Thread: 6 foot 4 inch

TallB4Small is offline Junior Member

6 foot 4 inch

I understand the chances of me ever competing and being successful at 6'4 arent good because of my height, but given that, what would my weight need/have to be at to be in a novice/amateur competition. Im not talking natural, but im also not talking professional level either.
    I would appreciate ANYONES advice, but i would also love to hear from of the taller guys out there that have competed and their stats....
    THANKS!

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    i think for 6'4 u should be atleast 255-265 at 5% bodyfat.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    All depends upon your body structure. If you have small joints, etc, you wouldn't have to weigh alot to "appear" large, however, if you are thick and blocky, then yes. Hard to say. . .

Bump, any tall BB's out there?

man i was thinking 300lbs... haha 265 is definately attainable! im at about 248 right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    All depends upon your body structure. If you have small joints, etc, you wouldn't have to weigh alot to "appear" large, however, if you are thick and blocky, then yes. Hard to say. . .
    I think the bones/joints in my upper body are alot smaller than those in my lower body.... if thats possible?
    I have large knees and hip bones IMO... they dont look disproportional, but at the same time, i think they are large.

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    For amatuer for I would say atleast 265 under 6% bf but if wanted to go professional you better get to around 320. Which would be crazy loooking.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    @ 248, How lean are you?

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    I've come to find that with amatuer shows the rule of 10lbs an Inch applies for example, 6`4 - 265lbs, 6`3 255lbs, 6`2, 245lbs, 6`1, 235lbs, 6, 225lbs, 5`11 215lbs, 5`10, 205lbs, 5`9, 195, 5`8, 185lbs etc... These are the weights that I find "Most" guys at these heights aim to be ripped at... Of course there are exception to every rule when you see a guy who is 5`6 weighing 200 ripped... Amatuer shows now are like Pro shows from the early 80's

Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    @ 248, How lean are you?
    Right now im at about 10% bf, and 246 lbs as of today.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    When I get to 255 @ 6%BF I'll change my SN to 63255

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    ahhhh thats what it is.

Im 6 3 about 240 at about 10% or so, not sure (fukin hope so tho)

tall bodybuilders have to be AT LEAST 275 to compete IMO.. BUT it depends on where it is... sometimes some smaller people just look bigger depending on shape.. so, its all relative to where it is and what the condition of the muscle is.

If you have a huge chest and everything else is relative, but your chest is HUGE, it makes you look bigger. say 2 lbs of chest muscle. Take that two pounds off your chest and put it on your back or legs or disperse it all over and you dont look as SHAPELY, you know?

so, its all about visual aspects not weight really, but you have to be up there to hang

Does anyone know who the tallest Pro is today?
    Is it Gunter? hes only 6'1, if im correct?
    and hes 300+ lbs

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Lou Ferrigno was very tall and his physique was amazing! I think he was 6'5". So make him the role model for yourself and good luck bro!

MJ

How do you think ferrigno would fair nowadays? he was 275 - 300lbs...

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TallB4Small
    Does anyone know who the tallest Pro is today?
    Is it Gunter? hes only 6'1, if im correct?
    and hes 300+ lbs
    I think so because the guy most talk about being 6'6 350 I would say him but he is not a pro I think. And I think for how tall gunter is he should be 15 pounds heavier.

mule1983 is offline Associate Member
    chris cook is pretty tall i think... something like 6'3 or 6'4 i think but everytime i see his picture lately he is bigger and bigger so i dont know what he weighs probably at about 275 in contest.

mfenske is offline Member
    www.quincytaylor.com Big QT is 6'4"
    http://www.toneyfreeman.com/ Toney is 6'2"
    Also Noah Steere is 6'6" if I remember correctly. Mark

SooJuiced is offline Junior Member
    im 6'2" 235lbs at around 7-9% and i have no hope in hell of ever being a ronnie coleman, i have the genetics to, but judging will always lean towards the shorter dudes... its too bad...

Unoid is offline Member
    I'm not sure but I'm 6-4, age 22. I'm 244lbs at 9%bf.
    When I reach 255lbs at 6% I'll enter amatuer competitions.
    Last edited by Unoid; 10-10-2005 at 09:22 PM.

lcpl kill is offline Associate Member
    im 5'10' and got up to 250 with about 12-14% body fat and i thought i looked small. weight isnt everything imo you can weigh 300lbs but that doesnt mean youll be well developed. mass with class is hard to obtain

shadow maker is offline New Member
    I think the biggest one is Greg Kovacs at 6'4" 400lbs from canada he is the biggest BB

give the man a break

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    i think for 6'4 u should be atleast 255-265 at 5% bodyfat.
    Let's be real here. Being 6'4 and putting on serious mass can be tough, and merely filling out such a frame to appear "normal" is very tough. Be happy with what you have. Look at some pro wrestlers today like matt hardy and Test...their builds will never allow them to attain bodybuilderesque physiques no matter how much mass they put on, though they are strong and good looking guys...I mean Test weighs 280 @ 6'7 and next to Steiner is a string bean. At 6'4, you should simply try to attain a natural, healthy looking physique, or a shitload of test, deca , and GH

Quote Originally Posted by shadow maker
    I think the biggest one is Greg Kovacs at 6'4" 400lbs from canada he is the biggest BB
    Kovaks weighs 350-360 at most

If he ever weighs over 400, it's just "oil weight" from synthol

meathead320 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FeldMarshellPotter
    Let's be real here. Being 6'4 and putting on serious mass can be tough, and merely filling out such a frame to appear "normal" is very tough. Be happy with what you have. Look at some pro wrestlers today like matt hardy and Test...their builds will never allow them to attain bodybuilderesque physiques no matter how much mass they put on, though they are strong and good looking guys...I mean Test weighs 280 @ 6'7 and next to Steiner is a string bean. At 6'4, you should simply try to attain a natural, healthy looking physique, or a shitload of test, deca , and GH

Test is NOT 6'7", or even close to 280 pounds, not for his leanest any way. Most pro wrestlers stats are exagerated. Some by as much at 4 inches, always at least 2 inches. All listed height are with boots on, and then they add on as much weight as they can get by with.

When Noah was doing some wrestling training for WWE in UPW, a training camp for the WWE, they listed him at 6'10" and 380+ pounds. He is actually just a hair under 6'7", and at the time weighed around 300 pounds. Several years later he actually did get up to 345, but that is besides the point.

Do NOT go by the listed heights and weights of Pro Wrestlers, they are all grossly exaggerated.

Thread Information