hurley11 is offline Junior Member

How much weight to lose??

Ok guys, Im doing my first show in 12 weeks and Im not sure what weight I should try to come in at. Im 20 yrs old, 6 ft, 185lbs. Ive lost about 5 pounds in the last couple weeks and Im shooting for 166-176 but Im wondering if it would be worth it to come in under 165?? Oh yeah my bf is around 8.5 %. Any help would be really appreciated.

Death is offline Junior Member
    Id say its all about bodyfat, not bodyweight.....If your 8.5% at 12 weeks out your way in front to start with, you will probably have to slow your weightloss down some.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I would try to come in at 170-176lbs, if you are 8.5%BF now at 185, by lossing 9-12lbs more you will be around 4-4.5%BF which is more then lean enough for level 1 show, then you loose few pound of water and you are good to go...good luck...XXL

kdtl61 is offline Junior Member
    I agree with Mike. You need to preserve as much muscle mass as possible. You weight loss should be slow at about a pound a week. You will be able to eat more then most all other guys. If you are right about your body fat now being 8.5 to 9%. Then you need only drop another 10 pounds of fat.
    Example: 185# X 9%bf = 16.65 pounds of fat. At 0%bf add back 4.5% puts you back up to 175.9# or 176#. Being that you are 6' tall you have got to hold as much muscle as possible.
    Keep your protein high. In fact I would not get very low on carbs at all. Try to do only Am cardio on empty belly. The rest of the day fill back up. Cut out carbs after like 5:00pm or so. Just veggies for dinner with your protein. You will have 5 other meals you can get the rest of your carbs from.
    My point here is that you want to hold as much muscle as possible. Eat clean, drop real slow and it might just happen.

Good luck with stepping on stage. In the end very few take the steps you are. Going all the way to show date is not an easy task. Only the strong willed make it to the big dance in great shape.

Good luck,
    K

hurley11 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks a lot for the advise guys, esp. for the diet tips. After the show I'll put up some pics to see what everyone thinks. I'll just try to look good on stage and whatever weight I come in at should not be a big problem.

Thread Information