majormobley is offline Junior Member

Tattoo's and bodybuilding

I am getting ready for my first comp in march and i just want to know how much will it affect my placing if i have tattoo's on my body. I have about 9 tats and i
    just don't want to look like a fool up there. Any comments will help.

Thanks

youknowme is offline Member
    If the tats are "covering up" your muscles you might get less judges to look your way I'm afraid

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    By the time you tan and apply your bronzer, I do not know if they will be all that visible?

BDTR is offline Retired
    At one point in my life i wanted to compete and get my pro card, at this point in my life i have no doubt i could get it, however im so covered in tattoos right now that it would be impossible I think. Then again, the competitve BB lifestyle isnt really for me, but i always wondered how i would fair on stage.

charlieuk is offline Junior Member
    There is guy down at my gym who is covered..and I mean covered in tats.

I went to cheers him on in a comp. recently and couldn't believe when he came on stage and I couldn't see ANY of his tats!!

Honestly by the time you've got your bronzer on...you can't see the buggers!!

BDTR is offline Retired
    Even if youre fully covered?

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk
    There is guy down at my gym who is covered..and I mean covered in tats.

I went to cheers him on in a comp. recently and couldn't believe when he came on stage and I couldn't see ANY of his tats!!

Honestly by the time you've got your bronzer on...you can't see the buggers!!

system admin is offline Owner
    I'd like to know the answer to that one!!

Bc

charlieuk is offline Junior Member
    I don't compete, so I'm no expert on tanning and bronzers.

But this guy is fully covered in tats...all over his back,chest, arms, hands....

I assumed he would be marked down for this.....which is why it was such a surprise when he stepped on stage.

Now, I wasn't at the front of the hall near the judges, so maybe they could see something of his tats, and possibly marked him down, but I really couldn't see them.

Thats all I can tell you, it's just a genuine observation, of one bb at one show, but I was amazed.

syd
    syd is offline Junior Member
    From the comps I have been to, as long as you are really tanned...you will not see them.

RATM is offline Senior Member
    I have 10 tat's scattered around my body, from both arms to upper and lower back to legs. Each time I competed, I always ask the judges what I could do to improve. Normally it was my bi's as I have long bellies and not a very high peak. However, NOT ONCE did they ever mention my tat's. In fact, I usually get compliments on them. You can see them from their perspective, as my family could see them from about 10 rows further back.

Thread Information