hotrod1 is offline Associate Member

condiments and sauces?

do any of you all use ketchup and sauces or ur food when gettiing ready for a show......if so.........what do yuo all use and when do you all cut it out?

spkmania is offline Associate Member
    you gotta check the sodium on stuff like hot sauce and other condiments, they're usually pretty high...

Served is offline Associate Member
    yeah it basically boils down to sodium for me. The majority of that stuff has so few carbs it really doesn't matter. Well, most of it! LOL. Bar-b-q sauce is kinda high in carbs along with woshtershire sauce. Usually around the 4 week mark is when I cut out a lot of unneccessary things like condiments and powders , protein bars. etc...But I also know people that use those things until the end and look very good at show time. It's all about your preference.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    my ex used condiments like no carb BBQ sauces on his grilled chicken, some fat-free, low carb salad dressing.........he cut everything out about 4 weeks prior
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i always use my A-1

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i used frank's red hot sauce throughout up until the end with no issues...i stopped with Low Carb Ketchup, BBQ and flavored Syrups about 2 weeks out. I'm finding that the continued use of the hot sauce hasnt really affected my body.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I used bbque sauce up till week 5 then cut all condiments out. Where doo you buy low carb bbque sauce?

kdtl61 is offline Junior Member
    I say cut them all out 4 to 6 weeks out.
    I never us them at any time. But 4 to 6 weeks will get ride of any side effects from the sodium etc.

Thread Information