Thread: update

RATM is offline Senior Member

update

6 weeks out weighing 199 in morning, 202 by the afternoon. eating approx 400 pro, 200-210 carbs, and about 20 fat for about 2500 cal or so. i switched to rice cakes for carbs so now im getting my carbs from rice cakes and oatmeal only. i plan on reducing carbs approx 50 grams every ten days until the final week so that will put me in the range of about 100-125 before i deplete. I am trying to stay as close to 190 as i can before i do that, as my weight class is 189 1/4 (i know, these natural shows have very stupid weight classes) and i know that i will drop about 4-5 or so with the depletion and h20 release. i am trying to get a digital camera so that i can post some pics.

by the way, rice cakes suck.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    rice cakes suck?

i would give my right arm for one bite right now

thanks for the update
    What happens here, stays here

yes primo, plain, salt free rice cakes suck ass. now give me one smothered in cheese, or peanut butter, now thats a different story. btw, how do you feel, whats you condition like??

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    If your eating rice cakes you should just eat sugar, at least you'll get some enjoyment out of it. They are processed about the same why!!!

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: update

Originally posted by naturalmass
    6 weeks out weighing 199 in morning, 202 by the afternoon. eating approx 400 pro, 200-210 carbs, and about 20 fat for about 2500 cal or so. i switched to rice cakes for carbs so now im getting my carbs from rice cakes and oatmeal only. i plan on reducing carbs approx 50 grams every ten days until the final week so that will put me in the range of about 100-125 before i deplete. I am trying to stay as close to 190 as i can before i do that, as my weight class is 189 1/4 (i know, these natural shows have very stupid weight classes) and i know that i will drop about 4-5 or so with the depletion and h20 release. i am trying to get a digital camera so that i can post some pics.

Thanks for the update bro, good luck in the rest of the training !

My point was one DD made...just a little clearer...i would say the only time they would be beneficial is immediately post-training...but what the hell do i know anymore

And i feel like donkey you know what but that just means i am doing something right (no comments Derek)

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I am with the other guys, ricecakes after the work out or nothing, and i preffer my Dextrose & Maltodextrin mix with my protein. If you use Cel-tech or other pre mixed creatine mixes, lemon flavour and strewbarry protein powder, it tastes like liquid lemon cheescake.
    Just no to RICE CAKES.

i dont see what the big deal is about the rice cakes, i read the infor and there is no sugar at all and the only ingredient is whole brown rice. no matter what they still suck ass

BIG MAN FROM AR is offline New Member
    im no sciene major but the rice cakes are a high on the gi index and can spike your insulin levels and cause you to get fat. am i rght dr.d.?

it doesnt matter what it says on the back of box but how its processed through your systems. it might have 20 carbs but those 20 carbs are going to cause an insulin spike where 20 carbs from brown rice will not.

that makes sense. but #1. they are made from brown rice, that is the only ingredient. 2. at this point i could care less, i just need some other carbs. if i stop the rice cakes, then my only carbs will be from oatmeal. this sucks, dr. d what do you think, you too primo

OK Bro- Rice cakes are processed about as much as you can get, the nutrients, minerals etc are pretty much gone by the time they hit your mouth. This is why your body can process them so qiuckly, like BIG MAN said puts them at the top of the scale on the GI index. I would rather see you eat wild long grain rice, bought from the health food store, the less processed the better. Now it takes about 1 1/2 hours to cook but just make a huge pot and throw in the fridge, should last a week. 1/4 cup of the rice I eat is 175 calories. So what you do is you by those little tupperware containers, the ones that only hold a half cup and you fill it up with the rice, mix in molly mcbutter any type you want and walla you have about made good nutritious rice, that will be much better than those rice cakes~and it wont even spike your insulin ~ Just alittle more time for preperation.

genius, pure genius.

thanks d, the rice cakes are out

the only carb i have had the past 16 weeks is oatmeal and my post-workout drink...and my count-on-four-fingers cheat meals...period

It can be done...although some people can tolerate rice, my system can't...might as well be sugar cubes

primo, i am in awe, and i too can count the # of cheat days on one hand. 6 weeks of oatmeal here i come.

don't be in awe...i won't do it this way again, but i can tell you that when you're not eating jack for carbs, 1/2 c of oatmeal is like dessert

Hang in there...

i will and you too, how much longer do you have, and which show are you doing.

Primo mix the half cup of oatmeal with nat. crunchy peanut butter and top off with choc. whey, you'll be licking your lips waiting for the next meal

Kid Shred is offline Member

Re: update

Originally posted by naturalmass

What's up bro? I'm also 6 weeks out from my show and live in Palm Beach as well, and am doing a Natural Show as well, .........probably same weight Class too. Good Luck to ya bro!! .Please Post some Pix!!!
    Last edited by Kid Shred; 05-02-2002 at 09:36 PM.

That's what i normally do, DD...minus the whey...it's quite the orgiastic feast for the senses

NM - i am 204 hours out

kid shred, the nga florida in coral spings, will be in the light heavy class

primo, 204 hours, classic

Thread Information