Lmg2701 is offline Junior Member

What more can I do to get this damn weight off?

Ok guys, National Collegiates is a week away and I'm starting to worry about making the weight. I want to get to 154.25 to make the light weights. I've gotten down to 160.2 after morning cardio and steam room and being fairly dry. That was friday morning and today I'm at 162 or so.

Now I know some will say don't worry when you cut water it'll drop.....well, this is the problem. The damn weigh-in is thursday night OR friday morning and the show is saturday morning (isn't that the dumbest damn thing you've ever heard, they make it like that cuz the masters compete on the friday night while everyone else competes on the saturday morning).

So with the weigh-in being at the time it's at, it kind of rules out me being able to cut my water and lose all the water weight. Now I'm very lean already so there's not much fat to lose but I need to make this damn weight.

What do you guys suggest I do? I've been doing high intensity cardio and hitting the steam room daily as well as eating 0 carbs. I would have liked to have had my last cardio day on this coming tuesday to lay off my legs for a while so I can come into the show right.....But I'm going to have to do what I have to do to make the weight. What do you guys suggest? It's really starting to piss me off that I can't get my damn weight down, I feel like starving myself and just not eating until after the weigh-in.

Any suggestions?

gio86 is offline Member
    well bro i would just say sip water down w/ cafein pill and ephedra unless ur using diuretics (not naturals). and try weighing your self a day before the comp. w/ out eating see what the scale says and if your way far from the weight you want then I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO SAY...and if your close to it then just keep doing what your doing the next day will be even less weight.

good luck

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    The weigh-in time isn't that relevant here.

My show is usually on the saturday like your own..and the weigh-in is usually trusday like your own.

I cut sodium from wednesday evening. Up potassium from wednesday night.

Taper water intake from wednesday night.

Cutting sodium on tuesday/wednesday will facilitate losing the water weight.

Also...your diet on the day of the weigh-in will also determine your weight.

On the day of the weigh-in...cut your food intake...ingesting amino acid tabs and whitefish as they'll allow you to meet your protein intake without adding much intestinal bulk...as would be associated with chicken or steak as you're currently ingesting. Compliment these meals with a (sodium-free) rice cake or two...You'll noticeably flatten out.Before the weigh-in, have a bowel movement. Just before you step on the scale...go urinate. Most importantly...don't STRESS. Stress throws your body into a loop...and it hoards stuff...fluids included.

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Well, how'd it go boss????

mitch911 is offline Member
    when you guys cut your sodium i few days out what foods do u usualy cut out of your diet that usually contains high amounts of sodium...to me it seems everything has sodium in it.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    When you cut your sodium...you buy unprocessed meats and carbs namely:

frozen/fresh chicken breasts, steak, potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal, and fresh veggies (with the exception of stuff like celery).

Those foods are the basis of your diet for the next couple days.

Cut are: canned foods (i.e. tuna/salmon), dairy (this is usually cut 3-5 weeks out anyway), eggs (egg whites are high in sodium), peanuts, and some vegetables (celery for example)

Thread Information