sensaispike is offline Member

My first comptition

OK i have my first comp in feb, i think it is mid feb, i have to call and find out for sure, i am at 173lbs and 11% bodyfat right now, that leaves me about 12 weeks, i just started my diet about 2 weeks ago and when i started i was 175-178 and about 12-13%, i just wanted to know if i have left my self enough time? also i am haveing a cheet meal once a week, usually a pizza, is this ok at this point, or do i need to be more strict?

Some advice would be great.

Thanks

L8ter

Zapp is offline Banned
    12 weeks out is when I started dieting. I was probably around the same % of bf as you, or maybe more. As far as the cheating goes, most have one cheat meal a week until around 4 weeks out, but I didn't. Good luck in your show!

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont believe in cheating during contest dieting either...i did do a few healthy carb refeeds though....never more than that. it also depends on whether or not you're competing natural.

yea i am compeating natural, so does that mean i need to stop cheating?

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by sensaispike
    yea i am compeating natural, so does that mean i need to stop cheating?

I would...are you using any creatine or nitric oxide boosters??

yea i am takeing no-explode

Man its gonna be real hard not to cheat, i can hardly make it through the week without cheating, oh well ill give it a try!

Man its gonna be real hard not to cheat, i can hardly make it through the week without cheating, oh well ill give it a try!

it's all about how bad you want it bro...plus like i said you can have a few carb refeeds along the way im sure.

ok i am a little worried, after this past week i lose 3 more lbs but my bf% did not change, i am sure there is something i could better, i dont really know that much about pre contest diet, i eat mailny chicken, lean steak, tuna and other kinds of fish, fruit, milk oatmean peanut butter, 100% fruit spread, whole weat bread, sapheetty, some chesse and massive amounts of water, i am sure i need to cut some of this just give me a heads up...

Thanks

L8ter.....

post your exact diet and then we can go from there...also check out the dieting forum.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I personally do believe in cheat meals upto 4 weeks out, in my opinion they are good for the mind as well as the body, they will restimulate your metabolism and your spirit...i have cheat meals myself when i diet, being natural willplay a role in this, if i was to do a clean show i would proly do cheat meal every other week...as for loosing 3lbs and BF change, was this your first week of dieting? If so it is mostly water, that's why there would be very little BF change...post your whole diet and we can help...good luck...XXL

ok i cant give you my diet to the tee right now cus i am not at home but here is a rough outline...9am 1-2 cups of plain oatmeal and coffie, 11am grilled chicken breast with cheese on it, and cranberry juce 100% or mils 2%, 1pm, tuna on wholeweat with mayo and sometimes cheese, water or juce with it, 3pm pb and 100% fruit spread on wholeweat, 5 or 6 pm, lean steak, grilled, or spaghetty,..... the times are not spot on cus i dont have the info infront of me, but i will usually have 2 or 3 more meals after 6 before bed , that are usually chicken of fish, of steak, ant the cals are usually 2500-2800 daly....

L8ter

ps that was like the 2nd or 3rd week of diet, 2nd i think...

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    that diet looks horrid for a pre-contest type diet. I would cut out:

cheese
    milk (all dairy product)
    fruit spread
    juices
    bread
    spaghetti

None of those food s should be included in a comp. diet!! I am no expert on this subject, but I do know that, I wil let the other more experienced memebrs disect it down to the bone..

pasta, breads, juices, dairy and fruit definitely aren't in my contest diet....i usually go with chicken, healthy oils, brown rice, green beans, lettuce, white fish, egg whites, oatmeal and whey protein in various amounts

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    ok i cant give you my diet to the tee right now cus i am not at home but here is a rough outline...9am 1-2 cups of plain oatmeal and coffie, 11am grilled chicken breast with cheese on it, and cranberry juce 100% or mils 2%, 1pm, tuna on wholeweat with mayo and sometimes cheese, water or juce with it, 3pm pb and 100% fruit spread on wholeweat, 5 or 6 pm, lean steak, grilled, or spaghetty,..... the times are not spot on cus i dont have the info infront of me, but i will usually have 2 or 3 more meals after 6 before bed , that are usually chicken of fish, of steak, ant the cals are usually 2500-2800 daly....

L8ter

ps that was like the 2nd or 3rd week of diet, 2nd i think...
    You will have a hard time getting lean on this schedule, do some research on this forum there is a lot of good info regarding diets...here is what i normally start out with, your overall calories would have to be lower as you are starting out at 176lbs...good luck...XXL

6:15am
    250ml of egg whites, fat free cheese
    mushrooms and salsa
    1 small low carb whole-wheat tortilla
    50 gm of oatmeal
    10 gm of whey protein
    Protein-49.5gm Carbs-51gm Fat-7.5gm

9:00am
    100 gm of chicken
    1 Cup Mixed veggies
    125 gm of Potato
    5 ml of Sunflower oil
    Protein-30gm Carbs-35gm Fat-6gm

11:30am
    250ml of egg whites with atkins mix
    15ml of jam
    45 gm of oatmeal
    8 gm of Whey protein
    5 ml of Sunflower Oil
    Protein-38gm Carbs-35gm Fat-7.5gm

2:00pm
    100 gm of chicken
    1 Cup Mixed veggies
    125 gm of Potato
    5 ml of Sunflower oil
    Protein-30gm Carbs-35gm Fat-6gm

4:30pm
    250ml of eggwhites with atkins mix
    15ml of jam
    30 gm of oatmeal
    8 gm of whey protein
    5 ml of Sunflower Oil
    Protein-30gm Carbs-25gm Fat-7.5gm

After Training:
    7:00pm
    40gm of whey protein
    1 apple
    4 rice cakes / rice crispies
    Protein-30gm Carbs-64gm Fat-0gm

9:30pm
    100 gm of chicken
    Salad with low fat dressing
    Protein-30gm Carbs-5gm Fat-3gm

Total calories:
    Total Protein-240gm Carbs-250 Fat-37.5

yea i figured my diet was compleat crap. i think i am gonna drop out of the comp, and wait till summer to compeat, maybe i can learn a little more before than, its real hard to eat like that when you are in college, so i guess i will just wait till summer, i dont want to go in to my first one looking like a fat ass....

Thanks for the hlep

L8ter

ok, so i moved the comp from feb to june, i just was not readdy to give up that much this time of the year, you know christmas, thanksgiving, newyears, my ski trip, and my birthday.i am going to research and come up with a better diet, (no carbs, or dariy- i knew not to do this but i dont know why i did.) and i will try to pack on some more mass before the one in june, so i was told to diet 12 weeks out, is this sufficent? and how strict does the diet need to be rigth off the bat? i figure if i get all the info together well before i do it than ill be in good shape. thanks again for all the help...

L8ter

Thread Information