Thread: first comp...

sensaispike is offline Member

first comp...

Hay guys... i am thinking of doing my first comp in feb, it is a natty comp, and i just had a few questions, i did m1t in the past, is this a problem? also i feal like i am kinda small i am 170 at about 10% i am 5ft6in, 21years, is this 2 small? also someone told me that i should start pre contest diet and training 2 months before, is this enough time, i have some one who has compeated before to help me with posing, but when should you do things like hair removal and tanning, as it takes me for ever to get a good tan? any and all help would be great, i really want to do this, but i also want to make sure i am in tip top, you know what i mean!!

Thanks and

L8ter...

ps i will post a pic in a little bit

hotrod1 is offline Associate Member
    i say go for it if you really want to bro! I competed after 2 years of not doing crap and did pretty good. Im 5'5 and went in weighing 143 my first show. My second show was nov. 04 and i weighed about the same but way better conditioning and actually looked like i added mass. as for the tanning i would start tanning in teh sun about 6 weeks out to get a good base tan. Make sure you stop at least a week out from the show. Starting about tues before the show ( assuming the show is on sat. ) i would start applying one coat of protan in the morning and at night so you go in with about a good 4-6 coats of protan, alot of guys do to little and end up egtting washed up under the bright lights of the stage. For hair removal I usually start shaving with a razor about 4 weeks out to get my skin use to it then i do my last shave like monday night or tues morning before the show.

HOTROD

cool, thanks man, i app the advice, it really helps, oh and by the way does anyone have problems with stage fright?

L8ter

hotrod1 is offline Associate Member
    i thought i would but I was having so much fun and was so pumped up that i didnt even worry about that.

hotrod

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by sensaispike
    oh and by the way does anyone have problems with stage fright?

L8ter

Just get up ther and have fun....I was always concerned bout that before I ever competed, but I LOVE being on stage...I feel very comfortable and love to get the crowd hyped!

Sweet, yea i figured that once you get up there you would be pumped up and it would not even matter....

Ok i am pizzed off, i was all hyped up and ready to compeat in feb, there was supp. to be a natty show around here, so i called to ask about prohormones (to make sure that it was ok that i had done them in the past) and the guy told me the show had been cancled, and he gave me this other dudes number, and said that he was hosting some shows, but they are in oct and nov, way to soon for my first comp, so the next ones i will have enough time to compeat in will not be till spring, i dont want to keep putting it off and end up never doing it!!! Man i was hyped up, oh well i guess it will just give me time to put on more mass!!!

L8ter...

Thread Information