GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member

Ideal amount of weight to drop...

On a 14 week competition diet, I was thinking anywhere from 35-40lbs? anyone else care to give their point of view?

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I guess it would depend on the amount of body fat you need to lose. Most say if you drop 1-2 pounds a week you'll insure that you don't lose muscle. If I were you I would get your body fat percentage checked then you can determine how many pounds of fat you need to lose to be at competition level body fat.

You're right Carlos, That's a good idea... Although I may look at dropping 3lbs a week since I have muscle mass to spare and I have about 40lbs to lose. 3 x 14 = 42lbs... This sounds about right for me. Besides i'm running a nice thick cycle to go along with this along with clen ... So I can't see me losing much muscle... All i can do is pay extra attention to my progress... along with my trainer.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoQuadzilla
    You're right Carlos, That's a good idea... Although I may look at dropping 3lbs a week since I have muscle mass to spare and I have about 40lbs to lose. 3 x 14 = 42lbs... This sounds about right for me. Besides i'm running a nice thick cycle to go along with this along with clen... So I can't see me losing much muscle... All i can do is pay extra attention to my progress... along with my trainer.
    Just watch your carbs. Don't do what I did and run them to low for a length of time. That's how I lost so much muscle.

Running a 4 day diet, 300g's of carbs day 1, 2nd and 3rd day 100g's of carbs, 4th day 400g's of carbs... Designed to actually make me grow while stripping fat... sounds a bit strange but my Trainer swears by it... He's dialed into every show he's ever competed at and has always placed top 3... so I trust him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Just watch your carbs. Don't do what I did and run them to low for a length of time. That's how I lost so much muscle.

Thread Information