a waste of a cycle, and I would come in too watery and smooth?

good point. then i suggest you finish up your pct 12 weeks before your show. i forgotten the fact that you should bulk while on cycles.. unless you're on a cutting one.

juicelee is offline Associate Member
    I would run the test e, test cyp and, all oil based juice right up until 4 -6 weeks b4 a show then from 4 - 6 weeks out run test prop ( I would imagine u could run masteron at this point too) then 2 - 3 weeks out run abombs ( can be run 4 weeks out but i wouldnt risk it just in case of any bloat) and test suspension (might be able to throw winny in too) obviously u can throw more in the loop but, just to give u an idea ask mikexxl he knows alot about comps.

IMO I wouldnt stop running gear b4 a show. I would keep goin til the end no sense of gettin the crashing sides when coming off so close to when ur gonna have to be at ur best
    Last edited by juicelee; 10-28-2004 at 09:09 AM.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

If you're doing a none tested show I would do 2 cycles a bulk cycle now, then a few months off. Then a contest prep cutting cycle. Most cutting cycles include prop/tren which require every day - every other day injects so you need to get used to doing shots.

I'm 16 days out from show and my coach has me running gear all the way up through the show.

Thread Information