Dr. Derek is offline Member

The most weight gained in 24 HRS

Just wondering just how much weight people have gained in the first 24 hours after a competition. In 1994 I gained around 25 lbs in less than 36 hours, needless to say my resting heart rate was about 140 for 5 days and I had so much edema in my legs, I thought I was pregnant.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    sounds like it, i Gained about 23 in 3 days. Just now, weight seems stable now.

Tsunami is offline Associate Member
    10 lbs in one day.
    All water though

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    After my show i went from 172lbs (weight in weight) to 180 lbs by prejudging to 192 sunday night, so i guess that makes it 20 lbs, and a week later i am 200lbs...thats 28lbs in 1 week...my legs are killing me...

primodonna is offline Female Member
    I'll let you know May 12
    What happens here, stays here

BIG MAN FROM AR is offline New Member
    i went from 187-218(31) in 3 days.

buffchic is offline Female Member
    I went from 106 to 125 in 2 days.........he he............didn't last very long though...........I got tired of looking like a bloated piece of sh*t!!

Redneck is offline Junior Member
    I went from 128 to 140 in 12 hours it was for powerlifting . I've never ate so much pizza and salad in one sitting and I never will again. That is the sickest I have ever been. I just couldn't stop, I guess no food for a week and no liquid for 24 hours has that effect on you.

BIG R is offline Member
    My personal best (or worst) is going from 165-200 in a weeks time. It was after my first show and I had never contest dieted or experienced Rebound. Wow I was tripping on where my viens all went, they kinda just all blured away along with my abdominals. Anyhow, I ate two Lg. Pizzas from Pizza HUT (SAT night) and the rest of the week hit the Chinese Buffet as much as possibe, because I missed it so much. Oh yeah, I was having at least one pint of Ben and Jerry's Peanut-Butter cup Ice cream a day before I went to bed. I was a Bloated Fat Ass!!! You could not see my ankles in under the Edema. I didnt even know what spilling was all about until then. I didnt care at the time either cause I won my class after all of my hard work. I then became FAT BASTARD from Austin Powers.
    Last month I did a show and spilled slightly after the 4th of May but I needed to key in for a show this month so I repaired the temp. damage I did and got even tighter for the second show I do this month (in 12 days from now). I am getting used to timing how my body looks inorder to key in for multiple shows in one year. 2 shows are cool, but I think that I don't have the stamina for 3 in a row. I WANNA EAT some bad Sh*t.

Be careful with gas also the bacteria that assist in the digestion of carbs in your intestines freak out with all of the new stuff comming in. I now buy Gas X for my post-show PIG OUT sessions.

Big R

BIG R is offline Member
    Dr. Derek

Off of the Spilling subject..........What do you think about Grits as a carb for loading? I train with a former AAU Mr. America finalist that uses grits in the last two weeks of the contest diet. Well, I'm in my last two weeks right now. As far as I know they will not hold water. But it is always nice to hear what other people have used to carb up with in the last 2 weeks.

Big R

str8flexed is offline New Member
    15 lbs in 2 days...
    however right after my contest i had
    7 protein bars (just b/c they were available)
    3 bananas
    1 bag of rice cakes
    1 loaf of bread
    1 family sized pizza
    1/2 stromboli
    3 bowls cereal
    3 bowls jello
    3 bowls ice cream
    5 oatmeal cookies
    it was like heaven...but man did I have a gut!

Socio is offline Associate Member
    Big R how long did it take after that week of looking like a fat ass for u too look in shape again?

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    I gained 84-85lbs this year after my competition, still pretty lean too... only 1inch on my waist

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    ten pounds is the most for me. wouldnt you have to eat almost double the poundage to actually get that in the scale?

Spoon

Did a bench press competition last summer. Weighed in at 214 competed and weighed myself at the end and I was at 226 from the water i retained..12 pounds in less then 45 minutes..They called me the water boy....

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    Did a bench press competition last summer. Weighed in at 214 competed and weighed myself at the end and I was at 226 from the water i retained..12 pounds in less then 45 minutes..They called me the water boy....
    Geez how much water did you consume?

Spoon

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Geez how much water did you consume?

Spoon
    A lot of water and a lot of gatorade. I done weighed in so I didnt really give a **** what I ate because I made my class..Then I drank half a pot of coffee before my actual lifts and I done everything I could to hold my piss in because everything was tight on me and I was feelin good..

Thread Information