Thread: training

scotsman is offline New Member

Question training

hello guys i want to no for someone starting again do you think it is best to lift heavy with low reps one body part a week or lighter with higher reps and one body part 2or 3 times a week. can you train the same body part 2or 3 times in the first 6 months with out over training as it would be like being a beginner all over again i was thinking of a cut down full body with compound lifts like maybe squats ,bench,rows, pullups, dips,shoulder press,abs ,bis tris for something like 2sets of 10 to 15 with moderate weight,instead of heavy 5 sets 3to 5 what do you guys think all help wellcome.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I like Dogcrapp type of training and/or POF training, they are both low volume, do a search on these type of training to see what they are all about...i think volume training creates to much stress and is counterproductive...XXL

kdtl61 is offline Junior Member
    I would just suggest if you are starting a 5 day a week training schedule you hit one body part per day. 45 minutes and you are out of the gym.
    Mon- chest
    Tues- back
    wed. off/ abs
    Thurs- shoulders
    Fri. off /abs
    Sat. arms
    Sun- legs.
    This happens to be my schedule.
    Train in the 8 to 12 rep range. Making 10 reps your standard. Don't waste your time hitting a body part3 days a week. You will never train hard enough to make any gains.

Good luck and welcome back,
    kdtl61

Thread Information