Thread: grits?

hotrod1 is offline Associate Member

grits?

has anyone here ever used grits to carb up for a show? what has worked best for you all and still stayed really dry come show time?

Redlight Intensity is offline New Member
    Try to avoid anything that has alot of fibers in it. Fibers will make you smooth.

hotrod1 is offline Associate Member
    so what would be good to carb up with?

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    I know a lot of people use oatmeal, pasta, white rice, potatoes

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Quote Originally Posted by ToJuice,OrNotToJuice
    I know a lot of people use oatmeal, pasta, white rice, potatoes
    and yams...everyone is somewhat individual, so you must expeimant, the best i have ever dried out was eating 2L + of icecream and taking diuretics...figure that out...XXL

eggplant is offline Member
    2L of ice cream?! you could actually finish them mike? amen..

kdtl61 is offline Junior Member
    Not many will carb up with icecream.
    If you have changed your carbs every 4 weeks like you should have you will carb up with whatever main carb is you are eating now. So, if you just chnaged to spuds then just up the amount for carb up days. If you changed to yams then again up the grams per day on the carb up days.

Got it?
    Good luck,
    K

If you dieted with icecream, just up the icecream

Served is offline Associate Member
    Grits, oatmeal, yams, brown rice,.....that is the type of food I diet on. When it comes time to carb up I don't think any amount of these foods will do the trick. There is no way I am going to carb up on oatmeal and grits. I'll leave that to you guys!!LOL

That's why i think fat loadin/sh1t loading works better, i do not drop my carbs before hand, just diet like any other day, then 4 hours after cutting water have a nice big fat loaded meal with some carbs...less risk involved and worrying about carb choices and amounts...just my way of thinking i guess...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    That's why i think fat loadin/sh1t loading works better, i do not drop my carbs before hand, just diet like any other day, then 4 hours after cutting water have a nice big fat loaded meal with some carbs...less risk involved and worrying about carb choices and amounts...just my way of thinking i guess...XXL

I agree xxl. Everyone seems to have their own way of doing things. For me trial and error has tough me everything I know. IMO , knowing your own body and what works for you is priceless. I try not to critique everything I read on this board cause I know somewhere out there someone is doing it and it's working like a charm. LOL

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    Can you give more detail? "have a nice big fat loaded meal with some carbs" How much???

kdtl61 is offline Junior Member
    I like to just ramp my carbs up on Wed before the show.
    Example leading up to this day I'll be eating close to 200 carbs combined with yams, oat, potato, cream of wheats whatever. Wed, beofre the show I'll take carbs up to 400 to 450. Then Thursda 300 and down to 250 or so on Friday. Sat. make sure I have tons of carbs with me.
    For me I need 48 to 72 hours for the big carb day to work through my system and into the muscles. It just can't happen in 24 hours. My thoughts only.
    You just have to find what works for you. I think Mike xxl has done his fair share of trial and error. He knows what works for him each time. Like myself. You have to do something a few times to find out how you respond.
    Good Luck,
    K

Quote Originally Posted by kdtl61
    I like to just ramp my carbs up on Wed before the show.
    Example leading up to this day I'll be eating close to 200 carbs combined with yams, oat, potato, cream of wheats whatever. Wed, beofre the show I'll take carbs up to 400 to 450. Then Thursda 300 and down to 250 or so on Friday. Sat. make sure I have tons of carbs with me.
    For me I need 48 to 72 hours for the big carb day to work through my system and into the muscles. It just can't happen in 24 hours. My thoughts only.
    You just have to find what works for you. I think Mike xxl has done his fair share of trial and error. He knows what works for him each time. Like myself. You have to do something a few times to find out how you respond.
    Good Luck,
    K
    That is the exact way i feel works for most people atleast to 90% effectivness...every body is different and even the slightest adjustment can make a huge differeance and fack it all up...but the wed, thurs, fri carb up outlined above looks solid to me...and is something i would likely recomend to a new comer...good luck...XXL

Another example of how "everyone is different"....lol..... --->I carb up friday before a saturday show. If I carb up three days before like everyone else seems to be doing these days, I spill over.

Served

Thread Information