Zapp is offline Banned

The hardest thing I have ever done

I just don't think people understand the hell that bobybuilders go through preparing for a contest. It not only takes a toll on you physically, it is also menatally demanding as well. I am 9 weeks out today from my first contest, and this is by far the hardest thing I have ever tried to do in my life. I go to sleep, wake up, and even have dreams about working out and dieting. I know it will all be worth it, and I can't wait to see the final results of all my sacrifices in the end. I have nothing but respect for you bro's that do this every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    I just don't think people understand the hell that bobybuilders go through preparing for a contest. It not only takes a toll on you physically, it is also menatally demanding as well. I am 9 weeks out today from my first contest, and this is by far the hardest thing I have ever tried to do in my life. I go to sleep, wake up, and even have dreams about working out and dieting. I know it will all be worth it, and I can't wait to see the final results of all my sacrifices in the end. I have nothing but respect for you bro's that do this every year.

Dude, once you get used to it(hard dieting) it's not quite as bad. What I've realized from the past few times I've dieted, is that you have to have something to look forward to. It cannot be this never ending battle against eating good tasting foods, its what we were raised on, it's America!!! Now once you get 4 or 5 weeks away from your competition, then it's a living hell, but at 9 weeks away your diet doesnt have to be as tight as it does at 4 weeks(well, depends on the person, but if you've stayed under 12 or 13% year round no prob). If I diet for 12 weeks, the first 5 or 6 weeks is more about getting down to single digit bodyfat and preserving muscle. I eat 2 cheat meals/wk, split them up bro. Sun morning its a stack of pancakes and syrup w/ wipped cream, and Wed or Thurs afternoon its pizza for lunch, but always cheat early in the day. When I started dieting like this, it became easier because I knew I only had a 3 day shot until the next good meal. None of this all day binge shit. It gave me something to look forward to that was always very near(as in time frame) I probably dont come off as Mr. health by saying this, but I'd often have a cigarette, but only 1!!! Like evryday or eod, just something to look forward too.(never had an addictive personality, 1 a day is no prob) A diet pepsi tastes really good on a diet too!!Now once it gets down to 4 or 5 wks away, only 1 cheat meal/wk and at 21 days away, no cheat meals. This is when you start going crazy, but my point to this reply is it doesnt have to be as hard as we sometimes make it. For example, Sun morning go eat some apple cinnamon pancakes, syrup w whipped cream, coffee, etc, but then later that afternoon hit extra cardio. I've come to find its not always the calories you crave, its the taste.

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    ha ha....want a cookie???? stay focused fatty or
    i'll come for U and take your splenda!!! Give me a call later!!!

herb

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorherb
    ha ha....want a cookie???? stay focused fatty or
    i'll come for U and take your splenda!!! Give me a call later!!!

herb
    LMAO....Will do Herb.

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Pics you sent look great...send some of back and legs

Thread Information