KBZ
    KBZ is offline Associate Member

9 Days Out, COMPLETELY Unready!! Help?!

Hey, long story short, I'm 9 days out from my first comp and completely unready.

I haven't really been carb depleting, I tried that before and lost too much muscle. I run every morning on empty, then eat pro/fat an hour later, then I have usually two carb pro meals, workout, and then another carb pro meal, with a pro fat meal before bed.
    Now to optimize the next 9 days, should I carb deplete, and then carb up 2 days before or what? What about sodium?
    (where is swole's old guide at?)

UNIMPORTANT BACKSTORY
    My life has been crappy lately (girl I love went crazy and slutted out and hates me, parents are going bankrupt, bla bla bla) so I haven't been 100% lately, but I'm still a teen and I want to complete in a naturals contest. I'm not like huge by any means, but apparently everyone says I'm on 'roids, which is a compliment at first, but when girls dump me 'cause they don't want to be a juicer and everyone "knows" I juice and I can't trust my own "friends" to back me up, then it gets freaking annoying. So it's a big deal for me to do a naturals comp. I'm 19 like I said, and can compete in the teens category so I have a much better shot.

I've been *trying to cut for competition for like 2 months, running alot, every morning on an empty stomach and whatnot, but haven't cut a *whole* lot of weight. As I was drinking heavily too (I've been like way depressed).
    I'm close to comp, I already paid for it a while ago, and am like gonna be around 8% bf
    Good news is, the other teens are ALL in the 150-160 range, and I'm 195. So I will have a huge huge size advantage, I just won't be quite as ripped. P

wheres your comp??? hayward?

Lmg2701 is offline Junior Member
    As far as teen compeitions go......much more important to be a ripped 160 than 195 at 8%.

At that bf% you may be disappointed as to where you end up placing, if I were you I'd focus more on the family aspect and get things straight there and then come back to the bodybuilding thing when you can devote a lot more time and dedication to it. Bodybuilding is a very unique sport, it takes complete dedication and a whole lot of time. That's why you don't see many people doing it and that's also why you see that not everyone who does it looks like they should've done it. If you only started dieting 8 weeks ago and there's 9 days left that puts your total diet around 9 weeks.....Unless you're naturally pretty lean I don't think that's enough time to get a true bodybuilding diet in place. What does your diet look like now and what has it been looking like throughout?

DieselNYC80 is offline Junior Member
    Let me tell you bro, commiting yourself to do a show is a big task. If you are gonna run the gauntlet of contest prep you need to be 100% focused. You should be doing it for your self and not becasue you are trying to prove something to someone. Bro ill be the first to tell you that breaking up with a girl SUX especially if you love her. But you have to remember what you are worth and not let yourself go to the roadside. If you want to concentrate on doing the show as a way to focus on something else so you dont worry about your ongoing problems, fine butjust make sure you are doing it for yourself. Dieting sux there are no two ways about it. I would hate to see you get on stage when you really are not ready and get a bad first impression of competing. Can you post any pics, or you can PM with pics, ill give you my honest opinion

KBZ
    KBZ is offline Associate Member
    Well I appreciate the responses, but if you'd just tell me how to optimize the next week then I'd appreciate it. I'll go at it as if I'm going to do it for sure and I'm going to see how much water I cut and the day of the show I'm going to decide whether I do it or not.

Thread Information