ManOsteel is offline Associate Member

Talking Is It Too Late For Me To Try To Make It To Pro??

Hi guys, well i've been working out for a couple of years, I'll be 24yrs old in December. I'm 5'9 and weigh 205lbs, I want to go pro, I want to make my passion int o a career. Do you think I can still do it? Or am I to old to have this type of dream?

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOsteel
    Hi guys, well i've been working out for a couple of years, I'll be 24yrs old in December. I'm 5'9 and weigh 205lbs, I want to go pro, I want to make my passion int o a career. Do you think I can still do it? Or am I to old to have this type of dream?

post pics.......and we would have a better idea

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I'd say if your busting your ass and have true dedication I don't see why not. I know I haven't seen a pic of you yet but even at just turning 24 that's still young so you have plent of time to still develop your body the way you would like it so good luck on your dreams bro.

how can i post my pic?

Click like you are writing a post, then write whatever you want to say about the pic in there, and then scroll down, and you will see "manage attachments" click on that, and then click "browse" then select the file with your pic and click "upload" then post your post. Simple as that

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    A real factor is if you can afford all the drugs. Your not too old though, Don Youngblood didn't turn pro until his 40's.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gassy
    A real factor is if you can afford all the drugs. Your not too old though, Don Youngblood didn't turn pro until his 40's.
    If that were the real factor...there would be thousands more pros than there currently are.

MOS... genetics...and fully capitalising on them (i.e. busting your ass; being anal about your diet/supplementation etc.) is the determining factor.

24's not too old.

Get your feet wet competitively.

Get a coach.

Get someone to look at you...and assess you.

Holla

~Nark

Well i just dont know where to get started, where to go, where to begin. I would love to have a coach or something.........I just dont know where to start.

Well here's my pic, right now im at 205lb and im starting a cycle soon and hope to gain about 20-30lbs of lean muscle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is It Too Late For Me To Try To Make It To Pro??-image015-edit.jpg   Is It Too Late For Me To Try To Make It To Pro??-image024.jpg  

TADOLFI is offline Member
    I agree with Narkissos...

If you're asking how to make contact - Find some bodybuilding competitions in your area and go to a local show - see if you think it's what you want to do or not. (Some guys get hooked as soon as they see their first show)

If you're feeling good about it, find out where these guys work out and join.

If you're not stalking them and you seem serious in what you are doing, they will help if you ask them.
    But do your research! Don't start asking stupid questions or questions about gear or how much weight they can do on this exercise or that exercise.
    Diet, cardio, finding a trainer - these are a few question areas that show you're really interested.
    And they'll also sense how serious you are by the way they see you work out.

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Just saw the pics - good base my man!
    And you are def not too old.

You definately have potential. I would say it is possible, but jhust like with anyone else, it woudl take a lot of work, dedication, consistency etc etc. But if your mind is right, i think you could. i dont see a reason why you couldnt. You look good

Thanks guys, iam definetely serious........i love this with a passion and i've been working out since i was thirteen and i played hockey. They told me about a gym in my area, i live in manhattan.........where some serious bodybuilders go, for example Victor Martinez. So im gonna sign up there, i'd like that atmosphere alot more than where i go now, most of the people in my gym are just health nuts, not into bodybuilding.

Grudge Keeper is offline Associate Member
    there is abodybuilder in my area who just made pro and he is 44 so its never to late if your willing to do what it takes to get there.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TADOLFI
    I agree with Narkissos...

If you're asking how to make contact - Find some bodybuilding competitions in your area and go to a local show - see if you think it's what you want to do or not. (Some guys get hooked as soon as they see their first show)

If you're feeling good about it, find out where these guys work out and join.

If you're not stalking them and you seem serious in what you are doing, they will help if you ask them.
    But do your research! Don't start asking stupid questions or questions about gear or how much weight they can do on this exercise or that exercise.
    Diet, cardio, finding a trainer - these are a few question areas that show you're really interested.
    And they'll also sense how serious you are by the way they see you work out.
    Exactly...

Awesome reply

Gassy is offline Junior Member
    Nark, I agree with you. I didn't say that drugs were THE factor, I said they were a factor.

Death is offline Junior Member
    The worlds full of people with similar ambition to yours brother, small steps at a time and who knows what dreams you can realize.....

Bigshred is offline New Member
    Bro, you are never to old. If turning pro is truly your dream and you are willling to do EVERYTHING it takes to get there you will realize it! Set that goal and never look back.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOsteel
    Well here's my pic, right now im at 205lb and im starting a cycle soon and hope to gain about 20-30lbs of lean muscle.
    You are not too old, however you have a long road ahead of you...you need to get up to around 240 +/-20lbs in competitive weight...that means you need to be in the 280-300lbs off season...you are looking at around 4-5 year investment to get there...also one cycle will not get you 20-30lbs of lean muscle gains...20-30lbs gains yes, but it will not be lean tissue...most people will gain around 5-7lbs of skeletal muscle tissue per cycle and that is lean muscle...20-30lbs of weight people are talking about gaining, is muscle, fat, water, intracellular as well as water retention...that's why a lot of gains go away after stoppping gear. it's not the muscle tissue deteriating, but all the water, going away intracelular as well as water retention...i am not trying to discurage you Bro, by all means reach high and go get your dreams...i just want you to know the honest truth...now if there is a will there is a way, so go and start competing and see how it goes...good luck...XXL

kdtl61 is offline Junior Member
    This question is often ask by young body builders. I agree with the guys saying get started and hit some shows. Learn what itis like to compete. Learn how nutrition will help you grow with training, supplements and sleep. I say one of the biggest factors is your body structure. Some guys are built for this sport more then others. You need to go to shows and see how the ripped body looks. Look at the guys shape, length of limbs, length or torso, legs compared to upper body. So many factor make a good base to build on. Then you must look at yourself and be honest with what you see. Yes you can add muscle. No, you can not change joint length, upper and lower body balance.
    If you have the right body shape and structure a you can go far in the sport.
    That being said go to a few national level shows and look at the beef. I know you might think 5'9" is not that tall. Well it is. That's why Mikexxl said you would have to be in the ripped shape at 230 to 240# Did you ever see yourself as a ripped up super weight?
    I did the North Americans this year. The light heavy and heavy class was full of stacked guys going 5'5" 5' 6" They look HUGE. I'm 5'6" and am a middle weight. The guys I was competing with were 5'4" and 5'3".

It's all in the judges hands get out there and see how you stack up.
    Good luck,
    kdtl61

Thread Information