Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My Show Prep Journal 2005 - with details

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Bumping this for Mike!

kdtl61 is offline Junior Member
    Looking forward to his next update.
    Also want to see his final days leading into the show.
    Less then 2 weeks before the big dance.
    Good luck Mike,

K

bigtraps is offline Member
    You whole upper body looks larger then I ever remeber.. You are doing so well!! Thanks for the continueing inspiration..
    Peace XXL

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Well somehow i am still hanging in there, i am not sure how...as this is getting HARD now...i want to quite every day but i just think about 16 weeks of work i put into this and withe help of my wife and your kind words i am pushing forward...here is an update...

OK I am 2 weeks out now (well 1 week at the time I am typing this) the only change I made now is took out all dairy products meaning cheese from my diet…it’s all yolks now etc I also added 1 pickle to every meal, this will keep my sodium at a constant level, I will take out the picles Friday morning before the show. My weight is in the 180lbs range BF, I think around 6-7%, The diet is below…I will not be decarbing as I already feel like a bag of shiit….so now just though it out to Tuesday and I start carbing up on dry oats, I will post my carb up schedual and diuretics etc all later on…on supplements front all stay the same, starting Saturday at 1 week out I am adding 75mg of d-bol ED all the way to the show, that should help me fill out and get harder…I will also increase my Latrozole to 5mg ED to combat any water that might arise with the use of d-bol…ok here is the diet:

250ml of egg whites
    mushrooms and salsa
    75 gm of oatmeal
    10 gm of whey protein
    Protein – 47gm, Carb-58, Fat-7

80 gm of chicken
    Salad
    Little steak
    7.5 ml of Olive oil
    Protein – 32gm, Carb-6, Fat-20

5 whole eggs
    Salsa
    Protein – 30gm, Carb-0, Fat-30

80 gm of chicken
    Salad
    Little steak
    7.5 ml of Olive oil
    Protein – 32gm, Carb-6, Fat-20

5 whole eggs
    Salsa
    Protein – 30gm, Carb - 0, Fat - 30

POST WORKOUT
    46gm of whey
    90gm of oatmeal
    Protein – 40gm, Carb - 77, Fat - 5

66gm of chicken
    Protein –22gm, Carb - 0, Fat – 0

Total Protein –233gm, Carbs –150gm, Fat – 112gm
    Total Calories Approx. – 2500Cal.

Tat will be all for now, pictures will come after the show…wish me luck Boys!
    XXL

Mike,
    It's times like this in the diet phase when the strong pushes through and the weak fall behind. You are a champion. A champion can always do one more rep or go several more weeks on his diet to be the best he can be. When others fall by the way side you WILL keep pushing on. You have your family behind you and many from this board are in your corner. I have been where you are and know how you are feeling. If it was easy there would be top level guys lineing around the block. Last time I looked there was not. We are just 1% of the population that dare push our bodies to this level. Few understand why. When you hit that stage rock hard and ripped you know why you are there to compete to be the best body builder on that stage.
    Enjoy this final week of prep. Stick to your plan follow only your rules.
    The week before the show is my favorite week. The final changes that place blow my mind each time I go through it. I never can believe it is me when I see the pics. Enjoy the final days of the ride.
    Have a great week and I wish you the best come saturday.
    Best of luck,
    K

warlock is offline Associate Member
    Hey Mike, excellent thread!!

You are right on track. Best of luck bro!! You will do great!!

BTW, How tall are you?

Blankman is offline New Member
    Wow bro

Lmg2701 is offline Junior Member
    Well, one comp. must be done by now.....I'm anxious to see the results, pics, and hear about that last week of contest prep.

Eat up mike and then hurry up and tell us how it went!

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    I admire your dedication. Great progress. Good luck!

Hello Mike,
    I'm waiting with baited breath.
    How did the show go for you?
    Do tell once you have the time to share some details.
    I'm hoping you got the placing you needed my friend.
    Take Care,
    kdtl61

OK here is how things went for me on Saturday, rather crappy...i fought a cold a whole week coming up to the show, i thought i could still go through with it. I went to prejudging in the morning i felt good, i peaked i looked good when i left the house, even knows i had a shitty night sleep (4 hours) i was ready to rumble...i weight in at 173lbs i was happy with that...i just laid around all morning, i felt continusly worst as the day progressed, i could almost see my self detiriating...well they called us on stage at around 2:00pm, i pumped up, unfortunately my conditioning was starting to go from having a cold, being tiered and overall stress...i went on the stage , we went through our first set of mendytories, i posed hard, once i stepped back into the line up, i blacked out for a second, for a second there i though i was going to die right there and then...the i started to feel the urge to get sick...i had to walk of the stage and hug a garbage can for a second as i dryhived a few times...i had a small drink of water and went back on stage, my eye kept rolling to the back of my skull...but i fought in for the whole 20 minutes we were up there, once the prejudging was done i walked of the stage and made a decision to withdraw as i know nothing good could come out from staying dehydrated another 8-10 hours and fighting through another
    8-10 hours of the show, i went home and tried to rest up...i am still sick as a dog, got a cold, can't sleep and feel like a bag of shit...the stinky kind...so as you can see it went pretty bad...now that i am still sick i can't even try to do the second show as i can't really training yet or do heavy cardio or i will never get well, today is thursday and i went to the gym the first time this week...i am still feeling sick, my sinuses are pluged, i can bearly breath...so there goes another year for me...sucks i know, but whatever...i have a baby on a way in 3 weeks it will be born...so for now that will be the focus of my drive and dedications, i am going to go back to train heavy for one more year...see how much muscle i can put on and just maybe me and the wife will have a last run at the competitions here next year...THANK YOU ALL for your support i really appreciate it, it helped me get through some tough times...i will post my last weeks prep with diuretics, drugs and all, in a seperate thread so everyone can read it without reading this whole thread...peace out for now as i rest up....XXL
    william981125 likes this.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Wow Mike, That's quite unfortunate... But you are really smart for withdrawing when you did, God knows what could have happend with another 8 hours of basically no water... Hope you feel better bro! Remember there is lots of time left to compete and I hope everything works out well for your Wife, your new baby, and Yourself in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoQuadzilla
    Wow Mike, That's quite unfortunate... But you are really smart for withdrawing when you did, God knows what could have happend with another 8 hours of basically no water... Hope you feel better bro! Remember there is lots of time left to compete and I hope everything works out well for your Wife, your new baby, and Yourself in the future.
    Thanks Bro!

VIXI is offline Female Member
    Sorry to hear things turned out like that after all your hard work...I still think you're a weiner!! ...xxxSass

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

no need to explain

i know what you bring to the table when your health is where it should be. the precision you put into it is more than most people can even consider doing. no need to say a word. get your health back, enjoy the new edition (i personally like mr. telephone man), and get ready to bring it when you can!who loves ya more than me?!highest praises always go out to you!

wired-up is offline Member
    man, that really stinks Mike. I know you worked really hard for all this. you'll bounce back though. take it easy and get that health back up. congrats on the baby though. my wife's pregnant with our first and due in june. it helps me to keep things in perspective.

Mike,
    So, sorry the cards played out the way they did. I agree with the guy above about pulling out. Your body was giving you every signal to get off that stage and start to rehydrate. I can't believe you held it together as long as you did. You would not have survived another round of posing.
    Were you in the first call out? If so you know they were liking you. If not then that was a sign your body was starting to spill.
    Getting sick leading into shows is not talked about much. I have seen it happen many times to many body builders. Our body is under so much stress a little bug can put us down.
    How hard did you end up drying out? Do you feel it contributed to your sickness. I often feel back from the drying process. Thats with dandelion. So, anything stronger I'm not sure how I would feel. I'm going to try the dyazide this time. I'll take your suggest plan once you post it.

This next year for you is going to be so busy with the new baby. You will have a new outlook on life I'm sure. Get your health back and get that babys room ready. 3 weeks will be here in a flash.
    I wish you and your wife all the best.
    Take care,
    kdtl61

Thank you all for your kind word i am still sick an it's friday now...i have not been sick this long for i don;t remember how long ago...i am hoping to get better on the weekend and back to hard core training...see what happens next year...thanks again guys, i needed that...XXL

wired-up is offline Member
    let us know when you post up pics.

Hey Mike,
    You feeling any better?
    Don't go full tilt back in the gym till you are 100%
    So, is the wife two weeks out from giving birth?
    Get the batteries for the video camera ready.

Let us know how you are and the details of the baby once he/she is here.
    Take Care,
    kdtl61

berniec is offline Junior Member
    bro were u just tanning in the time between those pics or were u puttin some self tanner on too (if so what kind) cause u look like u changed races between the first and last set of pics!

I thought this deserved to be stuck as well

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    I thought this deserved to be stuck as well

Why would you sticky this? It was a total disaster...All that training only to drop out after pre-judging....Not trying to burn, but I'd want to forget about this whole thread, based on the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorherb
    Why would you sticky this? It was a total disaster...All that training only to drop out after pre-judging....Not trying to burn, but I'd want to forget about this whole thread, based on the outcome.
    I got sick at the wrong time, i am not ashamed of the outcome as i have no EGO...i feel there is some info there regarding diet and training that might help others get ready or get some info regarding show prep, it took me very long time to aquier a lot of info regarding show perp not many people want to give it up, as most will charge for show prep, so it's staying Stuck and that's it...XXL
    Metal1877 likes this.

OK...it's good info, Im just stating how hard it must have been to cope with, that's all...Like I said, no direspect, I'm just sure you worked your ass off and then had a terrible thing occur after months of prep....that would make me wanna forget it ever happened....

peace

OK...it's good info, Im just stating how hard it must have been to cope with, that's all...Like I said, no direspect, I'm just sure you worked your ass off and then had a terrible thing occur after months of prep....that would make me wanna forget it ever happened....

peace
    It was hard at first, but there will be other show and i learned a few things from the expiriance...i guess i am just trying to put a positive spin on it...XXL

ttuprincess is offline Anabolic Member
    It was hard at first, but there will be other show and i learned a few things from the expiriance...i guess i am just trying to put a positive spin on it...XXL
    good outlook mike! you made a wonderful transformation and your hard work and dedication shows. Unfortunate that you had to get sick at the time you did, but i think you did well with the cards you were dealt. Cant wait to see what kind of damage you can do next year!

I understand Mike, and Im sorry if I touched a nerve...Your journal is great! I hope you understand the point I was making....

I understand Mike, and Im sorry if I touched a nerve...Your journal is great! I hope you understand the point I was making....
    No Problem Bro, i know what you meant...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by ttuprincess
    good outlook mike! you made a wonderful transformation and your hard work and dedication shows. Unfortunate that you had to get sick at the time you did, but i think you did well with the cards you were dealt. Cant wait to see what kind of damage you can do next year!
    Thank you

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Exultant thread Mike,

Shame about the outcome bro...

Ohhh just to let people know even though i did not come back to the night show, i still did not place last i knew there was silver linning to this...LOL...

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Great thread and real sorry to hear about the outcome. I'm amazed that you hung in there and gutted it out on stage as long as you did.

I have a question regarding your Anavar dosage. Why only 10mg ED? Seems like a lot of users recommend around 50mg ED. Just curious is all.

Cousinbutch is offline Associate Member
    I like your training style, sounds very similar to the way I train.

npc2010 is offline New Member

5 wks out wanna stay on track!!

Hey Mike, Ive read up on your threads on the shit loading process and I plan on implimeting it this year for the first time rather than the traditional carb up. I have a question about my diet from here on in I am 5wks away from my show and I currently am 5'7" tall and am weighing 175 at around 5.9% bf. I am looking pretty lean and I feel like I am on track, however, I have been eating about 50 to 100gms of carbs with all 5 of my 6 meals in a day except for the last one. Usually around 350 to 400 carbs and around 275 to 300 gms of protein with fats only coming from my meats, flax caps, and occasionally a tblspoon of pb. I know i am going to need to lower my carbs from here in and I was noticing how you did your carbs in your prep. What do you think about lowering my carbs to only twice a day, about 75gms at the first meal and post workout, and no carbs on the other 4 meals, just protein and veggies? Or should I eat small amounts with the other meals too like maybe 20gms or so? Im afraid of losing muscle. Im already gonna be in the lower half of my weight class and I wanns keep as much size as i can but still be able to get hard. I am currently doing cardio 5 days a week for 45 minutes, and some days twice a day.

I am taking 400 mgs of test en, and 350mgs of equipose every 4days
    Also taking 50mgs of Oral Winny ed and 100mgs of Masteron eod
    T3 100mcgs ed, and 120mcgs of Clen a day
    50 mcgs of Igf 1 ed
    20 mg of Nolvadex ed

I would appreciate any advice you have as you seem to be one of the most knowledgeable competitors on here.

Cut test adn eq 2 weeks out, oral winny can stay all teh way to the show masteron cut 4-7 days out...T3 drop to 25mcg last week before the show it will make hard carbing up, same with clen ...igf-1r you can keep nolva is ok as well...at 50-100gm of carbs you are ok keep that all last week and then just shtload morning of saturday, cut water atleast 8 hours before shtload...good luck...XXL

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    My diet is my weak point as far as knowledge goes...XXL your thread has helped me a lot...I need a how to guide for dummies on the BBer's diet...

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    sucks to hear how it turned out on the day mike
    you'll kill it next time rounf

how did you find the t3 @ 100 on and off for 5

what was the resoning behind that layout?

how did you find the ghrp6 in the morning

did you find the hunger stimulation to be too much?

This is a rather old thread, so i do not remember the T3 reasoning, but i am sure it was based on some research i read...i recomend the T4 for use now as opposed to T3....as for GHRP, no hunger was ok and i could deal with it, i am sure fat burniners helped with with delaing with it...

It's like any other sport, you never know how it will all turn out, sometimes weird things hapen last minute and you have to do what you have to do, that's what i did...still learned somethings from the expiriance and that's what matters to me the most...XXL

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Indeed, life experiences can be invaluable!

Thanks for dropping a reply Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information