KBZ
    KBZ is offline Associate Member

7 Day Leanness Questions, Diuretics, Training.... and Advice? Help Please :)

Hey long story short I have to cut my sodium loading down from 3 days to just 2, I got a day behind, so hopefully it won't hurt me too bad.

Here, http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459329 is my reference
    But I had a few questions, on 3-4 days out, it doesn't mention lifting at all, do I lift or even pose at all on these days?
    And for diuretics, what's good? Is that diurex at wal-mart any good that cost like 4$?

And one more thing, let's say my contest is at noon on contest day, when should I pump up? And let's say I wake up at 9, what should I eat between waking and contest? And any advice on staying pumped? (Long story short it's going to be a beach party the day before I was planning to compete, but the contest is out of state and because of the hard times right now I can't afford the gas, hotel, drug test, polygraph, and the entry and card fees right now so this Friday beach party is going to be my freakin contest dangit!!!)

kdtl61 is offline Junior Member
    So, why are you wasting ours and your time writing this post?
    Go party at the beach and blow all your hard work. Are there any shows closer to you that maybe you could hold out for?

KBZ
    Hey, what I'm trying to say is this beach party is my new "contest" I'm going to use it for practice. I will use this day to be my ultimate leanness for practice. The only other shows in my state are in October and November and I'm going to hit those for sure.

And hey, just because I cut water and get ready for contest it isn't going to put me way behind or anything is it? I mean it's just 4 days off lifting, and I'll need like 2 days to get back to my normal sodium water habits and I'll be right back on track again, right? I've been told by many I need a practice time or two of contest prep anyways, that way I'm ready for my first real show.

Anyways, I don't need to lift the last three days? What about posing? And finally, what's a good way to pump and stay pumped at a beach?

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    It would not be worth it for a beach party. . .

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Yes it can screw you up doing a practive esspecially the diuretics, you might possible hold water for 4-6 weeks after...diuretic use is very difficult to master, if you going to do the practice run do it without the diuretics...cut your water no more then 12 hours before the practice show and then start drinking water like crazy right after, also get pediliate (sp) (hydration formula for young kids) you can get it at wal-mart...and drink a liter or two of that right after the show, it will help you restore your electrolytes...peace...and good luck...XXL

KBZ
    hmmmm, is dandelion and b-6 still harmful? I guess hopefully the carb-up and just lowering my water (without diuretics) will be good enough. bah. So just stop drinking water 12 hours before and that's it?

Yes drink as much as you can until the point at which you cut it out, then stop drinking all together, that is your safest bet...when is the second show after the beach thing...XXL

KBZ
    The next contest is in October, and then there's another in November. I HAVE to hit these though, as I turn 20 in October and won't be able to compete in the teen category. I actually did sign up for one on May 14th, paid all my fees but then backed out because I didn't have ANY posing experience and wasn't show ready. However, everyone told me I should have done it anyways, the other competitors weren't that good I heard, except for the winner of the teens who was SHREDDED, but only about 150 pounds. I however, would have been in there not quite as lean (around 9%? where he was 6-7%) but about 42 pounds on the first place winner, and not only that, but the heaviest teen competed at about 160. They said it would have been interesting to see how it would have turned out, because I had so much mass over him, but I just wasn't quite as lean. (BUT, in naturals comps they usually prefer even the slightest bit more leanness to size)

But anyways, I'm still 100% prohormone and steroid free, so I'm still NGA legal, and still a teen so I have some pretty good odds. Bodybuilding is my life and I work harder than anyone I know, in the gym, and with my diet and research as well. I do have my diet and excercise down decently, it's just contest specific stuff and contest prep that I don't have down which like anything else, requires practice and I almost jumped into a show too fast. I will hit the gear but I'll wait til the right time. I want to get everything more than 100%, naturally plateau in strength, size, and cuts, and then use gear to it's full potential and do just even that much better.

But anyways, I'll just carb up and cut a little water for the friday beach party, I've never really done it so it will be a learning experience, but it'll be worth it though, there's going to be a couple hundred kids there, for graduation, but I'm not going to go too drastic because I'm going to get right back into my lifting to eradicate my weaker points for the fall contests coming up and I guess a too drastic water deplete would throw me out of wack for my normal diet, running, and lifting patterns.

thanks

Now any tips for getting a pump and keeping it? Should I still eat some higher GI carbs as I head to the beach (suggestions? eh?)? And what about keeping vascularity?
    thanks for any tips

If your next show is not untill oCtober or November then you can go ahead and use diuretics and whatever means neccessary, you'll be fine...you have a lot of time to recover your condition...peace...XXL

Thread Information