Bodine6 is offline Junior Member

looking for Ideas on cardio

I basically just run a few miles a day and I know it's not enough. I was wondering what some of you guys do for cardio, type of exercises? Even though I am thin, I have slight love handles.

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    I just try and keep up with my 3 kids all day.....keeps the pounds off

I personally do nothing exciting, except walk on the treadmill and ride the bike. I dont have love handles, so hopefully one of the guys can give you some tips on those. But I do believe diet and aerobic activity will help get rid of your midsection. And also a variety of abb exercises out there, can help shape and define that area for you
    TEST DOES A BODY BEST

MuscledFreakz
    FeminineMuscle
    SculptedByIron

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    When I want to drop excess bodyfat I:

1. Eat Fewer Carbs
    2. Pull a weighted sled twice per week
    3. Get in a 20 minutes session of Jump Rope once per week, between the sled pulling sessions.

I like to do my cardio last thing at night, before bed, after I am done eating for the day.

Ermantroudt

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Walking is what i like, nothing like a nice 45min. walk in the morning to wake your ass up...

baldbeefman is offline New Member

Talking I've finally figured it out!

#1) Get a recumbant bike.

#2) Get an Xbox

I put on basketball or football and the time flys by. I can play 2 games of basketball and it takes right at 45 minutes. Every now and then I just keep on going. I did an hour and 45 minutes the other night at one session. That was after working out that day and doing 45 minutes of cardio that morning. I felt like Forest Gump when he kept on running. I did have to stretch my back out a couple times though.

I also walk my Irish Setter sometimes for a change of pace, while my son rides his bike. Bonding time I guess.
    Last edited by baldbeefman; 05-20-2002 at 07:07 PM.

livnnfit is offline Female Member
    I prefer the excericise bike because I can read while I ride and time goes by faster. Also like XXL said a nice walk in the morning can start your day off right. My new thing is skipping rope in sets of 1 minute x 3 sets - it's a lot harder than it sounds especially after a workout.
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice" www.tracystar.com

BIG R is offline Member

Lightbulb Just a suggestion

I'm with Mike on the 45min walk. I did that each morning for my 2nd show and it worked good. Now the jogging..........I think that the impact will strip too much muscle off of you body. You ever see a seriouse runner's body? You can't scoop a spoonful of muscle off of them! You are already a naturally thin person and running could be dangerouse if you want to hold on to any kind of muscle mass. Some other Open Level NQ'ed BB from Dallas,TX told me to try biking. He said that it will make my ham and glute insertions more defined as well as my calves. Guess what.........He was right!!! My hams are now very defined. I do my cardio wearing neoprene shorts (up to the "love handles" if you want) with a little Prep. H on the glutes. Some say it is witchcraft.....I say it worked. Good luck with your training.

Ruben

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    Originally posted by MIKE_XXL
    Walking is what i like, nothing like a nice 45min. walk in the morning to wake your ass up...
    Totally agree i was out at my girlfriends cottage this weekend and i took her dog for an hour long walk first thing in the morning great cardio source.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I do 35 mins before breakfast on non weight days and 25 post weights

So far i just do the treadmill and monitor my heart rate

Redskinschamps is offline New Member
    Broom handle twists standing up and bent over gets the love handles. Repetitive. I do them for about ten minutes. Sometimes before bed.

NathanSummers is offline Banned
    Get a dog, and chase it!

Ever try a versa climber? And that biking will playing video games is a pretty good idea, i used to watch mma while i ran on my treadmill

i live a 10 min jog from the gym.... so i jog there of an afternoon do a high intense weight session and jog/walk home. i also do a 45-50 min jog in the morning but im competeing in 3 weeks so cardio is turning into walking ..

run_n_fool is offline Associate Member
    this thread is 7 years old geniuses!

Thread Information