Thread: niacin

hotrod1 is offline Associate Member

niacin

i know that niacin is used before going on stage..........i was wondering is it ok to use on a daily basis before workouts? I was wondering becuase i used it the other day to try it out and it worked great for my vascularity.

thanx

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah you can do that. I have taken up to 3 grams of niacin a day, and i'd do 1 gram before wo. I would build up to a show though so the flush is gone by then. You dont wanna go on stage all red and look like an idiot who spent to much time in the tanning bed.
    Did you use no-flush niacin or regular niacin?
    Also, don't use the Niacinamide preperation of niacin. Its almost a completely different compound. Great for insulin sensitivity, but does little for the vasodilation your looking for. The only no flush niacin that is good is inositol Hexanate or inositol Hexanicotinate.

Which did you use?

hotrod1 is offline Associate Member
    thanx man i think it was the regular niacin but ill check.

elcapitan is offline Associate Member
    A little caution on the regular niacin (not nicinamide) prepared as extended release capsules. Whatever they use to make the extended release capsule is hard on your liver.

here's a quote from a website--- also a search on google or yahoo on extended release niacin and liver will pull quite a few results.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20001115/tips/5.html--
    The authors conclude that extended-release niacin taken at bedtime can effectively and safely treat mixed dyslipidemia. The dose response demonstrates a linear effect, with maximal benefit at a dosage of approximately 2,500 mg, although the maximum recommended dosage of extended-release niacin is 2,000 mg. Although some liver toxicity occurred, it was significantly less than that documented with older sustained-release niacin preparations, and there was no evidence of irreversible liver toxicity.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I just took 500mg today pre-wo, definitely increased vascularity. I got some serious niacin flush, but that's no big deal. I wonder if it helps get the CEE I took get into the muscles any faster. Also, does niacin really increase insulin sensitivity?

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ginkobulloba
    I just took 500mg today pre-wo, definitely increased vascularity. I got some serious niacin flush, but that's no big deal. I wonder if it helps get the CEE I took get into the muscles any faster. Also, does niacin really increase insulin sensitivity?
    Niacinamide can,but not other preperation of niacin. They are both technically B3, but they are so different that i consider them different vitamins. Its retarded to me why they even consider them the same. They should just call them different names, or call one B3 and one b4. Of course there is already a b4 vitamen, but they should just throw it it the line-up somewhere. B-16 maybe.

Hotrod,And yeah stay away from extended relaese niacin. I ment to mention that as well. Personally i would use the straight old regular niacin and build up to 1500.
    Take 750-1000mg at night when you go to bed. Raises GH, plus no-ones around to see you flush. For gh, take it with glutamine to spike it even further. You can get like 40% increase in gh from that combo. I have taken up to 1000mg at one time, but experts say not to go above 750 in one shot.
    Peace

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    No shit! That's some good info there, I will give it a try. Where did you get this info from? Not doubting you, just curious.

Thread Information