mfenske is offline Member

When is cardio too intense?

Do you think walking on the treadmill with an empty stomach first thing in the AM at like 3.4-3.5 MPH with an 8% incline would be too intense and burn muscle and not fat? Mark

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    I dont think its too intense. that works and i dont think it will burn muscles, I also dont think you need to go that fast. here is what i do. 2.5 at 10 to 12 incline. that works for me, whats your BF% ?and how long do you have IF ur preping for a comp? if your not preping for a comp, then whats the rush? take it a bit easier.

mfenske is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    I dont think its too intense. that works and i dont think it will burn muscles, I also dont think you need to go that fast. here is what i do. 2.5 at 10 to 12 incline. that works for me, whats your BF% ?and how long do you have IF ur preping for a comp? if your not preping for a comp, then whats the rush? take it a bit easier.
    I may try it inclined more but a bit slower. I am in the initial stages of prepping for a comp. I want to do one either this October or next April. I am leaning towards the April show. I currently stand at about 15% bodyfat (down from 19, was 30 something at 21). I am attempting to lean out a bit to see how long it takes for me to lean out. I want to then start to bulk from August till January and then cut for the show. BTW nice job with the NPC show. Mark

beyonddriven is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    I take it that is what you did for your comp? How far out did you begin to cut for the show? And at what body fat % were you when you started and when you took the stage? Thanks

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Depends on your heart rate....

Keep it between 65-75% of your MHR...

Thread Information