lilchef14 is offline Associate Member

Contest in March.... Need some advice!

Hey all yall...

I'm competing in my first competition in march. Its non-tested, so I'll be ok. Im just finishing with a cycle of deca , cyp, prop, last shot 2morrow. I dunno why... but I'm kinda depressed and getting down on myself... I'm starting to think that I wont be big enough in time... and that I wont look good enough.

Currently I am 5'6'', 202lbs. , around 10%bf.

My goal is to get up to 215-220lbs by xmas, then I would start cutting after the first of the year. I would drop down to 180-185. If I cut now... id go down to 180 and do a slow gain to xmas. I'm not sure what to do... plz someone give me a hand...

Thanx all yall!!

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Dude, you got plenty of time. Dont let your mind start messing with you now. lol...I would try not to "bulk" too much going into late Dec. dont want to make it too hard to come down and be in contest shape...I would be glad to give you some help...PM me anytime

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I always see you asking people to PM you, why not provide the help on an open forum so it's for all to see, i think that would be better for all the members...XXL

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    I always see you asking people to PM you, why not provide the help on an open forum so it's for all to see, i think that would be better for all the members...XXL

Because, unlike yourself, I don't believe there's ONE game-plan for everyone...If it's basic info that will apply to most people, then I do post openly. Sooo, no disrespect but, dont be concerned with what I'm doing if it dont concern you.

Everything i do on here is free, and let me guess, you prepair people for shows for a fee...and that's fine by me, but DO NOT talk down to me, my plan will work for most, i do not have presonal involvment with these people to adjust their plans to meet their individual genetics etc...nor do i believe you can do that over the internet without seeing them in person...in any case do what you got to do Bro!
    XXL
    Last edited by MIKE_XXL; 09-25-2005 at 10:09 AM.

No $$$ involved here...just love for the sport!!

Stop bitching at each other on my thread! lol

Zapp is offline Banned
    Everything i do on here is free, and let me guess, you prepair people for shows for a fee...and that's fine by me, but DO NOT talk down to me, my plan will work for most, i do not have presonal involvment with these people to adjust their plans to meet their individual genetics etc...nor do i believe you can do that over the internet without seeing them in person...in any case do what you got to do Bro!
    XXL
    doctorherb wouldn't even think about trying to make a profit off of this board. When I first joined a few months back, I saw his results from his thread, so I pm'd him and asked if he could help me. Not only that, the bro gave me his telephone number to call him so we could go into detail about what I was wanting to accomplish. This was all the while he was 2 weeks out from his show. I am sure he had better things to do than to help a total stranger out with info on a diet, but he did. How many other people do you think would do that? That was 6 weeks ago, and now I'm going on 4 weeks out. I am in the best shape of my life, and I couldn't have done it without herb taking time out again,and again to answer different questions I had day after day. Thanks Herb.....I owe you bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    doctorherb wouldn't even think about trying to make a profit off of this board. When I first joined a few months back, I saw his results from his thread, so I pm'd him and asked if he could help me. Not only that, the bro gave me his telephone number to call him so we could go into detail about what I was wanting to accomplish. This was all the while he was 2 weeks out from his show. I am sure he had better things to do than to help a total stranger out with info on a diet, but he did. How many other people do you think would do that? That was 6 weeks ago, and now I'm going on 4 weeks out. I am in the best shape of my life, and I couldn't have done it without herb taking time out again,and again to answer different questions I had day after day. Thanks Herb.....I owe you bro!

Word! You my boy Zapp!!

massff is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lilchef14
    Hey all yall...

I'm competing in my first competition in march. Its non-tested, so I'll be ok. Im just finishing with a cycle of deca , cyp, prop, last shot 2morrow. I dunno why... but I'm kinda depressed and getting down on myself... I'm starting to think that I wont be big enough in time... and that I wont look good enough.

My goal is to get up to 215-220lbs by xmas, then I would start cutting after the first of the year. I would drop down to 180-185. If I cut now... id go down to 180 and do a slow gain to xmas. I'm not sure what to do... plz someone give me a hand...

Thanx all yall!!
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as far as competing. I want to do a show in April, however, I'm 5'11" and 200 lbs. Hopefully I'll get up to 225 lbs by December. We'll have to see. Sounds like you are on the right track though. Keep doing what your doing and keep the good calories coming in. Bulk up until Decemebr, then start your cutting. Good luck.

Thanx man... ya... im getting it together... I just redid workout my routine... so im gona stay with that till december. Ya let me know how it goes... be sure to keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    You are talking to me like i haven't done that kind of shiat around here for last 3 years...so pleeeaaase...move on to another subject...XXL

Zapp is offline Banned
    You are talking to me like i haven't done that kind of shiat around here for last 3 years...so pleeeaaase...move on to another subject...XXL
    No...I was just letting you know the deal, because you were accusing The man of charging a fee for helping people, and I just wanted to get it straight.

mikey xxs , your the one obsessing over this, so YOU move on lil dude...LMAO

massff is offline Junior Member
    Thanx man... ya... im getting it together... I just redid workout my routine... so im gona stay with that till december. Ya let me know how it goes... be sure to keep in touch.
    Will do. I'm not looking forward to competing with guys like you....Short & Stocky. J/K At 5'6" and 200 lbs, I bet you look like a tree trunk. Good luck with it. Post some pics of your progress.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Mike's a great guy, Helped me a lot last year I owe him a lot for it. Both of you guys are great competitors and should be embracing each other's idea's instead of arguing over them. Oh yeah, this is my first post in like 4 months but I felt compelled to do it after seeing two good bro's in a little tussle!

Quote Originally Posted by doctorherb
    mikey xxs , your the one obsessing over this, so YOU move on lil dude...LMAO

..!. whatever.................

MYOGENIC is offline New Member
    I Love Plain Chicken And Oats!!!

kdtl61 is offline Junior Member
    Ok, I have not been here for a month or so since my last competition.
    So I'm reading up and come to this thread.

MikeXXL said "I always see you asking people to PM you, why not provide the help on an open forum so it's for all to see, i think that would be better for all the members...XXL"

I take this one way only. Any info that we could gleam is helpful. No we are not all the same. The idea of threads is to open post ideas, suggestions, knowledge of the sport. Whatever, it is our job to see how it applies to us.

Not sure how it became a pissing match.

If everyone replied to each other in PM what would we be reading? Just the poster heading. And a bunch of replies "bro pm me I can help"

Now to the poster: You are 5'6" and 202# at 10%. That being said you could cut up to 190# ripped. I would continue on till Dec. eating clean with plenty of calories. March will be here before you know it. You want to be ripped to shreads. Don't worry about the weight. After this show then start a solid bulk again after you are off for awhile.

Best of luck to you. You will do fine if you do all your home work.
    Diet, training, cardio, posing, family, work and sleep.
    K

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey all yall...

Thanx all yall!!
    Your first contest...good to see you taking the step into the competitive waters.

10% BF... i would bulk if and only if you don't stray much from this bodyfat percentage.

The heavier you get (bf%-wise) the more you have to lose (obviously)...The more you have to lose (over a shorter period)...the more muscle you'll end up pissing away.

My opinion?

The show is in march...and it's your first show. I'd advise your contest prep be 16 weeks in duration (as it's your first...and it'll be a learning process). i.e. you'll need to start your cut from mid-November.

I'd advise bulking till Mid-November and then cleaning up your diet...and doing cardio

Don't start manipulating your calories til the end of december...and then go into full cut mode from Jan 1st.

Holla

Thread Information