MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder

Weight Poll.. what's the must

Bros, for those of you who have competed, whats the most weight you have put on in the first week after your competition.
    i'll start.
    I've put on 40 lbs in 6 days.
    Last edited by MrMent1on; 04-26-2005 at 12:56 PM.

massff is offline Junior Member
    Holy Cow! That's some serious weight!

I'll let you know after next April...hopefully.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    WOW..i did 24lbs in 2 days and thought that was good...i bet you, your feet feel like they are made out of led...LOL...XXL

DieselNYC80 is offline Junior Member
    After my show in Nov i put on 30 lbs in 4 days... My body was killing me man.. I had shin splints and severe lower back pumps....

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    30 in 4 days for me as well...bloated and smooth as hell...this year Im not gonna get outta control

today make 44lbs in7 days, for sure my legs feel like led/weights, skin feel like its about to burst, lol. any idea or how long will it take for this bloat to go away ? tomorrow is my last day of pigging out. Monday start my clean bulk diet. 420 carbs/420 protein/90, fat thats 40/40/20. thinking of doing 50/30/20 but with this bloat I'm scared of getting too fat. any suggestions?

It took me about 3.5 weeks to loose the bloat, it takes a while...... You ate to much ****!! HAHAHA Anyway its worth it man you did great, so now just deal with looking like a bloated bastard for a little bit...Try eating a lot of esparegus..Helps piss out some water.. Keep the sodium low and keep the sugars out. The sugar will just keep giving you painfull pumps. Pump to the point of pain.... I can promise you'll be alright though....
    You have any pics from the show yet???

Quote Originally Posted by DieselNYC80
    It took me about 3.5 weeks to loose the bloat, it takes a while...... You ate to much ****!! HAHAHA Anyway its worth it man you did great, so now just deal with looking like a bloated bastard for a little bit...Try eating a lot of esparegus..Helps piss out some water.. Keep the sodium low and keep the sugars out. The sugar will just keep giving you painfull pumps. Pump to the point of pain.... I can promise you'll be alright though....
    You have any pics from the show yet???
    NO Man!!! No pictures from the Jr.USA yet, i'm still searching sites to download some pics. being that I went by myself, had no one to take pics.
    http://www.npcjrusa.com/results/index.html thats the link to the results, if this link doesn't work just put a search in for Results of 2005 NPC Jr.USA
    but as soon as I get my hands on some pictures I'll be posting them.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    holy sh!t how can someone put on weight so quickly.

GreenMachine--- The reason you gain so much is casue your body is stripped of fats and carbs and salts and once you start introducing them back in to your body you fill back up. Its a lot of water retention and also the muscle bellys getting full to the max.. And if you are still on gear you will have some bloat from that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENMACHINE
    holy sh!t how can someone put on weight so quickly.
    Its a new secret drug us bodybuilders have, here it is, you wanna gain 35 to 40lbs in one week? here is what you do. strip your body down to 4 to 5% BF. Compete in a competition, then starting that night, eat everything you can for 1 week, guranteed 40 lbs. I was not suppose to give that secret out to a none competitor but I figure what the heck, you seems like a nice guy. whatever you do, do not give this secret out until it works for you. I hope that helped.
    Last edited by MrMent1on; 04-24-2005 at 11:03 PM.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    Its a new secret drug us bodybuilders have, here it is, you wanna gain 35 to 40lbs in one week? here is what you do. strip your body down to 4 to 5% BF. Compete in a competition, then starting that night, eat everything you can for 1 week, guranteed 40 lbs. I was not suppose to give that secret out to a none competitor but I figure what the heck, you seems like a nice guy. whatever you do, do not give this secret out until it works for you. I hope that helped.
    So if I use carb dep/loading in contest prep. A week later I'll weight more than I've ever weighed in my Life. Hmm and I though juice was the only way to get big. Guess this explain why fad diet don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENMACHINE
    So if I use carb dep/loading in contest prep. A week later I'll weight more than I've ever weighed in my Life. Hmm and I though juice was the only way to get big. Guess this explain why fad diet don't work.
    The trick is to maintain your diet and SLOWLY introduce carbs and sugar back into your body to avoid that high bloat.

MrMent1on how u doing with the bloat?? Are you completly uncomfortable yet?? Where are you from man? The new york area?

kdtl61 is offline Junior Member
    You guys are talking about some crazy numbers here. If you had a show two weeks from now you would never had let yourself go so fast correct? So, why do you do it after you worked so hard to peel all that body fat off and you look so good?
    I have competed in a ton of shows and never put on more then 5 or 6 pounds the first week then a few the next and slowly come back to a healthy weight.
    My heart would blow up with 40 pounds in a week.
    I have many BB frineds that do the same thing. We have to remember it's not 40 pounds of fat. Often it tons of water being held do to the dyazide or whatever dry out drug that was used. I have found I have to pound the water for several days after the show to get it moving throught the body again.

I hope you drop back 15 or 20 pounds before the bulk starts.
    Good luck moving up in your weight class,
    K

Quote Originally Posted by kdtl61
    You guys are talking about some crazy numbers here. If you had a show two weeks from now you would never had let yourself go so fast correct? So, why do you do it after you worked so hard to peel all that body fat off and you look so good?
    I have competed in a ton of shows and never put on more then 5 or 6 pounds the first week then a few the next and slowly come back to a healthy weight.
    My heart would blow up with 40 pounds in a week.
    I have many BB frineds that do the same thing. We have to remember it's not 40 pounds of fat. Often it tons of water being held do to the dyazide or whatever dry out drug that was used. I have found I have to pound the water for several days after the show to get it moving throught the body again.

I hope you drop back 15 or 20 pounds before the bulk starts.
    Good luck moving up in your weight class,
    K
    You are 100% correct. I did 3 shows and I never let myself go. the first show was march 19 then march 26 then april 16 and not once did I let myself go I only ate the day after each show then went right back on my diet. however that was 4 months of not eating my desired food, so once i got that chance, I indulged and now its hard to stop. This was my first competition and no one warned me of this, therefore it was a learning experience. But you can bet when I do my next to competitions in november i will not allow this to happen.

MrMent1on how u doing with the bloat?? Are you completly uncomfortable yet?? Where are you from man? The new york area?
    My freaking feet kills me, my feet seems like it went up one size. Yes totally uncomfortable. I wish i knew of this, no one warned me. well i know for next time. started to cut my sugar and high glycemics today. weight today is 218lbs. lol, thats 46lbs. I'm in Queens, where are you from?

Im from the city man, i train at Steel. You doing Nationals in Nov?

Im from the city man, i train at Steel. You doing Nationals in Nov?
    so you should know carlos, yes I'm doing the nationals november as well. I'm moving up to light heavy. I have to starve myself too much for middle weight, too many no carbs days. I need a little 100 to 150 grams of carbs throughout my diet. what do you think?

Yeah i know carlos. We competed in the Eastern States together. You should never do no carb days..Think about cycling your carbs from high low. Should be more effective that way

Yeah i know carlos. We competed in the Eastern States together. You should never do no carb days..Think about cycling your carbs from high low. Should be more effective that way
    Yes I know but i was coming from 14% BF and was afraid that i might not have made it. but know its a different story, carbs all the way thru. I just back from the gym, I did back and hamstrings and WOW there goes that severe back pump. I couldnt finish stiff leg deadlift. cant wait to get over this bloat.... never again.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Most i've put on is 33 lbs in 3 days

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    Why is it like this you guys? The up and downs being so extreme for competitors?...It almost makes it sound like no one can look almost that good year round...thats kind of a downer

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    You can look 'good' year-round...

What we do to avheive peak condition for a contest isn't required by the average individual to 'look good' year round.

Competing is an extreme. We carb and sodium deplete and load etc. to get the driest look possible. It isn't possible to maintain that extreme condition year-round...

But to stay otherwise lean IS acheivable.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    yea I knew it would be insane to stay that way all year, just seems like a fine line between stayin lean and losin muscle, maybe? thanks for the info though. I always wondered about that

Death is offline Junior Member
    After my first competition, and then had another in two weeks time, i completed that and went totally crazy with my junk food intake. Im not proud of this but i put on 24 kilos (53 pounds) in a week and a half. Side effects suffered were, not being able to walk with ease (out of breath just answering the front door), shin splints, constant nausea and erratic heart beat(pulpitations). I was a sick boy and went to the doctor to go on an ECG machine. The doctor advised me to reduce my sodium and fat intake, stop eating blocks of chocolate in the middle of the night, and keep flushing my system with water. I could press my finger into my ankle region and see how much water i was holding.....I will never do that to myself again.

This is a learning experience. this will never happen to me again either, the trick I've learned is to keep on your clen and possibly have a diuretic on hand. slowly introduce high sodium foods back into the body.. Trust me for all the bros whom this never happened to before, its not a nice feeling. most of us learn from our first experience.

Rebelgrl is offline Female Member
    This year I had a show in May. I binged on food for 3 days. I was all swallowed with water, I had palpitations, face like a round moon and I was feeling miserable. After three days of pigging out I decided I hate myself like that, I think I gained maybe 14-16 lbs in 3 days, so what I did I took a mild diuretic, ate like 3000 calories but clean, no sugars, no salt-40/40/20. Also, for 4 days I did cardio with lotsa clothes on. I took out all the water in 4 days. The 5th day after I start this I was only 2 lbs more then my contest weight.
    I am having another contest in 6 weeks and I have been dieting since February. I don't think I can stop only after 3 days of eating I am too depleted, craving all days and nights....but who knows....maybe the post-contest depression will be that big seing myself bloated again, that I will sacrifice....
    Cheers!

Thread Information