Big Ev is offline New Member

My first competition(w/pics)

Hey everyone just finished my first competition on sunday...figured i'd post some pics see what everyone thinks. As far as stats go i'm 20 years old, 5'8" tall and weighed in at 194lbs for the show. I placed fourth in the show feel free to give me any critiques. In the group pics im the one on the right in the blue trunks with the shaved head.

Was gonna post the pics here, but the images are too large i guess so here is a link to my mom's site where she has them set up for slideshow view.

My pics

the password to get in is malas once in, just click on Evan and u can see the pics. Email me if ur having trouble.
    Last edited by Big Ev; 05-23-2005 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Pictures not working

YVR
    YVR is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

Excellent work...

I'm no expert but i'd say one part you could focus a little more attention on would be the quads...the other guys in the photos look a little more ripped in that area..then again it could be the posing ?

jmo

ddoublevision is offline Associate Member
    I second that, good job overall though. First competition is good for testing the waters, now you'll what to expect.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    what are ur stats. if i had to critique i would say quads,hams chest and shoulders. if u dont mind answering, have u cycled?

Not really sure on my measurements as i haven't had them done recently and i have cycled. This was my second cycle. Before dieting it consisted of:
    1000mg sustanon /enananthate
    300mg deca
    50mg/day dbol
    4iu/day fitropin gh
    20iu/day humalog insulin

Once i started my contest diet it consisted of:
    600mg test propionate
    300mg masteron
    400mg equipoise
    50mg/day winstrol depot
    4iu/day fitropin gh
    20iu/day humalog insulin.
    Last edited by Big Ev; 05-24-2005 at 07:42 AM. Reason: grammatical error

Lmg2701 is offline Junior Member
    Ok, I'm going to be honest with you bro, you were off by 4 or so weeks of dieting. You could definitely have come in a lot harder. With the doses and some of the substances you're using you're not leaving yourself room to add much to the arsenal later. In closing for being 20 you have some good size. keep going at it and good luck in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lmg2701
    Ok, I'm going to be honest with you bro, you were off by 4 or so weeks of dieting. You could definitely have come in a lot harder. With the doses and some of the substances you're using you're not leaving yourself room to add much to the arsenal later. In closing for being 20 you have some good size. keep going at it and good luck in the future.
    yeah i have to agree with him, i think u should cut down a little more. i didnt know u were 20, imo u look real good for u age.

I know i didn't come in quite at my best. Actually I have really had my sights on the New Englands in 2006 for about two years. I really didn't want that to be my first show since that was what I was shooting for winning so I saw this show as a good opportunity. It was announced late so I started my diet later than I plan to for next year, fortunately I stay pretty lean year round and wasn't that far off when I started the diet. As far as my doses go I may be using a lot of stuff for my age, but I think that my body reflects that...though I am open to any suggestions or ideas.

chest, shoulders and legs, like i said before. when in 2006 is the show?

It will be the New Englands during the first or second week of May. So basically I have roughly a year to get everything where I want it to be. I've already begun my training for it and am already back on my off season gear. I know some people who know the kid to my right who won the overall as well as my class, and he was using a ton of gear(about 2 1/2 to three times my amount)...also it should be noted that he is only 21. So I've upped my dosages and plan on training harder than ever and eating a higher amount of calories...lets see what happens.

As far as my current cycle im using:

1500mg sustanon
    600mg deca
    25mg/day anadrol (which I will gradually increase to 100mg/day)
    6iu/day jintropin hgh

After a few more weeks I will add in 20ius/day of humalog, but I want to give my pancreas a break for a little while so I don't turn diabetic.

Lmg2701 is offline Junior Member
    If you have to use those types of dosages to compete in a show for your first or second show........you definitely don't have to worry about making bodybuilding a career.

Personally I think you need to do a bit more research into the anabolic part of it. Diet is key....that cannot be said enough. So many people rely on gear to fix their problems when most of the time if their diet was right they wouldnt need nearly as much as they take. You're 20 years old and your doses look like that......I think you should find the person who told you to run a cycle like that and hit them with a bat. By the way, out of curiousity do you ever get blood work done? I'd love to see you check your cholestorol levels and liver enzymes after this cycle.

I'm not flaming you here bro, but it's things like this, i.e. people at age 20 using dosages like this that start to give anabolics a bad name. With increased dosages comes increased side effects. It's your body though, you do what you want with it.

Believe me I do take into account my overall health and well being, and I do get my bloodwork done on a regular basis. My blood pressure is only moderately high, and my liver enzymes are slightly elevated. I see a nutritionist on a regular basis to make sure I'm eating what I need to eat in order to acheive what I'm looking to do.

Despite the fact that I am young, I am not however an idiot. With each and every cycle I always pay close attention to my body. Should I have any negative reactions to my gear I will decrease my dosages. To date I have NO negative side effects save a slightly receded hair line.

As for my using higher amounts of gear to compensate for other areas, I pay for someone to monitor my foods, therefore I don't mess around with it. Also, I train harder than anyone I know in the 19 gyms around me. Finally, I have the money to experiment with my dosages, so I do so that I am able to acheive what I want...if this current cycle yields no more results than my last, then why would I keep it at higher levels.

The advice that I heed council with is from three different national level competitors, and so far they have all steered me in the right direction.

daos is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev
    Believe me I do take into account my overall health and well being, and I do get my bloodwork done on a regular basis. My blood pressure is only moderately high, and my liver enzymes are slightly elevated. I see a nutritionist on a regular basis to make sure I'm eating what I need to eat in order to acheive what I'm looking to do.

Despite the fact that I am young, I am not however an idiot. With each and every cycle I always pay close attention to my body. Should I have any negative reactions to my gear I will decrease my dosages. To date I have NO negative side effects save a slightly receded hair line.

As for my using higher amounts of gear to compensate for other areas, I pay for someone to monitor my foods, therefore I don't mess around with it. Also, I train harder than anyone I know in the 19 gyms around me. Finally, I have the money to experiment with my dosages, so I do so that I am able to acheive what I want...if this current cycle yields no more results than my last, then why would I keep it at higher levels.

The advice that I heed council with is from three different national level competitors, and so far they have all steered me in the right direction.
    sounds to me like you know what your doing.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    i think you did vary well for your first competition.. congratulations...and good luck in new england....i really think your shoulders need some more work and the quads..later

CrazyKC is offline Associate Member
    Looking good for first competition keep up the good work!

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    First off much respect for getting on stage!

You were off on stage as you well know, you looked like you would have placed higher if you had better conditioning. Calves are good and so is overall size, i would work on the delts tho to increace your appearance of width. Well done for doing it tho.
    I'm going to be doing my first comp in about 4 weeks which has made me realise unless someone is dieting down, trying to master the poses, prep for the contest etc they cant really apreciate how tough, both mentally and physically it is. So again well done for doing it.

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Cool

Personally I think you need to do a bit more research into the anabolic part of it. Diet is key....that cannot be said enough. So many people rely on gear to fix their problems when most of the time if their diet was right they wouldnt need nearly as much as they take. You're 20 years old and your doses look like that......I think you should find the person who told you to run a cycle like that and hit them with a bat. By the way, out of curiousity do you ever get blood work done? I'd love to see you check your cholestorol levels and liver enzymes after this cycle.
    I'm not flaming you here bro, but it's things like this, i.e. people at age 20 using dosages like this that start to give anabolics a bad name. With increased dosages comes increased side effects. It's your body though, you do what you want with it.

What he^ said...dude, you are not as smart as you think....Yes, your doses are too high, NO, your not being given real good advice on dieting...Once again, no flame intended, but cant you see how many people are telling you to do your homework some more???

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    pics arent there?

beast N°1 is offline Junior Member
    not trying to diss you, but if I had good help fom dietists and prof BB and they put me on half the gear your using , even without the GH i would do pritty damn fine. BB isn't about gear , it's about training and developing your body with your own knowledge an yes some AAS, but not the whole bunch your taking. if you keep using like your doing now at this age, you will be destroyed by age 25.

warlock is offline Associate Member
    You look really good for your 1st show and for your age. Keep it up.

where did you compete?

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    your waist looks far too thick, there is no taper. improve side delts and lats tho n should be ok. look alittle soft but u know that. fair play to you lad, doing well, i agree with the other guys on what you are using. far too much in my opinion, ud get the same results using much lower dosages. good luck

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    your waist looks far too thick, there is no taper. improve side delts and lats tho n should be ok. look alittle soft but u know that. fair play to you lad, doing well, i agree with the other guys on what you are using. far too much in my opinion, ud get the same results using much lower dosages. good luck
    Thread date: 05-24-2005 12:52 AM

Your reply: Yesterday 04:23 PM

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    haha never noticed the date, ah well, no harm done

ThePump is offline Member
    nice work man... you could do a bit more dieting or cutting a week or so before you started last time. the legs man... they are nice and thick but got hardly any definition. great job on your hard work though man... it's all a learning experience

Thread Information