Thread: 4 Weeks out

Pitbull is offline Junior Member

4 Weeks out

4 Weeks out to the first of 3 shows
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Weeks out-sidetricep.jpg  

relaxed front

2 more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Weeks out-relaxed.jpg   4 Weeks out-sidechest.jpg  

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Looking pretty good.

What're you stats?

What weight class are you doing (if any)?

Your quads just leap out of the screen...but i think your hams are behind.

Nice..overall.

Any pics from the rear?

And any pics showing your quads fully contracted? (like the ab and thigh shot)

Thanks Bro , I'm 26 years old , 1.72cm ,currently 91kg's been training for about 10 years 6 years powerlifting (national level ) and about 4 years bodybuilding. Competed in the novice division 2 years ago.

Usually I compete in the light/heavyweight division but will be doing an WPF show with them over 85kg's is heavyweight

I know my hams are behind , it's these damn quads that won't stop growing , I dropped my leg training completely from last week as my quads get bigger even on high rep training.

ab-thigh and rear lat

I was on the stationary cycle before taking the pics so you won't see the lines in the quads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 Weeks out-abthigh.jpg   4 Weeks out-rearlat.jpg  

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Looking nice and trhick Bro, still pretty full and hard, how many carbs are you eating? Also fat grams? Quads a little bit behind but they are always last thing to come in...looking good Bro...good luck...XXL

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    Killer calves man. Good luck on the comp.

Death is offline Junior Member
    You look good, no doubt, ....dropping your carbs will tighten you up coming in......4 weeks youll be on the money.... good work

Thanks guys.

My carbs vary between , low , extra low and high

Low day

Meal 1 - 3/4 cup of oats , 1tbs honey , 1 banana , 12 egg whites + 1 yolk , multi vitamin , omega 3 capsule

Meal 2 - 1/2 cup oats , whey protein shake(42g protein ) , 6 spirulina tabs

Training

Meal 3 - Creatine HDS ( 35g carbs-34 from sugars ) whey protein (42g protein ),5g Glutamine , 1 tbs flax seed

Meal 4 - 1 cup brown rice, 3 hake medalllions , 1 cup brocolli , vit A,C E

Meal 5 - 3 Rice cakes , 1 can of tuna

Meal 6 - 250g Shrimps , 2 cups brocolli

Meal 7 - Whey protein shake (42g )

Extra Low Day

Meal 1 - 1/2 Cup oats , 14 egg whites + 2 yolks, multivitamin , omega 3

Meal 2 - whey protein ( 42g ) , spirulina tabs

Train

Meal 3 - 1/2 serving Creatine HDS , whey protein (42g ) , Flax seed oil

Meal 4 - 1/2 Cup brown rice , 4 pieces of hake or 2 Chicken breasts , 1 Cup brocolli

Meal 5 - 1 Can of tuna

meal 6 - 4 pieces of hake medallions , 2 cups brocolli , vit A, C, E

Meal 7 - Whey protein shake (42g )

High Day

Meal 1 - 1 banana ,1 Cup of oats, 2tbs honey , 10 egg whites , 1 yolk , multi vitamin , omega 3

Meal 2 - 1/2 cup oats , whey protein shake (42g ) , spirulina tabs

Train

Meal 3 - Creatine HDS , whey protein shake ( 42g ) , flax seed oil

Meal 4 - 2 Cups brown rice , 3 hake medallions , 1 cup brocolli , A,C,E

Meal 5 - 6 rice cakes , can of tuna

Meal 6 - 1 cup brown rice , 3 hake medallions , 1 cup brocolli , A,C,E

Meal 7 - Whey protein (42g )

My week is planned out as follows : Monday , Tuesday = Low
    Wednesday = Extra low
    Thursday = High
    Friday = Low
    Saturday = Low
    Sunday = Cheat day but I will be doing a
    high day from this week

Please critique guys I would really like to know what Mike.XXL thinks

Thanx
    Last edited by Pitbull; 08-03-2005 at 03:59 AM.

BlueHen is offline New Member
    Look right on track, hang in there and good luck!

Couple questions.

Why're you mixing carbs and fats?

Why've included fats in your post-training meal?

Why're you using Honey?

Not critiqueing persay...as you've been competing almost as long as i have... Just curious

BTW: great calves and back.
    Last edited by *Narkissos*; 08-03-2005 at 10:13 PM.

Hey your doin just fine, if that was my diet i was currently using and my physique,i would go now to low carb days all the way in and i would probably substitute the oatmeal for wheat bix, litebix or vitabrits(dont know if its available in SA but thats what i use in Oz) and have my last complex carb meal after training time. Id probably drop the banana out too.......Just my thoughts, im sure your on track and gonna Kick Asz anyway, best of luck to you......

Quote Originally Posted by Death
    Hey your doin just fine, if that was my diet i was currently using and my physique,i would go now to low carb days all the way in and i would probably substitute the oatmeal for wheat bix, litebix or vitabrits(dont know if its available in SA but thats what i use in Oz) and have my last complex carb meal after training time. Id probably drop the banana out too.......Just my thoughts, im sure your on track and gonna Kick Asz anyway, best of luck to you......
    Low carbs might bring him to flat even after the carb up, so i would advice against that...wheat can make you hold water and make it harder to loose bodyfat, it's something to do with Estrogen receptor can't exactly remember what...it might be time to drop the fruit thou...just my 0.02 cents...XXL

I would take out ricecakes from meals # 5...if you want rice cakes have them after training, replace them with some greens...also i agree with taking the flaxseeds out of post-workout meal, the PPWM is fine to have flax to slow down the digestion, but after traing i would say NO...also i would drop the protein out except the post work out meal...and replace it with tuna or other lean protein...hope that helps...XXL

Thanx a lot guys , will be dropping the banana and rice cakes and replacing whey with tuna or egg whites except for post training , will see what happens.

Continuing on from my previous post and at around 2 weeks id drop the wheat grain, and the tuna and pretty much live on chicken and rice ..... pretty bland taste wize but hey thats the sacrifices you make i guess..... the usual carb loading phaze would apply , sodium elimination is important at around 2 weeks... etc....I remember dropping the protein shakes at around week 3 also..... hope these ideas can give you some help......I would throw in some veal steaks as well, tends to keep you looking full.....ps. i dont think your going to come in flat, judging your photos you have good muscle density so if it were me i wouldnt worry about going low carb if you chose to.......
    Last edited by Death; 08-05-2005 at 07:14 AM.

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    i dont think your going to come in flat, judging your photos you have good muscle density so if it were me i wouldnt worry about going low carb if you chose to.......

I agree 100%..cut em dude

Hey Nark

No real science behind the diet , I've used a similair diet before with very good results. My main objectives for this year is to get as much stage experience as possible , perfecting posing and coming as hard as possible. I have always had a problem with holding water if i can have that sorted I will be more than happy.

Regards

'k i'm peeking over your diet.

Do you usually use it...(every year i mean i.e. for each contest prep)?

Questions: when do you drop the tuna, eggwhites, whey and shrimp?

2nd time that I'm using it , the last was for a photo shoot and I came in pretty hard for that. I've dropped the shrimps since yesterday - I just can't stand the stuff anymore. Will be having mostly turkey breasts for lunch and hake for dinner. I was planning on running the tuna and egg whites all the way through to the show. Bad idea ? Also be dropping the whey and the creatine from next week Monday. Should I drop the glutamine too , currently taking 5g post workout ?
    Will take some pics this weekend and post on Monday. Looking very lean and showing lots of vascularity at this point in time. When should I stop my ECA stack ?

Thanks Guys , regards !

Couple of idea's, Id finish with the tuna and the whey protein......
    I would continue with the creatine and glutamine, as well as ECA ....
    Eggwhite and turkey are fine..... Id stop Hake maybe a couple of weeks out......
    Im looking forward to seeing your updated pics!
    Last edited by Death; 08-11-2005 at 03:52 AM.

Death , Can you please explain the reasoning behind your comments . Why drop the fish and when should I drop the creatine , glutamine if at all. Keeping in mind that I'd be 2 weeks out from this Saturday

Thanks

Mate, obviously my comments are made generally, made without actually seeing you, or at this stage your photos. I would drop the fish now to minimize sodium intake, tuna, that is. Dropping the Hake would depend entirely on how i look, if i was on the money now i would rather be using something like chicken breast with a bit more body than hake, to sustain me for the last couple of weeks, but if i needed to shred a bit more then i would continue with hake for a while. And going the other way, if I were completely shredded I may even have some veal steaks to sustain as well. Everyones different, I just know what works for me and thats what im relaying accross.

Creatine is a muscle cell volumiser(spelling?), so why not continue its use to retain a full look all the way in? Yes it makes your body hold water, but in the muscle only, not under the skin. I think glutamine should be ok too.

I guess the way I can tell if im ready or not is by looking at my hamstrings and lower back, If i can see the muscle individually and cant see any fat where my hammies tie into my glutes then im just about there. If I still had a ways to go I, then I probably would continue on with Hake for a while. Good luck!

PS. I guess all information anyone posts on the web should viewed with caution and not used as a guide...........i guess im trying to open up some alternatives for you......
    Last edited by Death; 08-13-2005 at 12:01 AM.

Thread Information