Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: CARB UP, FAT LOAD, WATER all explained and planned out for you

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER

CARB UP, FAT LOAD, WATER all explained and planned out for you

Here is a lil’ article about how I do and would carb up for safest & most predictable results;
    One week out your show you need to determine how depleted/flat you are, if you are very depleted you will have to start your carb up Monday afternoon, if you are not too bad you can start Tuesday afternoon. My choices of foods are Oatmeal, Chicken & steak. For all food choices I would pick whatever you have been eating leading up to the show, at this point you do not want to introduce anything new and cause any kind of shock or allergic reaction which will make you hold water. So if you ate potatoes, chicken and peanut butter that would be your choices.
    So here it goes:
    Monday before the show, train half your body, higher reps in the 12-15 range, 6-8 sets per body part, in a 2-0-2 tempo, nice controlled raps, also use comfortable weights, nothing too heavy, at this point you will not be getting any bigger anyway, and DO NOT TRAIN LEGS ANY MORE, just upper body.
    Tuesday afternoon, for me it’s 5:30pm train the other half of your body same way as Monday:
    Right after training 7:00pm consume 100-120gm of carbs from simple sugars, my choice here is natural rice cakes.
    9:00 60gm of carbs coming from oatmeal
    11:00 40gm of carbs coming from oatmeal
    Now onto Wednesday, total carbs for this day should be 450gm, each meal is eaten with 2-3oz of chicken and 1-2oz of steak, or 2-3oz of chicken and ½ tablespoon of peanut butter. I do not respond well to peanut butter so I do not use it. Maybe I have an allergy. Divide all of that into 7 meals and you are ready to go. Decrease your carbs as you go through the day, for example if your first meal is 80gm of carbs, your last one should be 20gm of carbs, and all other somewhere in between 80-20gm.
    Thursday all the same rules apply as on Wednesday, just the total carbs is 350gm.
    Friday once again all the same rules except 250gm of carbs.
    Water intake is as high as you can go; drink as much as you can 2 gallons a day should be more then enough. On Friday drink 1 to 1-1/2 gallons by 5:00pm (or the time that would represent 18 hours before the pre-judging for your show). At 4:00pm take your first diuretic, I prefer Dyazide or Aldectazide as they are potassium sparing and still are very effective, so the chances of getting into trouble are very small. I take 25-50mg of once of those diuretics 1 hour before cutting my water. Around midnight or 1:00am I will check my condition and depending on my appearance I will either skip the additional diuretics or take 25mg and go to sleep.
    Saturday of the show, I take 12.5mg-25mg of diuretic just to keep me dry, more or less precautionary reasons.
    In the morning of the show I fat load, at this point all bets are off and you can eat whatever it is you are craving, for me its egg omelet, hash browns, toast with jam, donuts, cherry Danishes, basically anything that has simple carbs and fat in it is good for you at this point, remember to get drastic results and hardness as well as vascularity you must use drastic measures, that’s why all that junk food, don’t worry with no water you wil not spill over, after that meal just cruse through eating oatmeal and chicken and steak. I feel this is a very safe and effective way to carb and fat load that will make you look hard, dry and full, if you are going to follow this advice, fallow it to the “t” otherwise your results will not be optimal. Any question post below and I will try to get to the soon…peace…XXL
    mishadahippie likes this.

juicyr6 is offline Junior Member
    some people call that aproach the "sh*tloading".
    how do u compare this to the traditional 3 day carb loading (low gi that is)?

Yes it is a veriation of shitloading, with a traditionl style carb up in the begining of the week...i believe that fat loading with junk food on Saturday before the show is extremely effective and will almost always bring a person in looking tight, hard and dry...it is a better way of doing things the the traditional carb up, i feel 90% of people will react well to this "sh1tloading" approch...XXL

diesel21 is offline Member
    sounds good maybe i'll try this, i def spilled over last time... we'll see... bump on the carb up.. i also only heard of doing that for like 3 days, whats the difference?

and also, i usually never cut out my pwo1 and 2, so thats like 90 carbs while cutting and also a 30 gram carb from oatmeal in the morning... would it be better to get rid of the morning carb spike? i only do this cause i do hard labor so i figure it can't really hurt, thanx ahead

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    nice Mike.

Diesel...i'd drop the morning oatmeal...in favour of a pro-fat meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    nice Mike.

Diesel...i'd drop the morning oatmeal...in favour of a pro-fat meal.
    I should add...that's what i'm doing now...and i'm the middle of my contest prep

anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member
    in the last post i asked, (ref: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...light=fat+load) it said that fat loading meal was done 4 hours after cutting water. but in this post you said it was the morning of the show. so i'm a little confused?

Dyazide or Aldectazide, are these legal or on the AR products site? i have only used taraxaton, lol
    thanx

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicwannabe
    in the last post i asked, (ref: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...light=fat+load) it said that fat loading meal was done 4 hours after cutting water. but in this post you said it was the morning of the show. so i'm a little confused?
    I have since experimented some more and i feel this is better way to go...XXL
    Last edited by MIKE_XXL; 06-23-2005 at 02:49 PM.

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel21
    Dyazide or Aldectazide, are these legal or on the AR products site? i have only used taraxaton, lol
    thanx

No...a script usually is needed...do a google search...

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    I have since experimented some more and i feel this is better way to go...XXL
    but what if i fat load the day before using the previous approach AND on the morning itself? will it be too much? and is bacon considered a good source for fat loading? i was gonna get steak and fries and cheesecake but if i'm gonna fat load the morning itself i'm gonna have a hard time getting my hands on those

but what if i fat load the day before using the previous approach AND on the morning itself? will it be too much? and is bacon considered a good source for fat loading? i was gonna get steak and fries and cheesecake but if i'm gonna fat load the morning itself i'm gonna have a hard time getting my hands on those
    You will be safer and have less chance of spilling over if you fat load on Saturday only, and the traditional carb up leading up to the show...and for breakfast i would have steak and eggs...i am assuming bacon would be alright but i am not 100% sure...also instead of cheesecake i would recomend some donuts, maybe KrispyCreams...i have since stayed away from dairy products for fat loads...good luck...XXL

thanks for clearing that up. well is there a limit to how much you should fat load? like maybe 1g per pound of bodyweight or..?

and preferably how many hours before the show? my show starts at 10am and i'm in the lightest category so i should be on stage around 10-10.15 provided no delays.

Start around 6:00am...eat till you are full, do not stuff yourself as you might get a distanded belly if you eat to much, so eat, get full, stop and wait....enjoy!
    XXL

then do i have to do another fatload before the night show? i know that the meals in between you said to take steak, oatmeal and chicken. but would the effect of the fatload in the morning wear off by evening?

oh and if i fat load at 6am with one meal, i should have another meal at 9am since i eat every three hours. what's good with that meal? would i have to stick with steak oatmeal and chicken? or can i eat some chocolates to give me that extra energy right before i go on stage?

You can eat some more sh1t food as the second meal (9:00am)...and if you like you can either hold of till after the show to eat sh1tty foods again or you can load again before night show, that's will have to be your decision, if you are full in the evening i would recomend skipping fatloading, but if you feel you could still get tighter, fuller and harder then it's worth a try...good luck...XXL

alright thanks bro. do you have a list of possible foods for fat loading?

so far what i've gathered is fries, steak, possibly bacon though not 100%, chocolates.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Hey Mike,

1) What do you think about chocolate filled donuts on contest day? Or just chocolate in general?

2)For your shitloading in general, do you always stick to fat/sugar stuff like donuts, McGriddles, etc., or do you ever use just sugar stuff like gummy bears?

3)I'm also curious how far out you cut out supplements, like multi-vitamins, whey protein shakes, etc.

4) What type of water do you drink during the week of the contest; distilled, spring, tap?

5) When is your last day of cardio before the show?

6) What time is your last shitload meal before going on stage?

7) Do you sip or eat anything within perhaps 30 min of going on stage? (Water, honey, wine?)

kdtl61 is offline Junior Member
    Mike,
    I really like what you layed out above. It looks safe for most all body builders to try. The biggest factor everyone must remember is you can not drink water only sip as needed. Once you add water to Mikes plan you are screwed and bloated. When he says follow to a T he means it.
    Mike I was also glad to see you have suggest guys start carbing up early in the week. I have found that to be so true. Any man that has been training and cardioing like a fool is going to be depleted if he is eating under 100 carbs a day for any length of time. I feel strongly about this. I see it time and time again. Everyone says how great they looked two days after the show. Just so we all understand there is no judging being done two days after the show. Carb up early and stay full going into your show.

Mike you have made a difficult process very simple for us all.
    Thank you,
    kdtl61

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    Hey Mike,

1) What do you think about chocolate filled donuts on contest day? Or just chocolate in general?

2)For your shitloading in general, do you always stick to fat/sugar stuff like donuts, McGriddles, etc., or do you ever use just sugar stuff like gummy bears?

3)I'm also curious how far out you cut out supplements, like multi-vitamins, whey protein shakes, etc.

4) What type of water do you drink during the week of the contest; distilled, spring, tap?

5) When is your last day of cardio before the show?

6) What time is your last shitload meal before going on stage?

7) Do you sip or eat anything within perhaps 30 min of going on stage? (Water, honey, wine?)
    1) Chocolate filled donuts should be fine, some chocolate is ok as well...

2) I use some sugary stuff in the addition to the fat/carb foods, so yes simple sugars

3) Whey protein shakes i stop 1 weeks out, multi-vitamins run all the way through, once i start diuretics i will take 2 doses, creatin i would stop atleast 1 week out

4) I just drink regular mineral water, once you take diuretics you will be loosing a lot of electrolytes, so the little bit of minerals in the water will help prevent cramoing and retain some kind of electrolyte balance

5) Sunday (6 days out) is the last day of cardio

6) I eat a big meal first thing in the morning and then i will eat alittle bit at a time, to keep loading in a steady but slow manner, i stop eating around 1/2 beore going on stage

7) Not really, by this time you should be about as full as you can get and your vascularity will be there, so just pump up and go...i might have a sip of water right before going on stage, but that's about it...

Hope that helps...XXL
    Bowtye8 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kdtl61
    Mike,
    I really like what you layed out above. It looks safe for most all body builders to try. The biggest factor everyone must remember is you can not drink water only sip as needed. Once you add water to Mikes plan you are screwed and bloated. When he says follow to a T he means it.
    Mike I was also glad to see you have suggest guys start carbing up early in the week. I have found that to be so true. Any man that has been training and cardioing like a fool is going to be depleted if he is eating under 100 carbs a day for any length of time. I feel strongly about this. I see it time and time again. Everyone says how great they looked two days after the show. Just so we all understand there is no judging being done two days after the show. Carb up early and stay full going into your show.

Mike you have made a difficult process very simple for us all.
    Thank you,
    kdtl61

Thank you for the kind words Bro, that's the SH1t that make it all worth it, all this time reading researching and then spreading the word, thanks Bro!
    XXL

hollisurfer is offline New Member
    no legs a week before contest? what is resoning behind that? i am only 17 and have ALOT of learning to do! i was curious, i have a contest im training for and need good info before i diet

Quote Originally Posted by hollisurfer
    no legs a week before contest? what is resoning behind that? i am only 17 and have ALOT of learning to do! i was curious, i have a contest im training for and need good info before i diet
    Training your legs 1 week before the show will wash out your lines and definition, also for the last day before the show you should try to stay of your feet as much as possible and keep your legs elevated...XXL

hollisurfer is offline New Member
    do you know any good books that will go more indepth about the precontest training/dieting phase?

Quote Originally Posted by hollisurfer
    do you know any good books that will go more indepth about the precontest training/dieting phase?
    No, everything i know i learned from 5-10 years of research on board, books, megazines, talking to othe BBers, some Pro and some not etc...XXL

its crazy how much stuff is involved

oh yeah how do you measure your oats? would 450g of oat equate to 450g of carbs?

IronFreakX is offline Banned

Cool

oh yeah how do you measure your oats? would 450g of oat equate to 450g of carbs?
    no..there is fiber...fat...vitamins ..minerals..etc...check fitday.com-or calorieking.com...i think those two will provide calories as well as macro/micro nutrient break down....

bigward is offline New Member
    Two questions...

1. Is the carb amounts listed weigh-dependant? Specifically, would a middleweight bodybuilder consume as many carbs as a heavyweight?

2. When or would you suggest using a laxative in this whole process? The night before the show or after your shit-load meal show morning?

Thanks.

450gm of oats is around 300gm of carbs, and i believe 90gm of oats is 1 cup...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by bigward
    Two questions...

1. Is the carb amounts listed weigh-dependant? Specifically, would a middleweight bodybuilder consume as many carbs as a heavyweight?

2. When or would you suggest using a laxative in this whole process? The night before the show or after your shit-load meal show morning?

Thanks.
    1) yes the amounts listed are for a middleweight in a range of 170-180lbs...heavyweight would increase the amounts by about 20%

2) NO, i do not like that idea, your bodys electrolyte balance will allready be off, i would not do the laxative to further upset the already delicate balance....XXL

thanks iron and mike

btw are eggs considered dairy? because right now when i'm low on calories i wouldn't want to be under consuming protein.. sometimes my chicken breast isn't always the same size/serving thus i'm thinking of throwing in eggs for the extra protein..

I go by the rule if you are still hungry at the end of the day eat more protein.
    Egg white, chicken, tuna, I like to make a thick protein pudding out of my powder put in the freezer. Nice treat as i wake up 4 plus times a night. For me it does not matter how much protein I eat I'm always hungry for crunchy food.

hmm nah that wasn't what i'm referring to. i remember dairy should be cut 4-6 weeks out or something like that. so i'm makin sure eggs aren't considered dairy..

Eggs are not dairy, dairy is anything related to cows milk...XXL

Hey Mike I know your busy but when you get a chance give me your thoughts on this question:
    Lets say you can not get out to go somewhere to do the Saturday fat/sh*t load. What kinds of foods would you pack in your cooler to load on assuming you will not be going out for breakfast?
    Donuts and what else?

Thanks for you time,
    kdtl61

Quote Originally Posted by kdtl61
    Hey Mike I know your busy but when you get a chance give me your thoughts on this question:
    Lets say you can not get out to go somewhere to do the Saturday fat/sh*t load. What kinds of foods would you pack in your cooler to load on assuming you will not be going out for breakfast?
    Donuts and what else?

Thanks for you time,
    kdtl61
    Donuts, couple of chocolate bars, Danishes, cookies, steak, chips, doridos...anything relitively dry to suck up any extra water still remaining in your body...XXL

bigward is offline New Member
    Mike. I just wanted to confirm the strategy behind all of this...

After the initial insulin spike and the high carbs on Wednesday, the total amount of carbs taken in are decreased until friday. This is done so the overload of fat and carbohydrates saturday morning will be sufficiently used by the body?

Also. In another on your posts, you detailed fat-loading two hours after cutting water on Friday night. Is this still recommended and if so, what period of time (1, 2, 3 hours) should the fat loading take up?

Lastly, do you still suggest these methods even if a competior isn't using insulin (but still using AAS and perscription diuretics)? If not, can you outline any changes that should be made to the precontest plan?

Thanks for your help. This plan is much different from most precontest loading strategies, but seems to eliminate most problems competiors run into with their condition (watery, flat, lacking vascularity).

Quote Originally Posted by bigward
    Mike. I just wanted to confirm the strategy behind all of this...

After the initial insulin spike and the high carbs on Wednesday, the total amount of carbs taken in are decreased until friday. This is done so the overload of fat and carbohydrates saturday morning will be sufficiently used by the body?

Also. In another on your posts, you detailed fat-loading two hours after cutting water on Friday night. Is this still recommended and if so, what period of time (1, 2, 3 hours) should the fat loading take up?

Lastly, do you still suggest these methods even if a competior isn't using insulin (but still using AAS and perscription diuretics)? If not, can you outline any changes that should be made to the precontest plan?

Thanks for your help. This plan is much different from most precontest loading strategies, but seems to eliminate most problems competiors run into with their condition (watery, flat, lacking vascularity).
    The first oart is correct, I do NOT recomend fat loading on Friday night, i feel it could be too risky, and saturday fat load is playing it much safer.

No insulin is fine, ASS and Diuretics will work just fine with this carb/fat load...it will also work for natural athletes, however i would probably reduce the amount of carbs ingested.

XXL

Mike...Mad respect for all your prompt and on the ball replies.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information