ttuprincess is offline Anabolic Member

NPC Figure/Fitness Info

I know i saw a question, maybe last week about someone looking for info on how to get started in competing... Well here ya go!
    ~Prinny

NPC WOMEN'S FITNESS COMPETITION GUIDELINES

When judging a fitness competition, the judges shall assess the athleticism of the physique. This is not a bodybuilding contest. A SMALL DEGREE OF MUSCULARITY WITH SEPARATION IS DESIRED, WITH NO VISIBLE STRIATIONS. The muscle tone should appear firm and round with a small amount of body fat over the muscle, with no excessive leanness. I stress this is not a bodybuilding competition. The fitness competitions provide alternative contests for athletic women who train, but do not wish to gain muscle size, vascularity, or "cuts" required for bodybuilding competitions. All Figure and Fitness competitors must have reached their eighteenth (18) birthday by the day of the contest.

To answer MANY of your questions concerning the judging process, you can purchase a very informative tape titled "What the Judges Are Looking For" from Repetrope at 1-800-948-6223.

1. CHECK-IN: Double check your entry form for information concerning the location and time of check-ins. It is your responsibility to be on time.

If you are planning on wearing a different suit for the evening finals, the suit must be approved by the head judge at the morning prejudging.

2. NUMBERS: Your number should be pinned on the flat plane on your left hip, this way judges will be able to see it clearly.

3. CONTEST FORMAT: Special note:Generally speaking, the stage area is 12' x 30' . However please check with Lindsay Productions as these dimensions change depending on the venue.

In California, at local/regional events, there will be two height class as follows if there are 8 or more competitors in the event.
    Short Class: up to 5'3"
    Tall Class: over 5'3"
    If there are less than 8 competitors then there will only be one height class.
    At national events there will be either two or three height groups. Contact the specific national event promoter for specifics.

If there are more than 15 athletes in the event, the elimination round will be used as follows.

All athletes will be brought out on stage in round # 1 in their 2 piece bikini swimsuit, which must cover 50% of the glutes, V style suits are acceptable, however, no thong, or T backs, high heels required. Quarter turns will be directed by the head judge. At this time the judges are assessing the overall physique for degree of athleticism, proportion and skin tone. An X will be placed by the numbers of the athletes that the judges feel best represent the top 15 athletes present. The head judge will then tally the judges scores and the top 15 athletes with the majority of X's will continue in the prejudging with their fitness routine.

4. ROUNDS OF COMPETITION: Prejudging will consist of two rounds of competition; Round #1 – swim suit round (2 piece bikini) and Round #2 - final assessment round (1 piece swim suit) i.e., comparisons, Round #3 - 2 minute fitness routine (performed at evening finals only at local/regional events)

ROUND #1 Bikini swimsuit: High heels required, 2 piece bikini swimsuit must cover 50% of the glutes, no thong or T back allowed, however V style suits are acceptable.

The athletes will be brought out in numerical order in their 2-piece swimsuit. At this time the judges may ask for certain contestants to be placed next to other contestants. Quarter turns will then be directed by the head judge so they can make any final comparisons they wish.

ROUND #2 Final assessment (comparisons): 1 piece swim suit, high heels.

The athletes will be brought out in the original line-up in their 1-piece swimsuit. At this time the judges may ask for certain contestants to be placed next to other contestants. Quarter turns will then be directed by the head judge so they can make any final comparisons they wish.

NOTE: The one piece swimsuit may be multi colored and may have ornamentation on it. The one piece swimsuit must be 1 piece, with NO cutouts in the abdominal area, or the sides etc. "French Cut " one piece suits are acceptable !!!!

ROUND #3 Fitness routine round: Wood floor, costume, tennis shoes required, no oils (this round is performed at the evening finals only).

Each athlete will perform a maximum two minute routine to music. The judges will be looking for strength, flexibility, cardiovascular conditioning, style, personality, coordination and overall performance. Contestants should give special attention to their costume, since it too will be judged. Routines may include aerobics, dance, gymnastics or other demonstration of athletic talent. Keep in mind the judges will be looking for overall cardiovascular conditioning from start to finish.

Props are allowed and encouraged, but must be approved by Lindsay Productions prior to the competition.

NOTE: For national events only i.e. USA's The following mandatory strength moves must be incorporated into your fitness routine: 1-arm push-up, leg extension hold, high kick, straddle hold, full split front, full split side. For questions on these moves, please email Sandy Ranalli at [email protected] or call her at (818) 763-7247. These moves are not required at the local level events.

SCORING:

After all three rounds have taken place, the judges will place each athlete from 1st through 15th place depending on the number of athletes competing. Although each round is judged independently, all rounds are combined and divided into a total score for the final placement.

SUITS:

Suits may be solid or multi colored - Thong or T back swim suits cannot be worn, V style suits are acceptable.

Suits may be as follows:

1. Metallic

2. Triangle top or push-up

3. Have any decorations, i.e. studs, sequins, rhinestones, ribbons, etc.

No matter how well your suit fits, it will move. There are a variety of different products which will temporarily glue your suit to your body. BIKINI BITE IS AVAILABLE THROUGH LINDSAY PRODUCTIONS.

HAIR: There are no rule that says you must wear your hair in any particular style, including up or down. The judges cannot judge what they cannot see. If your hair is long, be reminded to move it off your back during quarter turns.

JEWELRY: Jewelry may be worn during all rounds, however they should not detract from your overall appearance.

MAKEUP: The more finished and feminine you appear, the better your overall presentation is. Keep in mind your face makeup should be dark enough to match your body makeup. The judges are looking for the best package of symmetry, stage presence, overall skin tone and femininity.

JUDGING RESULTS: If you wish to approach the judges for feed back, or questions, please do so after the end of the competition at the evening finals.

SPORTSMANSHIP: The NPC requires that athletes conduct themselves in a manner which will reflect favorably on the sport of Women's Fitness / Figure and the NPC. Any conduct contrary to that effect is discouraged and, depending on the severity can lead to suspension from competition. Such conduct includes, but is not limited to:

1. Making disparaging remarks concerning any NPC official, judges or competitors anywhere in the venue location.

2. Making disparaging gestures while on stage.

3. Smashing, breaking or throwing an award, damaging or vandalizing the contest venue.

4. Any conduct which demeans you, your fellow athletes, judges or officials.

EVENING FINALS

You will be notified before the end of the prejudging when you need to return to the venue for the finals. At the local/regional levels of competition all athletes will perform their 2-minute routine at the evening finals. Remember that this portion of the competition will be judged at that time and only then will placements be made.

Competition can be a source of great triumph and personal growth. We thank you for your interest and look forward to seeing you on stage at one of our NPC events real soon.

You may also get information by going to www.npcnewsonline.com.

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    I see you have the fitness part down, but what about figure my girlfriend is trying to do figure some time in the near future and Istill cannot tell what they look for. maybe you know.

Honestly its pretty much the same thing except no routine at the end of the night.

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuprincess
    Honestly its pretty much the same thing except no routine at the end of the night.
    Thank you much, cleared up a lot of things.

easypass is offline Female Member

2nd place

I just wanted to say thanks for your advice prior to my competition. I placed 2nd, not too bad for my first competition, I think. But again ttuprincess thank you very much for answering my pre-comp. questions, I was really stressing out and you helped calm my nerves. Check out my pic.

YM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NPC Figure/Fitness Info-011_11.jpg  

Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!! Im very proud of you. You look terrific! Im glad I could be of help... Hey if you still have those PM's between us for your comp, I would love to get a hold of them, because i would liek to write up all of the info I have been given and used on contest prep for ladies to make one big post about the process.

~Prinny

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    I see you have the fitness part down, but what about figure my girlfriend is trying to do figure some time in the near future and Istill cannot tell what they look for. maybe you know.
    In Canada it's different every show, my wife did one came in hard and lean, did not make the top 3, judges told here to get softer, next show she came in softer, she did not get top 3, they told here to get harder...LOL...she is not a newbe to this she has competed 14 times over last 5 years, so she knows what she's doing, i hope US is more stendardized then this...good luck...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    In Canada it's different every show, my wife did one came in hard and lean, did not make the top 3, judges told here to get softer, next show she came in softer, she did not get top 3, they told here to get harder...LOL...she is not a newbe to this she has competed 14 times over last 5 years, so she knows what she's doing, i hope US is more stendardized then this...good luck...XXL
    This is very true, it depends on the judges not even the organization. NPC judges are the same way all i can suggest is to go out there feeling YOUR personal best and thats all you can do.

whlie they are also being hypocritical, becaus ethe NPC released a statement saying they wanted female competitors to come in with 10% less muscle, but they are not judging to that statement still. Its hard to say what they want. Some shows are alsovery political as to who you know. Very unfair, but that's life.

Thread Information