Asian Sensation is offline New Member

Question Sodium depleting/loading

Hello everyone, I'm new to this board! Nice to meet you all!
    I have a college show coming up in a week and I'm planning on adding sodium manipulation into my diet, hoping to shred off some extra subcutaneous water. I have done some research myself on the topic but was hoping maybe you guys could give me some info on it as well. Thanks!

Here's a little status about myself...

Height: 5'9
    Weight: 205
    Body fat: 7-8%
    Training age: 7 years

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Unless your going to carb deplete and load I suggest staying away from the sodium stuff, besides if thats you in your avatar then it appears all you need to do is drop you water...... your pretty tight as it is.

Asian Sensation is offline New Member
    Yes, that's me in the avatar. And yes, I'll be carb depleting as I'm cutting down my sodium intake. I always seem to have a little trouble with the subcutaneous water , that's why I'm looking into the sodium/potassium manipulation.

BIG R is offline Member
    AS,

Soduim manipulation makes me too nervouse. It looks like you are dry from the seratus anterior already from the PIC on the avatar. I did the soduim load this year and it didnt really help much in the end. I totally would not mess with it again. You will watch all of your hard work dissapear before you eyes....no real damage just water retention. Chad Nicholls does not soduim load his clients you might know of: RONNIE COLEMAN (Mr. O), KING KAMALI, and KIM CHIZEVSKY (his wife). They all look great come show time. He is the nutritionist of the pro's.
    Try getting in the sauna. Or doing your cardio in neoprene shorts. Where do you hold the SQ water the most? I get dry as hell from the upper body but the lower body takes the most work for me to get dry in the end. Preparation H works good as a skin dehydrator.
    Did you see Patrick Matsura this year at the Nationals? You wanna see dry? Look him up on the internet and take a look at his Christmas tree back and striated glutes.........He was D-R-Y!

Good luck

Big R.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    DO NOT F*** with sodium intake, leave it alone continue using the amount you are using right now, do not increase it or lower it, i tried it a few shows ago a dn i looked like a big watery bag of shit...even slight manipulation can of set your electrolyte balance and that means trouble all around, can you say holding water...very few people have any kind of seccuess with sodium loading and depleting...i would just leave it alone, before my last show i was eating FROZEN chicken, full of sodium, and guess what, i was able to reach the best conditioning every for me...the key is not to change, the body will go into shock, and hold water...my 2cents...XXL

hulk007 is offline Banned
    hi guys,im competing next week again,ive also noticed that its better to leave it as it is if you are looking good alwready,one question though,the preparation h,do you leave it on for the pre judging show and wont they notice a shine to it under the lights and do you apply it in the morning before your last cotting of tanning solution and wouldn t it be an advantage to rub it all over your body instead od just were you are holing water.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you practice the water/carb depletion and load w/the sodium load and depletion, you can come in extra full and really dry. I do it every show.

~SC~

Thread Information